Do you try and educate people on stacking

Discussion in 'Silver' started by platinumpig, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"I agree with you, most especially convincing your better half."

Mine sighs a lot!

OC

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I think the error many stackers make is that they distort the truth....they make claims about physical precious metals that aren't really true. And when stackers do this and the reality on the ground hits the newbie in the face, of course they turn sour....they feel misled. I don't know the motivation of all stackers who tell tall tales, but certainly there are those who intentionally deceive. There are others who just think they are telling the truth but they just don't know what the truth is.

Now I have no idea what your conversations with your friend was like, but I'm simply stating that this stretching of the truth is the problem with many stackers. If stackers were completely honest with those they converse with, there would be far less resentment and bitterness toward stackers and I believe there'd be more people who would have pm's as part of their assets or savings.

This is why when I talk to people about precious metals, I make sure not to distort the truth and tell tall tales of how pm's are something they are not (for example "insurance", "money", "they have intrinsic value")....I don't want people to feel they were lied to. Sadly, I think this is what many stackers do because they either don't know what pm's are or they are wearing their permabull hat too tightly.

3. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

What ever you do explaining as plainly and simple, you do not have control of things ahead plus you do not have control of what really they want. So, even id love to... why bother, frankly been honest always to them.

How religious they deal with finacial adversaries is another chapter of their struggles. Everybody has struggles and you cant hold and mixed it with them. They have emotions and likings and cant tell them what. Saying the truth is there. Just so cristal clear. You just really dont know how their cookie crumbles. You do not know how they bite the cookie, is it big or small plus how it crumble when they do.

Money is nothing at all againts true friendship. I would rather offer to somebody i do not know than person i really know. But still, i will be always carefull on this subject matter regarding PM.

Honesty is expensive gift, you can not expect it to anybody who chooses to be cheap.

4. platinumpig

platinumpig New Member

I think I have adopted the "keep my mouth shut unless asked" opinion. But sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut if I hear people talking absolute garbage based on mainstream media manipulation. However, that being said, close friends and family I try a bit harder with because I obviously want to see them flourish alongside me when it happens. If I'm the only one who makes money out of this and they don't, i feel like it would kill my high big time

5. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Silver is a zero sum market.
    A winner implies a loser.
    Nobody wants to be loser.
    So winning and educating conflicts.
    So it's the opposite: a winner has to mislead instead of educate.
    And that's just what happens.

One can now have a "oh we are buddies should help eachother" feeling.
    Due to above, what is left is dumping high to dealers not to buddies.
    But these tend to be smarter than that, they cooperate with eachother / together form a hedge against the speculators, and they have all and quickest access to sales figures.
    What remains is just one thing: avoiding paying too much already from the very start. And that's why the first step, the newbie step, is a critical one.
    And exactly why cartels like Zerohedge, Silver Doctors, governments, do all they can to inflict that loss along that first step.

This is the clearest description I came across:

6. mmissinglink

When what happens????

7. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

The end of the world as we know it Jim.
    Sometimes the Jim loses his pants, sometimes his house, sometimes his savings, sometimes his life, sometimes all 4, with the latter being the cheapest funeral with nothing to inherit so that Jim doesn't make it to the history books.

8. BBQ

BBQ Member

Given up years ago.

What strikes me hardest is the realisation that nobody gives 2 sheets how or why their money 'grows' as long as it grows. In other words, integrity and honesty of the institutions in question don't even come into thought. Same applies to gov policies. In other words, we are all part of the problem and willingly participate on so many levels in everyday life. Breaking it down is fruitless for those who don't wanna see and don't want to change.

Let them be.

9. Golden

Golden Member

I forgot to mention, that when you 'educate' others, you're also telling them that you invest in/have precious metals. Not a good idea.

10. mmissinglink

Not necessarily. If you are smart about it, it doesn't necessarily pose any more risk than say wearing an expensive watch and dressing in expensive clothes.

11. Miser

Miser New Member

I generally avoid trying to educate anyone on precious metals. I don't feel qualified to offer advice.

12. Golden

Golden Member

And telling everybody about your precious metals it is definitively not being smart about it.

13. Miser

Miser New Member

Too true. It is very hard to discuss the idea of stacking precious metals without making it obvious that it's precisely what you are doing. Just by talking about it, you could be opening yourself up to theft.