NZ Mint Disney Coin - New Release - What is it?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by excalibur, Aug 19, 2014.

1. picturefun

picturefun Member

Please do NOT feel dealers like you are so special:lol:

This is from New Zealand Mint web site, EVERY single buyer who bought 6-coin set will be ABLE to get matching COAs for ALL 6 coins!

"- FREE Coin Display Stands
    - FREE Shipping Worldwide
    - Guaranteed Matching Certificate numbers, enhancing the value of these Collectors items."

http://www.nzmint.com/coins/shop-online/mickey-friends-2014-1-oz-silver-coin-series

2. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

My quote refers to the fact that not all dealers have opted to go with matching COA's as it is extra work for them to organize, etc.

3. kezza26

kezza26 Active Member Silver Stacker

i prefer the previous two Disney coins produced by NZ Mint. These six are not up my alley. Maybe in america, but not for me.

4. db23

db23 Member

These won't be as popular as the first 2 coins. I won't be surprised if they don't sell out for months and months if at all.

5. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Yup--these are crap, see you at $75! :D

6. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Seriously Goofy

7. Silver91

Silver91 Member

agree, glad i purchased the first 2 vintage ones!

can't blame them for trying, but i think they totally missed the mark with this one..anyone remember the yogi, scooby doo, tweety coins from the polish mint - same outcome i think

8. picturefun

picturefun Member

My point is that Buyers would be better off to buy from NZ Mint directly :)

9. lamp

lamp New Member

Was planning to collect the entire Disney series. Like the 1st 2 releases. However, have a feeling that NZ mint is desperately wanting to milk from this series just puts me off and that changes my mind.

10. Jcoin

Jcoin New Member

100%. It shits me to no end. The morons just totally have no understanding of the concept of watermarking and why/when you should be doing it.

11. db23

db23 Member

They are doing it for ADVERTISING. If their picture gets re-posted someplace else that they aren't active, it's very possible that someone who views it will google their website for more information.
    FYI - Provident Metals, Gainesville Coins & Power Coin all do it too, why not rag on them?

12. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Another type of Dr Who way of releasing coin. I give up.

13. gwako

gwako New Member

I don't usually watermark stock photos that are provided from the mint, but in the event the picture was not provided then I watermark.

In this specific example, the pictures of the individual coins was provided and I put the image together. I watermarked it because I don't want anyone stealing (it has happened a million times) and use it for themselves such as on eBay.

14. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

Well I sure hope they do sit for months and months cause there is sure no way I can afford the lot of 6 in one hit. I would love to, but I don't have piles of money waiting around for super premium coins. I love the whole, matching COA's but there is no way I can afford it.

And don't get me wrong. I love the series so much. The new coins are just as amazing. You got the classic and got the recent. A rep from NZ commented on this forum stating they will be going back to classics in 2015. I purchased the first two classics and understand the numismatic value, but come on, not all of us can afford 6 at once, NZ Mint!

I'm all for releasing them one each. I just think the mint was money hungry and wanted to make more money all at once then slow release each one, every month for the next 6 months. Cause they said they were planning on releasing more in that time frame.

Love the coins. Hate their release of it.

15. Wafdawg

Wafdawg Member

I just don't understand interrupting the series with this one. Who buys colored coins? These are awful. They sabotaged themselves.

16. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Everyone likes different things. I personally like some coloured coins. Disney collectors I know will definitely prefer coloured coins as they go for the images and not the "coin" itself. These are targeted at the Disney collectors and coin collectors who like coloured coins.

As others have mentioned. NZ Mint didn't provide an image with all 6 coins in one picture, as a result it wasn't really a stock image. Second, it spreads the "brand" so why not?

17. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Do like me [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1798_horsewoman.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]
    Nothing copied there. Everything from scratch. Took the photo myself, drawed that silver 'background' kilocoin myself. It's just some noob output, but it's something.
    Some people are too lazy to even just take a photo, no drawing needed at all, at most some resizing/cropping.
    Instead, they grab an existing picture somewhere.
    And alike that's still not enough, on top of that, they claim it as theirs.
    Gun smiley needed! :D