1/20oz gold 2011 panda

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Mi lao shu, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Mi lao shu

Mi lao shu Member

Yesterday, i buy set of 2011 gold pandas 1, 1/2,1/4,1/10,1/20oz and 1/10oz gold panda 2010 for total 22520rmb or 3480USD. I was planned ti buy 3oz total one week ago on Aug 3rd after major drops come, but these didn't happen. Anyway my hunch push me to go and buy some, so i make these purchase , 1 oz will wait that drop if come, if not 2010 gold pandas 1/2 oz and below is goal. In 1/20oz pouch is same paper ,with some kind of bar code inside , i didn't buy 1/20oz before so i didn't look them so much.Does anyone know what these paper is for? Inscription on Chinese is name of mint. .Also 10 days ago i buy some silver pandas, but i didn't take receive so i don't know prices but now these look definitely like good purchase. Also then i buy my first proof coin Shenzhen Universiade. :D

[​IMG]
    Source:

[​IMG]
    Source:

[​IMG]
    Source:

[​IMG]
    Source:

2. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

very nice, Mi Lao Shu.
    regards Maggie

3. petercamperdown

petercamperdown New Member

Nice collection thank you for posting the pics.

4. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey Mi lao shu, congratz on that terrific buy!

The little piece of paper is another type of certificate of authenticity. If you buy a complete strip of ten coins, one in ten coins will have that strip of paper attached, indicating that it has been through Quality Assurance and is genuine. It doesn't affect the price of the Panda if it has or hasn't got the paper (yet)... but I do try and hold onto as many of these as I can :)

Congratz again! :)

5. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

So, I should consider myself lucky ;) (One of the gold Bears you got for me, Yennus, had that small slip of paper in it). I wondered about that when I got them, now I know the story behind it, thank you for the explanation! :)

@Mi tao shu: Very nice coins, if I may say so! Congratulations on the purchase, and thank you for sharing the photos!

6. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here's a pic of what a strip of ten looks like. You can see the little strip of paper hopefully.
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/675_img_7179.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

7. Mi lao shu

Mi lao shu Member

Thanks guys!

@yennus my special thanks for sharing the info about paper piece!

8. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

+1 thanks for the information on the piece of paper. I kept the one you sold me yennus :D

9. Mi lao shu

Mi lao shu Member

After S&P drop USA cr. i decided to go and buy one more oz of gold .And i go out with my xie jie to buy some gold coins, eventually i buy 2pcs of 1/4 oz 2010 Gold Panda and 1 pcs of 1/2 oz 2010 Gold Panda totaly for 12975rmb or 2021sd , but my i was surprised with 2 things :

1-2pcs of 1/4 oz 2010 gold panda was 6232 rmb totally and lot cheaper then 1/2 oz 2010 gold panda -6743rmb, but they didnt have on stock more of this 1/4oz so i take 2x 1/4 oz and 1x 1/2oz.
    2-in some posts before i write that i didn't take receive with one of one my previus buys, today i find out why. As i was calculating what is best buy seller offer me deal who u cant refuse we will give u 2% discount more if u don't take receive, with 5% i already have that was very good offer. I WAS BUYING IN OFFICIAL CHINA GOLD COIN SHOP. Also i noticed that seller calculated how much is 3% of total amount , so i think it have more space to negotiate price, next time i will offer cash payment:lol:/....

10. mfm

mfm New Member

If it's the same paper I got with a silver panda it will show the logo of the People's Bank of China if you light it up with UV light.

Nice universiade coin, I only saw the silver medals for 699 RMB which didn't seem so interesting...