1/2 oz horse

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by googils, Sep 10, 2014.

1. googils

googils New Member

Good day to Everyone!
    First of all I need to say that I'm new to this and all I need is information.
    I have a Lunar Year of the Horse 2014 1/2 oz coin, new, w/o abrasion marks etc.

Could you please tell me a good selling price for this coin and a place where I can sell it (I guess I can do that here, but anyway)
    This coin is with me in Latvia now and I'm not happy about price they offer here. (I have a highest offer of 485 EUR)

Thank You and have a good day!

2. Yendor

Yendor Member

Spot at the moment is 967 Euro. That means spot for your 1/2oz is 483 Euro. Most bullion dealers won't offer you much more than that unfortunately. :( Better bet for a good price is a private sale, though I'm not sure how many Latvian members we have here (but there are a few Russian and German members, and plenty from the UK).

Also, if you're selling to a dealer, watch the spot price. It's slumped $40 in the past week or two. Recently it's been bouncing up and down, so you could watch for it to go back up before selling.

3. googils

googils New Member

Thank You Yendor!
    Actually yes, I bet on a private customer, but anyway I can't understand a good price.
    Anyway, I visited another local shop of coins here, they told me that the price for a private customer could be around 800 - 900 EUR, but they are not interested to do that for me.
    I made a post on one of our sale sites with an offer - 600 eur, but looks like we don't have the right customers...

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

If you know someone who sells on ebay, you might try selling through them. I sold some silver last year through an ebay super seller cllent of mine.