Population Sustainability

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by PrettyPrettyShinyShiny, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Why are you asking me this?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I believe in God... I don't belong to any particular religion.

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In my view, there seems to be a relationship with religion, which makes it's ok to keep populating, in the name of The Lord, God or Jesus.

I believe, our world has finite resources and...it's about time, religious folk, question the "Book" written by Man to control man-kind.

4. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Personally i like the bit in that "Book" where Jesus lost his temper and threw out the "money changers"

5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

there are so much water in the sea, and we have not make use of any meaningful amount of that water.

how much have the people done for gold/silver prospecting? only a handful has a metal detector :lol:

the possibility are limitless, enjoy it!

6. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsXera-BDpw[/youtube]

7. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

Haha, saaid thanks instead of pressing quote! That is for free then!!

Mate, every single person i have ever met who pokes fun at THE BOOK has never even read it. And by read it i mean, pick it up, read it, read it some more and keep reading it. Cover to cover stuff. Not just read a few lines on one page and go "hey this is really causing me to question my own life... Shit i better put it down and i will just say its all crap!"

Hahahahah. Most people who bag the Bible are too ashamed to say they CAN'T READ IT OR WON'T READ IT, so they just bag it.

Food for thought....

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Really ? :lol:

9. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ +1. Anyone who says that hasn't actually read them.

10. systematic

Reading the Bible doesnt make me any more of a Christian than standing in a garage makes me a mechanic. There is a lot more to it than reading it and prosletyzing about it. It takes a lot of true inner contemplation to really understand the message.

The most so called "religious" and "spiritual" persons i know of pervert it for their own gain, usually to screw around because they can't control their sexual urges and impulses (all in God's name of course).

Matthew 7:13-14
    New International Version (NIV)

The Narrow and Wide Gates
    13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it".

BIBLE - Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

11. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Give it a break.

Keep your religious views to yourselves.

I've got 20 plus bibles at home, it doesn't make me virtuous, just a bible stacker.

12. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

There was an interview on ABC News radio this afternoon, Malthus ideas were some that were discussed. Unfortunately i missed most as I'm at work, the bloke being interviewed liked malthus' ideas but said he was wrong on 2 points.

Humans are now at the only time in history are actually choosing to limit their population rate, irrespective of access to birth control (it's probably more to do with economics maybe), families around the world are getting smaller by choice and he estimates that the world's population will peak in the next 30 or 40 years and then decline.

I can't remember the second point he made regarding Malthus.

13. systematic

Arithmetic, Population, and Energy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vII-GxsrR2c[/youtube]

14. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Couldnt find what you were looking for in the first one ?

15. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just a short arse, need to stand on some books to reach the top shelf.

16. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting thread, Malthus and Malthusians have been proven wrong time and again. The population of the largest economies if immigration is removed have been shrinking and even Australia itself once immigration is removed has come to a level where we are not even replacing the population by breeding. All of our recent growth has come from immigration.

Population growth worldwide was predicted to peak in the 2050's but even this is now under question due to the unforeseen levels of immigration from developing and third world country's to those already economically strong.

The proxy replacement of 1st world country's birth rates via immigration has curbed the growth of expected population in developing and third world country's and also as such people improve their personal economic levels they cease to reproduce as they would be expected to do within their home countries.

Population growth if anything comes from an expectation that X amount of children would die in a given time frame and rather than coming from an increase in income and/or increase of production of goods, it actually arises from a need of labour to sustain a family in a third world environment.

The increased availability of healthcare, transport, nutrition, sanitation, and information is as it was in the western economy's has given rise to a sustained survival of offspring in less developed community's.

Infant survival and life expectation has increased, The need for more children to work a farm or sustain oneself in old age has decreased in the last twenty years.

The new problem is now how to support an aging population. There is a whole new generation that wants more than working a rice paddy or feeding a goat for life, they see a world out there on telly or on a new phone and they wont breed till they are over thirty as the new normal.

The future is not X amount of people it is a cessation of the exponential growth and how to provide for an overwhelming population of non productive old farts.

The future is aging and immigrating, as stated above Australia's population would be shrinking if not for immigration.

Bang in a whole host of cultural, economic, religious, geopolitical and legal problems, along with a trend for politically induced systemic reliability to live well for everyone on top of those everyday problems and you have a recipe for some unmitigated disasters.

For some in this country, you are better off relying on handouts than working. For the aged tho it is another story, their only option is what it is, there is no promise of a future .

17. Simba

Simba Member

I am skeptic! I am interested in the posts that talk about that book called the Bible as I have investigated it's claims.

The evaluation of 'pi' from within Genesis 1:1
    Here is the essential calculation:

http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364

The evaluation of 'e' from within John 1:1
    Here is the essential calculation:

http://homepage.virgin.net/vernon.jenkins/e_valuation.htm

http://homepage.virgin.net/vernon.jenkins/First_Princs.htm#Part3

The fact that mathematical constants are encoded within the first verse of the Old Testament and New Testament is highly interesting.

There are numerous evidences of Divine intervention in history. Is anyone interested?

18. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Probably not in this thread Simba, you could try a new thread in General Discussion but you have to be a subscribing member to the forum to do so. It may meet with howls of skepticism mind you, though I'm sure you've faced that before :)

19. hussman

hussman Member

Good thing you bought the Bible and not the Quran, Because theres only 1 version of the Quran and multiple versions of the Bible. But you figured that out already.