1970 Numi Portfolio (USD1000 cost)-3,000 Coins-Now worth USD68,000

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by VRS, Aug 29, 2012.

1. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Welcome back VRS - not seen you around for a bit fella! :D

3. Philski

Philski Member

Even Coins from that era are huge today and mega valuable. The nostalgia market alone is valuable for birth dates even without key dates but again condition is paramount to any high sale unless super rare.. A roll of 1968 2 cents went for $4000 last month. Thats a one dollar roll. Its like hyper inflation only with coins and profit if you sell them at the right time.

4. MadNumismatist

MadNumismatist New Member

Hi guys, I am the author of the above post and owner of the company. I thought I would join in because I suddenly received a huge amount of traffic to the article, and most of it is restricted.

However, if you want to hear two sides of the same coin- deliberate pun, check this one out. It is my response to Peter Schiff, who I greatly admire, but believe was totally wrong, if not misleading.

Thanks for picking up, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I am happy to help wi
    th any questions.
    http://www.scoinsandbullion.com/blo...gold-really-first-lets-look-at-the-facts.html

5. Philski

Philski Member

Hi MadNumismatist

i could not agree more.
    I sell and invest in coins and could not be happier with them as an investment or the ease in selling them. The market for Numis is strongest right here in Australia. Driven in part by record after record sale. It has shown a slow down recently but still produces good returns.

6. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes: SSHHHH , Don't tell everybody there's money in it . :p

7. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome MadNumismatist - Your article was also syndicated on my rss feeds and I had a lot of feedback on it too - around a dozen emails. It's great to be leading the pack mate - well done! ;)

8. MadNumismatist

MadNumismatist New Member

@ Philski, you are right, the coin market is all about nostalgia. I believe owners of coins are safeguarding history for the next generation, their rewards is profit. For sure the market is definitely in a slow down compared to gold, but it is working perfectly. Those wise enough to put a few bucks in back in the tech/property bubble days are, in many cases, in desperate need of cash. And they are getting it just when it is needed most.

Exactly the reason why a coin collection is a prime asset, not some alternative when times get bad.

THAT IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST MISTAKE "INVESTORS" MAKE.

Okay, they may not be getting top dollar prices, but, jeez, this is the greatest crisis ever and cash is king. I really feel for those that do not have any quality assets to get cash, but when I buy something, it is my children's money I am using, and I need to get the best possible price.

@ Spanner Moneky: exactly! Numismatics will grow into a bubble, without doubt, and the longer we can keep a low profile and scoop up the rarest coins we can find, the better the outcome for all those described above.

@VRS cheers dude, not really sure what it all means : ) but really great to know others out there are spreading the word. Thanks a lot.