$1000 per ounce before this decade ends!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silver Bullion Boy, May 2, 2012.

1. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

someone posted a good article here (think was Rickards rebuttal US gold standard) about gold standard, US and how the euro is linked to gold.. sounds like they have it sussed out to me inthat regard, better than old skool gold standard.

2. wilkes

wilkes Member

Someone finally put it into terms that anyone can understand! Hopefully this can be reposted in every argument regarding the cost of bread relative to PM's.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I wonder who'll have the guts to hang on to their silver when it tops a few hundred an ounce.

4. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

It's got to get there first!

There's going to be a lot of people wanting to cash out at the $50~ mark. Let alone $100/$200 etc.

5. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Yes I agree 100% with Aengrod's figures..The only thing that is missing is the level of debt in 1930's compared with today..Am I missing something. Now don't tell me brains because I know that already.

Regards Errol 43

6. KMGeneral

KMGeneral Member

So would a lot of people, myself included :)

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol - yeh its a phurphy thrown up with astounding regularity! :lol:

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol - the dumb barstads :lol:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

LoL, yeah not me. I'm buying up to $100.

Where else to put money in this climate?

10. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

Remember reading somewhere that in 1966 what one person on the average wage earned - it now takes two and a half people to earn the same amount. Criminal. The theft on inflation. And no wonder our fertility rate is below replacement. Serious does any one really agree or think that japan, united states, or europe will pay back those trillions in debts? And the bankers will not wipe the slate clean. Currency devaluation - the US no longer publishes its M3 money supply. I do not particularly like where the future is going. Prepare for Glennpocalypse and pray that Australia does not face a Mark Steyn - armageddon. I think we can all agree when it comes to these sovereign debts this is why we stack. Forget the price forecast and silver for the moment and i am buying gold while it is still below $2000 Aus dollars. In the words of Judge Napolitano - "Stay Free ".

11. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I am hoping silver hits $50 and gold stays where it is.

GSR trades :cool:

12. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

$500 silver - Silver Liberation Army!
    Seriously I remember seeing a Mike Maloney video of $1500 by the end of the decade.
    Do you think that the price will go to those extremes?
    Seriously though, as is the price is being controlled by our new feudal overlords - the central bankers.
    Look at the gold price over the last decade - it is a directly proportional straight line.
    Anyone who has been shorting gold the past four years would have been making serious money - Peter Schiff video.

Stay free

13. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it is possible, when that is coming from a gold hoarder hiding somewhere who hated silver so much, that he who has the gold is condemned not to rule :p

during the war, people with silver will give up so much just to get their hands on the small gold causing the ratio to sky rocketed.

now in the time of peace or a plenty the gold hoarders may give up some of theirs just to get some useful silver for a change :lol:

14. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

Exactly! Thats Exactly it, debt!

After "Nixon Shock" dollar was loosing value like mad, and debt was sucked up by gold and silver (not literally :) ) reflected in gold and silver price spike. Thats fundamentally what happened.
    As much as I dont like salesman Maloney has it right. This time it is whole world, not only the west, and if whole world is drowning in debts and can participate in the greatest revaluation run in history ... you get the picture.

FOFOA brought quite good argument: they (TPTB) gonna do it with a bang! As to get the most leverage out of that move, it will be like repeating Mexico 1994, just the other way - up. One day they will tell you: price of gold wont go up, on the next morning it will be beyond your reach. Happened every time in history, and now is no different - currencies loosing value, PM standing victorious.

If you think about it, the very easy way out is not causing hyperinflation ( with hyperinflation goes civil unrest, mayhem, revolution, loosing power by "elites" etc) the easy way out is to put the price of gold and silver so high in currency terms, that common man will only hear "tales of legend" about 1oz bullion pamp bars :D

Issue is price. Value is there already.

15. Turk

Turk Active Member

Answer...

16. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Are you saying you believe this will occur via inflation or default?

17. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

After "Nixon Shock" both happened.

Inflation: as dollar was loosing its purchasing power relatively to PM's and
    Default: as US said to its debtors: suck it up, we are closing convertibility of dollars into gold at fixed rate.
    Wanna get gold? Go to the market and get it, then market priced it accordingly.

So answer to your question is yes inflation. I dont think that hyperinflation will happen. If you "inflate" and in reality adjust the price of gold to reflect debt ... it did happened in 70 - 80 period, dollar lost 2280%+ of value relatively to gold. Did hyperinflation happened? No. And why is that? Because other currencies were loosing value too, thats exactly what is going on right now. Every currency is loosing value; so hyperinflation on every continent? I highly doubt it.

Just adjust the price of PM's and be done with it. Clear the balance sheets, and we can start all over again ... :lol:

18. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Investment demand internationally ( China and India etc) along with the weight of Super money in 1 st World Countries will drive silver up slowly IMO.Even in a small country like Australia there are many SMSF and their advisors considering PM's as a valid diversification option.

The weight of Super money over the next ten years will be hugely significant in underpinning investor demand.Silver will slowly become a given in any balanced portfolio i believe.

10 years ago not many of us knew we would buy a bottle of water at a 7/11 for $2.50?

19. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I don't think so - and even if it is, its unhelpful to expect it
    Make a plan - stick to it....

All you need to know or expect is that the fundamentals are sound and they have not and don't look like changing in the near future.
    End of story - silver is a hold/accumulate indefinitely

Price Target - Silver IS money

20. Vic_Bitter

Vic_Bitter New Member

Before the decade ends, if JP Morgan's silver manipulation game folds - we could possibly see silver at $1000 per oz