What's your choice in silver safes??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Shippeevt, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Frankly, if you can't defend what is yours in your own home you're a useless pussy and deserve all you get.
    Same as these idiots who constantly fall for these scams through their own greed and stupidity.
    I have nothing but contempt for such pathetic failures.

2. Thirty years in business handling large amounts of cash and other valuables and I never had a significant loss despite having had several break-ins.
    That tells me all I need is a good safe and a few security measures for when I am not there and a pair of bollocks when I am there to keep what is mine from parasites who want to get a free ride from me.
    You think every jewelery shop gets done over on a regular basis or do they move all their stock to a bank vault every night.
    Just one of countless examples of people who choose to, or are compelled to, take personal custody and responsibility for their own valuables.
    Works for many other aspects of life also, gives one dignity and self respect but of course that's not for every one.

3. ClonesArePeopleTwo

ClonesArePeopleTwo New Member

Pill bottle was probably the worst example although I was thinking more like Vitamin C, but I'm a student living with just a lock as security and I've been broken into twice this year already, I've had things like a pair of shoes stolen but I hid my metal in jars in a cupboard and a hole in a bed leg, it sounds absolutely ridiculous but who's going to go through that?

4. o-to

o-to Member

Someone who knows what they are looking for ;)

5. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A good secret is as good as a good safe. Anyone will open one with a knife or gun pointed at them.

6. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

I have a cheap Bunnings safe that a crim could carry off. It's full of my 5 and 10 cent coins. Should weight them down enough to reduce theft of other items.

7. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Don't put all your eggs into one basket. Spend your funds on PM's rather than expensive safes.

8. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

D!ckhead statement of the year award - congratulations! You should be so proud.

9. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Who has a hole in a bed leg? I don't believe it and I think its an urban myth.

10. Niveka

Niveka New Member

I'm not sure if you were trying to insult him or not but if you were, I would say that you missed the mark. Throughout history the d!ckhead has been the most idolized and highly celebrated part of the human anatomy. In most societies it is generally accepted that the bigger d!ckhead is even more valuable and praiseworthy than the others. Of course if I got it wrong and you were throwing him a compliment then well done sir, you have succeeded.

11. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Security by obscurity :)

12. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Old beer cans may be worth more than you stack to collectors.

13. That's exactly the kind of crap a gutless lemming would spew out.
    Plenty of noise but no facts.
    Just bite the bigger dogs' ankle and then run like hell. Pathetic and weak as piss. :lol:
    Ask the Cypriots how they feel about the honest, secure banking system dickhead, then ask the Germans how they feel trusting someone else to store their gold nice n safe for them.
    But that could never happen to you right?
    If you completely trust the system you deserve all you get shit fer brains. :lol:

14. ClonesArePeopleTwo

ClonesArePeopleTwo New Member

An Urban Myth? Bloody Mary and Walt Disney's cryogenically frozen head are urban myths, a hole in a piece of furniture that I discovered and used as a hiding place would make for a fairly dull tale.

15. LOL, He missed the mark because he was shooting blanks.
    Lots of piss and wind but no actual argument.

16. The point is this.
    If you can't do the time you don't do the crime.
    Crims generally know this and do not exceed their risk opposes gain quota.
    A crim who beats security systems, cracks quality safes and especially a crim who goes armed to commit a crime, as in holding a gun to your head to make you open the safe, those are hard core and playing in the big league.
    Maximum risk but potentially massive gain.
    These guy's are not interested in nickel and dime petty crap and this includes pretty much the entirety of average Australian households.
    It is absurdly paranoid to be afraid of this scenario because you have, what, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 odd grand in your safe probably beside your rifles and pistols which also gives the more professional crims pause to asses the risk vs gain factor carefully.
    A home safe is most often a clear signal to a crim that there are firearms in that house as well as the unknown possibility of treasure. Very high risk proposal with an unknown gain factor.
    Just think sensibly about how likely these scenarios actually are, in fact, just think for yourselves period.
    Those people who cancel their flight, after watching the news, for fear of an attack or accident.
    Those who constantly cower in fear and have no capacity to live life with out fear and self loathing.
    The weak and feeble minded slaves of the NWO. To me these people are nothing but a liability and a very dangerous liability during tough times.
    I avoid these people like the plague they are.
    Nothing wrong with a SDB. We all have individual circumstances and perhaps it's prudent for some depending on their circumstances and mindset but some paranoid idiots here just make me sick with the garbage they issue on this subject.
    I'm not suggesting this is the case with you BTW heartastack. :) This is more of a general observation.

17. oscarheem

oscarheem Member

buy a rottweiler for $800 and buy cameras and DOG INSIDE ENTER AT OWN RISK signs with the $200 you have left. And dog food etc.

18. The "beware of dog" sign is actually a bad idea, if someone trespasses on your property and gets bitten or eaten by the Rottie this particular sign has some potential nasty legal implications for the property owner.
    Rotties are usually sooks BTW.
    It may seem unlikely to many but a Blue Heeler is the best companion and one of the most brave and tenacious dogs you will find.
    I have had the misfortune to see these brave animals willingly die to protect their owners.
    If you must have a sign the one I prefer reads..... "IS THERE LIFE AFTER DEATH? TRESPASS HERE AND FIND OUT" Or there is the old classic..... NEVER MIND THE DOG, BEWARE OF THE OWNER.
    The Dog barking is usually sufficient for repelling most common thieves from your property, you will certainly need a better budget than $1000.00 though for some sort of serious security.
    I would happily spend money on security rather than trust and pay a bankster to look after my valuables. Seems incongruous to me to pay a bank to store your money but perhaps I am old fashioned expecting them to pay me interest rather than me paying them.
    With electronic security, don't put signs up telling thieves exactly what type of system you have! Information is power and to deny information always allows you to retain the advantage.
    I would gladly take my chances with blue collar, garden variety crims over the white shoe brigade. The Blue collar crims are far more honorable and predictable
    For me, the days of having to vigorously protect my properties are in the past fortunately as I no longer handle large sums of cash or other valuables, although I remain well prepared for any threats that may crop up.
    I have certainly learned a thing or three about this over the years.

19. Ant80

Ant80 Member

A small safe is better than no safe at all - I'm not saying they're unbreakable, of course they aren't, but if you do get a small safe, hide it in a cupboard or another place and screw the back to the wall (screws from inside the safe, obviously). Then at least nobody can carry it away so easily. And secrecy is very important: only tell people whom you trust about it, or better yet, don't tell anyone at all!

I know it's not the most secure way to store your valuables, but still better than no safe at all or just a locked money box that can easily be transported away - and it's inexpensive.

20. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

Never thought of the bed-leg - I could slide a whole lot of 10 oz bars up there. With the mattress so heavy, the bed's hard to move so noone would notice it would be possible to remove the end of the leg. Genius!!! Now not to tell anyone.