AP lost item. what do i do?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by JDMseaweed, Oct 31, 2014.

1. JDMseaweed

JDMseaweed Member

I'm not sure about other countries but it depends on your payment method and the policy on your card. Not sure if the VISA or MASTERCARD policy is global.

2. spclst69

spclst69 Member

If you do a chargeback on your cc, PayPal will block your account and you will not be able to use PayPal again

A seller only needs to prove they sent the item using one of the approved methods on PayPal. A receipt from the post office matching the delivery post code is enough for PayPal to side with the seller.

None of the above had happened to me personally, however I have read countless posts of a similar nature on one of Aus' broadband forums.

3. JDMseaweed

JDMseaweed Member

^ok, I understand that, from the sellers point of view.

but, then what am I to do? why should I cop it when I didn't do anything wrong? the postie could be a rouge - but how do i prove that.. do i need to get CCTV footage? police report? eye witness reports? how far do i have to go to prove that i didnt receive the goods.

in this case it was $100... what if I spent $5000.. I'd be hell pissed off if they treated me the same way.
    so 'buyer protection' is meaningless and bull?

anyway, thanks for your heads up, I've emailed paypal to let them know I've asked my card provider for a chargeback, and to let me know if i need to send them specific info.

4. spclst69

spclst69 Member

Herein lies the problem. PayPal never loses, either the seller winds up losing out or the buyer does. Insurance is an option, but not for us lovers of bullion.