Please help if you can

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Oldsoul, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

As far as I know the Irish fraud squad are obliged to treat it seriously because it has an international dimension.

2. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Unfortunately you might be in for a rude awakening. Not sure how old you are. But the establishment are the highest form of criminals. They only reason why they investigate is because they hate competition and want to be seen as "the good guys". In reality they do whatever they please.

Go for it but please don't be naive when it comes to the establishment and when you think you can't trust them and they are believable, never do.

3. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

It's quite amazing that the Chinese wholesale counterfeit industry of US coinage has not been addressed by the US department of state.

Countries facilitating counterfeiting each others currencies outside times of war is not normal behaviour as it destabilises currency exchange.

Why does not some innovative US citizen start forging Yuan and selling them in bundles on Ebay with a microscopic mark saying it is a fun replica.

What's good for the goose should be good for the gander.

4. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

I think you miss the point.

A few silver coins that aren't used as currency isn't going to destabilize the exchanges.

So why do they let these forgeries in... because of what's been said.

Try to do it with paper currency... watch how fast you get put into jail!

5. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

I now you are probably correct but no harm in trying. The last major conviction in Ireland for counterfeiting was a left wing terrorist who was getting fake dollars from North Korea.

There is the vague hope that it will appeal to them as it will be a nice easy raid for them and an easy conviction with some PR potential for their unit.

'Counterfeit silver currency seized etc'

6. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Me. But I mean well so if you folks have a minute report some of that sellers items - it only takes a few click - they are obvious counterfeit currency and illegal.

No harm in trying

To save the cynics the bother here I am

[​IMG]
    Source:

7. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Thank you for the inks. I reported the items and the seller. And thank you for your efforts. Ebay did stop selling fake handbags, because of pressures from LV, Gucci, and other manufacturers. They will only stop selling fake coins and currency if there is enough pressure. Don't give up!

8. Fusion555

Fusion555 New Member

Thats all changed, wifey says its full of fake LV's again they did clean it up for a while but the fakes are back