Where is 75 $ silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by TreasureHunter, Apr 30, 2014.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Many stacked hoping it will top 50 $, prolly even hit 75 $.

Do you see that (75 $ silver) happening in the next 5 years? (until 2019)

If it goes very low, it will have to shoot up eventually. With all these crises around the World, I still feel were're going down to rock bottom only to climb high.

2. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I would say no chance.
    I can see high 30s as a very real possibility in that time-frame but we'll not get a repeat of 2011, any risk of doing so and people will remember how that year ended and bail.

It is going to take something mighty special and/or disheartening to get past $50.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well not in the near future is my guess.

Has reached a peak not long ago. Will take awhile to reach it again.

4. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

I can't even see it get out of the 20's USD in 5 years.

5. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it's a strange point in time, I think the buttons have already been pressed and the initiation sequence has begun.
    whatever will happen is happening right now, it may take a couple years to rear it's ugly head though.

Just like our prime minister is trying to do, pay off the national debt. that's the best bet for anyone in debt, pay it off asap.
    minimise risks, upgrade insurance, increase security, get some chooks, stockpile stuff and buy a good pair of shoes.

6. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

when ww3 breaks out, so email Putin for a date

7. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I don't see another major spike happening in the next 5 years it would take something very bad for that too happen. These silver peaks seem to have quite a bit of distants between them. 30s or 40s again maybe depending on whats going on. I personally don't feel things are getting better and its only a matter of time before the silver prices reflect that. How low can it get before it starts to pick up again is what I and everyone else probably wants to know:p

8. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

Well 5 years will give everybody that bought in 2011-2012 the chance to dollar cost average down and have one helluva stack. :lol:

9. hihosilveraway

hihosilveraway New Member

Having my house paid off, a reliable old car, safe neighborhood, and friends allows me not to worry when the price of silver will rise. It's all manipulated by JP Morgan wearing his naked shorts (whatever that means), so the price will rise during or after the next big world crisis. When exactly that happens is anybody's guess, but it will probably stem from the conflict over future pipelines in Syria and Iran. The Ukraine conflict seems to be a propaganda vehicle for both the USA to hate Putin and for Russia to stoke their imperial nationalism, but I doubt that it will trigger WWIII. Leave it to the Middle East to do that...

10. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I'm surprised everyone here is so pessimistic...

The arguments behind silver are strong enough...

Perhaps it's worth stacking for your elder years? Like: putting away for pension? (I read someone here on the forum actually inherited forum from his father and wants to leave it for his kids...)

Would you stack silver in order to sell after 20-30-40 years? (2035, 2045, 2055 - :) )

11. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

In some aspect this negativism is ridiculous.

What is it now?
    If you have regret,
    If you see no future,
    Why not just forget about silver?
    Get rid of it.
    Find some willing buyer (lower price to $15 or $7.5 if needed).
    Let the dollars at the bank so that it can manage it.
    Then continue saving that way.
    Or put it into something else, whatever you want.
    Or go on vacation and spend/consume it.
    Anything that puts a smiling smiley in a textballoon above your head.
    Go like you came.
    Problem solved.

Like it is now, it's like sitting on a bus with some passengers that don't want the destination and complain all day long.
    Come on.
    Driver please stop!
    Let them out!
    Bye folks!

It's not harder than this.

Address:
    [email protected]
    Stamp on it.
    Posted.

:D

12. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I feel silver going up is a game ,
    It's industrial use is real ,
    yet my money would be with INDUSTRY if they had to develop substitutes for silver .
    or the amount needed . Humans are just to crafty .
    Stacker's are annoyances to those that control the prices . For now ETF's & ways to get people
    to fork over money for AIR (silver) need silver nice and low .
    The percentages of investment type
    people comparatively Stacker's are small ,
    Yet now is the time for us to buy it ,
    have it , IN HAND - wile others play there game .
    I have found in conversations with people I meet no one yet decided to start stacking they seem interested but NOT ONE person has gone the way to stack from my enthusiasm.
    People want easy fast returns not a monster box for your future progeny

-------------------
    I paid as much as $42 per ounce when that was the commanding price , Now I relish in the lower price to help average out my over all stack .
    Stacking is different for all that do it ,
    I stack slow so I don't feel the pinch of purchase .
    & I can say it's a better investment then all the fast spent money on things ????
    Hey I seen as usual wife spent $250 on cloths for the kids and some for herself and sure life needs things of pleasure
    BUT I know for sure the true joy of those purchases will last a few wearings and then the clothing will find it's way in to the massive pile of clothes never worn again and finally off to good will .
    Silver purchased at $42 only lost 1/2 value I wish I had half value of all the STUPID money spent in the last 15 years
    & and that's how I see silver , I am greatfull I am inspired to buy it and save ,

Yet

I feel for who ever purchased a massive Stack, & put stress on there financial moment for the monster box , now waiting for the $$ return
    some day we all will be rewarded for diligence . Our reward might be profit or survival , But how can one ever regret having silver.

13. Pirocco

To speak for my case, when I bought silver in february 2011 when spot was $32, I was hoping that my move to the silver market would avoid another decade or more losing along a bank account.
    I didn't have any price, higher or lower, in mind, let alone hoping to see $50 a couple months after I bought. The only feeling I had when seeing it running up to there, was pity, for all those other stackers after me, that were bound to fail their goal due to it.
    In meantime, I joined them. And now I can feel pity for myself, and I do. But do you see me complaining? Instead, I educate myself, as to recognize where and who the risk is, to then monitor them, while attempting to give everything a place in a whole, as to understand them. Few days ago I let go a $18.8 buying opportunity. Because I saw reason to let it go. Using the methods I learnt, I concluded that the dip was, at least for the moment, over. And so was it. The same applies to higher prices. IF I see reasons to buy at $20 instead, I will do so. Why? Because it's better to buy at $20 than at $22. I will have done worser than at $18.8, but I will have done better than at $22.
    But now I don't see reasons. Sideways or lower, I will buy more, while aiming on the lower. But I won't rely on a duck served on a plate. If it flies slow enough, I'll shoot it. :D

14. Pirocco

You know what: I ceased to act according and even pay attention to all the worlds gloom and doom, special and disheartening stories out there. I've seen numerous passing the revenue. Each one followed by claims up or claims down, or both.
    Take for ex the 'shockwave' that that Cyprus story last year caused. And the 'shockwave' that the Quantitative Easings caused.
    What is left of it? Nothing? And why: because those stories are not what they seem to be. They are orchestrated scams ment to lure speculators into erroneous decisions.
    Instead, I will rely on monitoring data, and that includes what I see with my own eyes on the street / wherever. I don't believe anybody / any entity or organisation. But I still read their data / stories, and when I see reason to be reflecting reality, for ex by being indirectly confirmed with other data, I'll treat them as reality, and if needed, act accordingly. And that includes single day stories as well as stories than span years. A weak appearing trend spanning years can be as mighty as a trend spanning a day (black monday market etc) yet is often not recognized as such, resulting in those typical high red candlesticks on the charts. Take for ex current stock markets, recordlevels, above 2006-2007 peaks. Some here consider these levels as healthy, and good to start from. Well, that's what they all do, until that high red candlestick, where they suddenly don't anymore.

15. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Most stack because of a belief in the fundamentals. Many believe that the price is suppressed, more so through QE keeping stocks artificially high rather than day to day manipulation. The higher stock prices being a better alternative to silver makes it more vulnerable to manipulation, so I guess then that they they are hand in hand.

Should, or when, QE fails and stocks crash, and should silver be $75, I believe the economic environment would make it prohibitive to cash in your silver for fiat. Pay of debt, buy a home asset yes, but fiat, other than wine, women and song, no.

$75 silver would mean a knew paradigm. If gold went up in a similar rate, then it would be $5,000. That I would doubt which means the GSR would drop. If under 30, swapping to gold or not would be my only dilemma.

Finally, a sharp rise to $75, because of the SHTF, may create a world we do not want to live in.

16. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you're after spectacular immediate gains, maybe you should divest with your stack and invest your capital in another sector.

17. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

lol not a chance it will be lucky to hit mid $30's let alone $75

18. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mid $30's? Ya dreamin mate. It will be lucky to hit mid 20's.

19. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Who's after spectacular immediate gains? If so which other sector would you recommend? Do you have more insight into this other sector over silver?

20. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In order for people to think it is going to da moon, the prices have to be actively rising.

As the prices have recently dropped most people are speculating on how low it will go, hence there are more "sub$19", "Silver to hit $14", "What will you do if silver goes back to $6" type of threads.

When the price of silver is not going up or down we discuss religion, politics and racism, I say discuss...