1 KILO Lunar Horse Video - BEAUTIFUL

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by barsenault, Jul 19, 2014.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

2. pragmatist

pragmatist New Member

Wonder how much that cost?

3. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Your link is no good

4. noah

noah Member

Link working fine down this end...

5. barsenault

736.00 for 1

730.00 for 5

For me at APMEX.

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

7. barsenault

Maybe not as awesome, but if you listened carefully to my video, this is a pure bullion play for me at 1.79 an ounce over spot. I'm steering clear of 'wasting' (IMHO) any further dough on 'collectibles.' My primary goal is, low mintage, govt issue, as close to spot as possible (no, not interested in blobs), and high quality, and popular world-wide coins. These fit the bill nicely FOR ME. What others do, amen, all the power to them. :)

8. mmissinglink

I didn't have my audio on at all....did you make that video?

Everyone has their own goals and ideology to get there. In my view, if I were looking to get lowest premiums on the most silver, I'd be strictly sticking with the lowest premium blobs. Everything else would be a waste of money if that were my goal. That said, I'm not knocking your goals and the means that you are looking to get there....just that everyone is different as you rightfully stated.

Personally, I like a little bubbly (collectible coins) with my flat water (blobs) and so I have a little of both.

9. barsenault

Yes indeed those are my videos. And yes, you are right, we each have our own goals. I'm not into blobs, generics, non govt issued coins. Again, my goals are: govt. issued, low mintage, world-wide recognition, different patterns every year, possible semi numi play, and low cost over spot (spot is cheaper than most every govt issued 1 oz coin). I'm putting my money with my mouth is, and I feel these are the best play for me personally. Wish I hadn't stacked so much of the other stuff and had a hundred kilos stacked. I'd be happier. Oh well. All the best missing.

10. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm with you on the bullion coins. I have a couple of kilo horses and some of the previous Perth Mint Lunar kilos too. When compared to generic silver bars, these coins usually appreciate in value over time by a significant amount over spot while a bar of silver is always just a bar of silver (except for notable exceptions like the beautiful old Engelhard hand pours).

Beyond purely financial reasons, I love the kilo coins for the designs and exceptional quality of finish. The only issue is that when you get several you discover they are hard to stack. Overall, not the worst problem to have. :)

11. Luker

Luker Member

Couldn't decide whether to buy one of the 1 kilo silver proof 2014 Lunar Horse or 3 of the 1 kilo bullion 2014 Lunar Horse...ended up purchasing one of each today from APMEX...the proof for $1757 CDN ( They should have 1 of the proofs remaining), and the bullion for $791CDN. Very excited to unbox those!

Anyone here ever buy from Talisman coins in the US? I purchased a 1 kilo silver proof 2013 Snake from them recently.

My PayPal account confirmed payment to them as of 7/26/14, but I have not received any further correspondence...

Cheers,
    Luker

12. barsenault

Yeah Talisman takes a long time, but you'll get it eventually. :) I love my kilos. I just my kilo kook 2014 today. Yippee.

13. mmissinglink

I've bought a couple of coins from Talisman...they were good to me, so I can recommend based on first hand experience. It's very tempting to buy the proof silver kilo. Nothing wrong with bullion horse kilo, but if I'm going to buy a bullion kilo, there's less expensive bullion kilos than the horse and since the PM has the ability to mint these till 2019, there could be a flood of them on the market by the time 2019 closes. I guess I sometimes tend to choose quality over quantity when it comes to certain precious metals products. I've got some low cost blobs secured away at my SDB...they may want the company of a proof silver kilo horse.... without anything exciting and very shiny like a large proof, it's rather drab in there. :)

14. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

your clicks are no good

15. Luker

Luker Member

Received my 2014 1 kilo Silver Australian Year of the Horse (Series II) Bullion and PROOF coins today. Photos attached.

Cheers,
    Luker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/13635_dscn0419.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]