$100 Silver not possible this year

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Aureus, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

2008 was a 60% drop in Silver right? it would be a major turnaround if you're right, i'd be very happy to be wrong :)

2. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

Although $100 is not likely this year, it's not impossible by any means. It really depends on how long the charade can continue to carry on for. You say that you don't buy into what the permabulls have to say, so what is it that you expect will happen to the world?
    That's honestly the question I ask myself all the time as i think hard for an alternative path or resolution to the massive global economic problems that even the mass media is openly now talking about. This is years after the youtube community first began speaking about it and what do you know... Gold over 1800 is crazy and they called it in like 2009.

I seriously can't see any alternatives due to the sheer scope of what we are facing here. They can't just wish it all away, and there is plenty of alternative evidence to youtube channels to suggest what these people are saying is true. I see signs of it every day. Don't forget history either, we're still the same stupid humans that we were back in WW2 or the Great Depression. Society will break down again, i am sure of it.

I think Maloney is right in the use of the word 'energy'. Energy cannot be destroyed, it only transfers from one state to another, and fiat has a hell of a lot of energy stored up that needs to go somewhere when it all comes crashing down. I doubt the USA will sort out its debt, nor the eurozone, Japan etc etc you've heard it all before a million times.

I think we all still have it pretty good here in AUS so it doesn't really 'feel' like anything bad is happening. But my friends from the US as well as UK are in serious struggle town right now and it won't be getting any better.

My main concern about the price of silver is still to what extent that people will consider silver as 'money'. It seems however that it has been following gold very closely with its ups and downs recently. I don't think your friend is as thick as you make him out to be. And no, i'm not a blind follower sheep if that's what you're thinking. Ive done my research and that is the conclusion i have come to.

3. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

Wherever it goes, silver seems stuck in a funk at the moment. It bounced from low $30's and is in hover-mode... Who knows? But I seriously doubt $US100 by year's end...

4. damien192x

damien192x New Member

Im bored of silver right now, i should stop coming here and reading BS posts about the price every day. So annoying how it zigzags up and down. Not that i will sell, that would involve effort. It's a good thing selling silver requires a bit more effort than clicking a button

5. Preciousmetal

Preciousmetal New Member

I haven't seen anyone factor in QE3. That is surely coming, possibly at the end of the month. Anything can happen after that.

As far as the 'perma-bulls' are concerned, for the most part, they have a good idea of where everything is heading, but seem to get the timing off somewhat. You can't blame them, really. In reality, all the system needs is one black swan event to occur, and the unraveling of the system will turn into a rapid collapse. Until that happens, the central banks and governments seem very good at kicking the can down the road and bandaging everything up.

6. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Yea i suspect when the world re-enters recession it will be quite bad for silver. Half the the world is already in recession the data is just not available yet to confirm that.

I've seen market crashes recently where silver has performed well and rumors last night of Greek default this weekend that knocked it down. I think the natural safe havens are USD/Treasuries(that's obvious from last night) and somewhat Gold. I'm not so sure if Silver is considered a total safe haven yet but i suspect that's due to its industrial usage aspect.

The trading range for silver has been quite small so we are in a somewhat price consolidation which can finish with another correction or a upward move. Hopefully the later.

7. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

Possible? Yes, but highly unlikely. My aim 60 - 75$ by the years end.

8. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't even think we'll break $50 by the end of the year to be honest.

9. Iluvnumbers

Iluvnumbers Member

Hasnt silver already reached $100/oz........Look at what 1 oz dragons are selling for ........ $100/oz!

10. Aureus

Not in my books, I get angry having to pay $45 for rounds these days... simply cannot understand people buying 1oz of silver for $100. I don't care how rare the coin is :/

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Point's taken but I have also noticed a detachment from the industrial price over the recent turmoil in the markets , days and nights when Gold and Silver were holding hands and dancing up and down the charts in unison , call me biased (and you would be right) but I think Silvers turn to shine is not too far off in the future. There is only so much Gold to go around in the event of a major shock but even less Silver.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Please provide a link for these $100 Dragons on Ebay, as most I see are more around the $200 level , actually saw one for $355 at auction . Meanwhile a lonley 2000 issue was sitting there untouched at $185 buy now.

The Mania is well underway for the Dragons at least.

Hehe wat if i offered you a redback for a hundred bucks roman ?

13. spookeychicken

spookeychicken New Member

My guess is low 40s...with a run up to the mid 40s before years end...

my Xmas wish is 80s by the end of the year..ho,ho,ho.
    Its all I want for xmas

Come on Mr jp morgan make one little boys wish come true.....please!

14. Aureus

Well i'd buy it, resell it and then buy rounds :p
    Agreed, feel so sorry for the uninformed fools paying that much but that's largely due to the fact I envy the ability to throw away money.

15. Philski

Philski Member

im obviously no expert, however I would have to say US$48.31 an oz at years end. AEST

i would prefer if it went to $200 then dropped to $10
    after i sold, all i had of course :)

Kindest Regards
    Phillip

16. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

If the bet was $50 or even $60 silver, I would say expect to pay up. If the bet was $70 silver, I would say a be little worried. With $100 silver, I would not be worried in the least that it will happen. And if it should happen, you would be thrilled at the nominal increase in value of your stack.

17. Golden

Golden Member

Silver is already selling at 75/oz here in EU.
    75=100AUD if I am not mistaken. :D
    Only thing is, it has to be a dragon.

18. Recent

Recent New Member

50 $ is the bigge for this year,to get through

19. Bart

Bart New Member

I'm on this ship ..but hope it spends a bit of time in the +$50's beforehand

20. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

Not a chance IMHO.be lucky to reach 60, but after it cracks 50 its anyones guess i spose.Im guessing $60-70 by years end.

But then again i hope eat my words!!

GM