152x 50c In a custom container

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Cind3r, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Cind3r

Cind3r Active Member Silver Stacker

Hello Stackers

For sale i have one hundred and fifty two round 1966 fifty cent pieces.

I am asking for $2000 (including express post) or 20g of gold or 1/2 oz gold and I can reduce the total coins. Really I would like to move this portion of my stack to gold but ye'old gov issued fiat will do if gold isnt available.

All of the coins are in good contition. 3/4 of them are really bright and shiny and 1/4 of them have some dark patches (typical looking ones).

To post and store i have designed and 3D printed a container. Made of PLA, this gold coloured container is just a prototype (the lid was not part of the original design but it works as a cover). I am working on a clip system for my custom tubes but I thought I would send this one out with the sale. Full disclaimer i havent designed the container for postage systems so ill pad it really well when I post but sorry in advance if it doesnt survive :)

Thanks for checking this out

2. GoldenEye

GoldenEye Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buzz. I just have to have that box.

3. GoldenEye

I received it and it's actually better than I expected. It's a very neat and attractive unit, and I can fit 232 coins (over 3kg), which is way more than the 152 you've sent. Now I just need to buy some more round 50s to fill it up!! :)

4. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

I have seen it online yesterday, Ah, so this is yours @Cind3r ???
    Very original design but it won't last as the lid where the pins clip; they will snapped off. ( from my observation )
    You may not likes my comment, but design will need to be tested it; to ensure it's A Better Design.
    A Better Design can be improves only by someone criticise on it.

Cind3r likes this.
  5. GoldenEye

I noticed that the lid has locator sections for each coin slot so even if the 3 pins snapped off I expect the lid would stay in place.

My main concern is what would happen if I dropped it? I might have a round 50 break away and fall down a crack, and I could lose it forever. :(

Cind3r likes this.
  6. Cind3r

Cind3r Active Member Silver Stacker

I orginally designed the container to slot into a pelican case i have that sits upright but needed a lid/top to be able to place other items on top. There is heaps of room for improvement and i thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I will start a post about custom containers with some images of the newer designs i have made. The great thing about being able to design and print is the ability to make storage for odds and ends :)
    Stay tuned :)

zygote, Steveno, BelfastChild and 4 others like this.