12 oz Silver Pandas

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Mar 19, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hope to collect the whole set...not an easy task, not cheap either.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGucmVinh1w[/youtube]

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Wow...I'm speechless. I hope you have those scarce medals in a secure SDB.

What is the actual mintage of those massive medals?

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hey Missing. See picture and website http://www.coinex.com/silver_panda_coins/12_oz/ for the mintage. There are some low mintage coins, and they will cost a fortune.

[​IMG]

Yes indeed, I do have a storage facility away from the home. I mean, I'm dumb, but I ain't stupid. And in the home, I'm pretty stocked with guns (a couple hand guns, shot gun, and AR, and couple mean italian greyhounds :D - but good alert dogs...but a treat will silence them, lol). I'm sure the assuies, will go really, guns? what about peace, love and non-violence. LOL. Yeah, okay. Have fun with that.

4. mmissinglink

I think many of our Aussie stacker brothers are with us on ownership of guns. They may not have a Constitutional right to own them (I don't know their Constitution) but many know the value that a gun serves.

5. trozau

trozau Member

LOL! During the past few years, rise in ammo prices makes lead eligible to join the more noble metals in the PM classification. My stack (when at home) is also amply protected by fire power. ;)

6. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But 95 and 96

7. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

As always, amazing set Barsenault! :)

From the positive viewing: this set was finished and you know that there won't be any new one.
    When you start collecting some new series you never know will there be 10 coins/rounds or 100.

This could probably debate on its own and I know there is a huge difference between "American" and "European" viewing on the topic, but I think I prefer Japanese style of gun control. Very strict control even for airsoft guns. Result is that not many people are killed in one year with guns.
    Well I guess there are many more killed by katans. :p

If it's not secret, approximately how much do you spend (invest ;) ) on coins and medals per month Barsenault? :)

8. mmissinglink

Hey Stark,

I am opposed to violence of any kind unless it is in self-defense. I am strongly opposed to capital punishment and wars. I am not a pacifist though. Responsible gun ownership is not the problem. The problem is not the gun but the wacko who uses a gun to commit crimes. That's what needs to be addressed in places like the U.S. where there are plenty of mentally ill people and also evil people who will take whatever weapon they can get their hands on and use that to harm innocent people.

The gun exists. I can not conceive of a scenario where all guns will be destroyed and all manufacturing of guns will cease. Bad guys will always get their hands on guns. Why shouldn't good guys also be able to have a gun to protect against the bad guy or prevent the bad guy from using his gun to harm innocent individuals?

Of course, there are concurrent problems that need to be addressed that are generally not being addressed adequately in the US. The biggest problem in my view is the lack of education on good ethics and almost as importantly, lack of education on civics.

But I suppose I digress and this is a whole other discussion.

There's probably a separate thread on guns somewhere in this forum.

9. IrvineShum

IrvineShum New Member

full set 12oz panda very expensive

if u want ask me