Frank Franzetta - Death Dealer coin (1oz and 5oz) 2015

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Stark, Mar 7, 2015.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I have troubling news to report on the producers of the Frazetta statues, Frazetta medals and the Eagle statue, Heads or Tales Coins.

I have still not received my full order which was placed about 18 weeks ago (more than 4 months).

I was last told on March 29 that I should be receiving a parcel by 4/9. I did not. Since 4/9, I have sent 3 emails to Heads or Tales Coins and I still have not received a reply (and yes, I check my SPAM folder).

My patience has grown very thin and I am putting this out as my experience and as a potential warning as to serious customer service problems brewing at Heads or Tales Coins.

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I can't say I'm surprised, shocked, or flabbergasted that they would treat you this way. I hate to say it, but when you said a certain individual worked there, I thought, 'uh oh, trouble.' I hope I'm proven wrong. But I say, 'sham.' I'm glad I got my money back. I will never do business with them again. Not the way I was treated. No way Jose. May be a beautiful product, but terrible company, which means, terrible product, IMHO.

I hope you get squared away missing, I really do.

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I had some 1970s comic books with his artwork that I purchased new, but I sold most/all of them last year. At least I still have all my 1977 Star Wars #1 issues in mint condition.

4. Andelis

Andelis New Member

I think I would have preferred this in colour. What's cool about Frazetta's original piece is the lighting and deliberate absence of detail in parts of the shadowy figure. All of which is lost in the metal interpretation.

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I have seen the original Death Dealer painting in person. The difference between it and a high quality litho print is significant. So every reproduction (no matter what print form) is a big step down from the actual painting....but this is just life. There's no way possible to recreate the look of the original painting on a coin and so to me, interpreting Death Dealer into metal is as appealing as a print.

Sure, very different, but still, neither print nor medal can possibly capture the "feel" of the original painting.

I'm very pleased with my Frazetta medal....definitely better in hand than in pictures.