SBSS - next round(s)...

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Stark, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Hello dear stackers! :)

Here is info about new SBSS coin called Argyraspides, which came out just few days/weeks after Sic Semper Tyrannis.

[​IMG]
    Source: http://www.silverdoctors.com/sbss-argyraspides-available-now-at-sdbullion/

As the world is on brink of self destruction accelerated by (m)ass(ive) debt and Fukushima nuclear disaster, new coins are being produced rapidly to help slower the chaos and anarchy which will follow. Coming up in next season of Walking Debt: Me, Myself and My Sawn-off-shotgun...... :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KpxcvFw_6o[/youtube]

2. Agnostic

Agnostic Active Member Silver Stacker

Another coin, this soon???

Hmmm I am undecided about whether to continue to patronise the SBSS franchise.

There can be too much of a good thing.

3. matt71

matt71 Member

agree..Seems he's milking it now! After all..he did start off as a car salesman

4. matt71

matt71 Member

Hey Stark..You are obviously one who gets it..Do you also have this overwhelming feeling your walking around in zombie land surrounded by brain dead zombies who have NO IDEA what's going on outside their FB page? I try and speak with people in general about the Fuku,econ. problems and just get complete blank looks..I live in a very beautiful area in Nth Qld where there's alot of tourists and it just seems like there is an overwhelming element of cognitive dissonance OR am I just a complete doomer and parnoid freak??

5. John lawrence

John lawrence New Member

Yep i got rid of all my SBSS rounds on ebay and now will only buy 2 oz and 5 oz rounds from Chris Duane. Now i can buy some more of one of my favourite coins from SGB, Much better in my opinion.

6. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And another random coin comes out.

7. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I liked the last design that came out, the release of this one is way to soon and I have to say I am not keen on the design.

8. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Exactly, way too quickly, although I do remember reading something saying there will be 30 rounds in the series

9. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

how many are there out already? including the members?
    debt and death
    trivum
    slave queen
    new years. 12/13
    freedom girl
    freedom girl double
    free reign
    your highness
    cannabis
    AG47
    warbird
    warbird bu / reverse proof
    sic semper tyannis
    trivum 5 oz
    freedom girl 2 oz
    i have also seen a warbird / cannabis bu. not sure about it thou.
    do all the different variations of D&D count?
    are there any that i have missed?
    it is getting a little bit tedious ...

10. Agnostic

Agnostic Active Member Silver Stacker

I think the release of this new round so soon has crossed a trip line in my brain.

The number of rounds to collect effectively doubles at least when the various proof variants are added in.

I was also planning to follow the Zombucks series, but have put that on hold now.

There is some effort required to keep track of the various releases and the expanding collections. Maybe that effort is a distraction from the fundamentals of the silver market. Or perhaps I am just not suited to the thrill of collecting versus the no-nonsense approach of bullion.

I think someone said a long time ago that all these collectables ultimately end up melted down into bullion?

Now I think I will adopt a back to basics strategy and focus on plain bars and common coins like koalas, eagles, maples etc.

Are the experienced stackers here smiling with wry amusement at my transition?

Cheers,

Agnostic

11. 10ozhound

10ozhound Active Member

Far from experienced but wise enough to know collectability for a unique item is far more valuable than collectability when used as a marketing tool.

12. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't mind the frequency. It is not like they are hard to track down or get hold of. I either get them off Maggie or get Gold Stackers to put one into mini allocation for me and I pick them all up once a year.

Nice to have a bit of variety and they are not massively more expensive than the other rounds I buy.

I must admit I haven't really stopped to examine any of them, I just see them on the website and chuck one in the basket while I do my other shopping.

Thanks to Maggie I haven't had to hit eBay or pay any exhorbitant prices to fill any gaps in the series and as long as I keep up by occassionally checking silver stackers I shouldn't fall behind.

I haven't bothered with any of the proofs, I rarely by proofs of 'proper' coins.

13. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

SBSS rounds used to attain good premiums due to sentiment from a number of factors (the most significant probably being that a significant portion of the stacker community finds Mr Duanes efforts worth supporting).

Those premiums can evaporate quickly if sentiment falls away and I think we are seeing some of this post Mulligan Mint blowout. I personally have never bought a SBSS item but that means nothing really...it's simply my personal choice. But, if I were one of the supporters of Mr Duane's silver products and I chose to discontinue support and you were to multiply that sentiment by hundreds of other stackers who were customers, that's when we might see the domino effect take place. I'm not hoping that, I have no vested interest either way, I'm just stating how value takes shape as a result of supply and demand forces.

14. matt71

matt71 Member

you pretty much nailed it IMO MMissinlink

15. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Which highlights the differences between people collecting a few of each to support a message or because they like the look of the rounds and speculators buying tubes of them hoping to make money off the first group.

If you have one, which you got when it first came out, and it drops a couple of dollars, you still have the coin, it still looks good and you are still helping Chris out and supporting private mints.

If you bought tubes of them hoping to double your money by slowly putting them out on the market at inflated prices then you will lose a couple of hundred dollars and more in lost predicted sales.

I have no problem with speculators looking to make some money but I can't listen to their whining when they have cornered as much of the market as they can and then can't shift them for vast amounts.

16. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

what's in the name? silver bullets and silver shield

Argyraspides is one of them, bu will do. may be 1-2 oz

proof are just too much to be paying for $.

we have just hit 10 or one third, many interest have been lost.

it would be good if the sbss price are similar to zombucks, bu prices. :) whichever is lower

17. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

I ordered some this morning due to members who continue to collect them.
    I have noticed people aren't racing to get the series like they have in the past.

18. matt71

matt71 Member

the way he's churnng them out I'm not surprized...as well as every other man and his dog releasing their own rounds..bit of over kill right now as well as sentiment low on silver..!

19. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Pffft....Maggie can I please have 2 1oz bu :)

20. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

love is lost :lol: