1982 panda coin copy by private mint sell in 2018 Beijing international coin show

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by andrewlee10, Nov 16, 2018.

1. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are few non fiat coin for the 2018 Beijing International coin show by private mints which has obtained no consent from the organiser for minting the non fiat coin as heard. However, I do not check with the organiser directly of the truthness of the news.

I found the 1982 gold panda fiat coin copy by Private mint is interesting which 1982 gold panda fiat coin has no legal tender even People Bank of China (PBOC) has issued letter stated it is fiat coin even without face value. This 1982 gold panda fiat coin copy has also no face value which is non fiat because not from PBOC and any official mint at all.

I personal view that private mint is purely for profit and lax in policy and procedures who against the copyright of the show without consent from the organiser to mint a non fiat coin with the words " 2018 Beijing International coin show". On top of it, they just copy the 1982 panda gold coin design and temple of heaven by changing a bit of the design and add in more features.

However, I has to admit which this non fiat coin has done well. This also give me a good example of private mint poor in policy and mainly for profit.

This item has 8 varieties :

Brass 188 mintage

Copper 188 mintage

Brass Gilded 188 Mintage

Silver 388 mintage

Brass one side panda only 19 Mintage

Brass one side temple only 19 Mintage

Copper one side panda only 19 Mintage

Copper one side temple only 19 Mintage

2. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. andrewlee10