$19.70 A Good Lockin Price To Buy?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Gucci, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Locked in a deal at Spot: $19.70 this morning Of Maple's. Should I keep waiting for prices to drop or do you think they will go up? (I don't expect $21+ to happen in the beginning of Jan or Feb.) Think I can get lower spot price or was today's dip just a 1 time thing? Big order in Feb by the way if prices are right. I only buy below $20.00 because I will always make profit. :D

2. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Well that makes sense now. I just did the calculations and figured I saved $0.70 cent :lol: But with the free shipping it makes it a cool $2 dollar off per coin + the $.70 cent off per coin. Assuming shipping at other sites is about $10 dollars like Apmex. I was going to get 5 maples of the 25th Anniversary. By the way when does these 2013 coins go away? Do they go away once they sell all of them or is there a certain date? This is my first time buying Silver since 2005/2009 things have changed and all these new cool series of coins that wasn't around in my times are here.

3. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

I guess your in America.. that's a great premium, and the spot price is really low so getting physical at the paper price really is a steal when you consider the massive cost involved mining then minting bullion and having it at a level for investors to hold as physical..

Id recommend Dollar cost averaging ie: dont spend it all at once..

Maybe if you are yet to establish a position get a fair chunk now, but do keep some powder dry for even lower prices or an emergency..

4. Gucci

Gucci New Member

I'm for sure buying now the Asia market just opened and the price dropped lower than this morning. I locked in $19.67 or $19.68. I'll be buying 4 since It's total $100.16. The min purchase is $100 + free shipping. I don't wanna go all out until Friday. Wanna see how the prices do between now and then. Looks like it may stabilize between $19-$20. Also, I'm in American now that I see it's below the user's name I will go put my country in. I've been taught to only buy physical - Peter Schiff :D (Guy made me lots of money. Anything he says goes :lol: )

5. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

The other benefit is that you don't wanna be moving the market about by making too large a purchase in one go :cool:

6. Yendor

Yendor Member

Anyone know how Perth Mint source their spot prices? Silver dropped overnight, but it's been higher on the Perth Mint Bullion site all day.

Right now, the Kitco graph up the top says AUD21.97, but Perth Mint says $22.43. It's not massive, but when the premium on a 10oz bar is $21, an extra $5 is noticeable. (And I've been waiting for the price to drop below $240 before buying a 10oz).

7. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Do not buy from the perth mint is the solution to that problem... goldstackers or any other sponsor

8. Yendor

Yendor Member

For the 10oz bars, even with the higher spot price Perth Mint is still cheaper than anywhere else I've found (by about $10) and I don't have to pay postage.

9. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Are you sure JMBullion isn't cheaper? The prices change every 1min to reflect live market spot prices plus free shipping.

10. swoydaz

swoydaz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perth Mint don't charge postage?

11. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Yeah that to? What kind of mint doesn't charge postage? Maybe because there in the same country.. :/

12. Yendor

Yendor Member

I'm in Australia, and AFAIK they don't ship here at all.

Anyone know of stores that ship free within Australia?

My work is located near Perth Mint and Perth Bullion (Bullion Bourse). I can get to either and back again during my lunch break. But even if I had to pay postage, it's hard to find a 10oz bar with a premium lower than $21.

13. Gucci

Gucci New Member

O that makes sense now. Then in that case I would say go for it! If it reflects spot price though.