Sleep ?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by southerncross, Feb 4, 2013.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Being here on and off for a little while and having a wildly swinging sleep program/normality due to various reasons . I am curious to know what the average actual sleep time is for fellow stackers.

Mine is about 4-5 hrs an awake period, it can vary but that is my average sound sleep time.

Yours?

2. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

have you tried melatonin?

3. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

I have a problem changing state. When I am awake I want to stay awake for a very long time and when I am asleep the same also. Although 12 hours is a very long sleep but 24 hours awake is easy.

4. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

have about 7 or 8 hours. wake up at 5.30 weekdays, though my bodyclock wakes me up 6 or 6.30ish weekends no matter what time i went to bed. :(

5. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My work pattern is constant.

Did a late shift once a week which screwed me for the next morning.

No more late shift, but had to get a doctor cert. to get out from it.

Most nights in bed with book by 9pm. Will get good sleep if I turn off yellow glow light.

The colour of your light globes IS important.

Awake around 5am, but do not need to S&S&S before 5.30.

Will wake the same time on weekends, but just roll over shut eyes for a few hours.

Regular sleep pattern & amount of hours IS VERY important.

6. Mintaka

Mintaka Active Member

I go to bed at 9 pm and wake at 3 am. That is six hours. If I wake up during the night, I cannot get back to sleep. I used to sleep 9 hours - bed at 10 pm and wake at 7 am, but not now that I am on down slope of 50

7. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Usual sleep is 0900 nod off wake around 16-1700 so all in all a good "day's" sleep lol. Usually manage to sleep easily through the day but if it's really hot I'll wake up.

8. Dellers

Dellers Member Silver Stacker

Melatonin will work IF you get the good stuff with a script from the doc, it costs about 50 fiat a month. The OTC stuff from the chemist probably won't do too much.

If you want a cheaper and easier solution, take phenergan (start with 10mg if that don't work move to 25 mg) take one before bed same time every night for a week, your body should be in rhythm by one week.
    Get the phenergan from chemist OTC, if they ask say you have allergies. Phenergan/allersoothe generic won't affect any other common medications you maybe on, for example anti-depressants. If you feel a little foggy or groggy next morning and a cup of coffee doesn't improve your mental clarity, use a smaller dose of the phenergan.

Ps don't forget eating well, bit o'exercise etc will go a long way to improving sleep. Avoid booze too if u can. :)

9. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

you need to get some exersice. go for a brisk walk, jig or swim & I'll guarantee you a good night's sleep.

10. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

I purchased Melatonin in a blue bottle online, cheap as chips & the results are pretty amazing deep sleep all the way thru. Be aware if you exceed the stated dose you will experience nightmares. I investigated & the reason is linked to child age levels of the hormone hence young children experience more bad dreams than adults. The anti cancer longevity claims are also interesting.

11. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Melatonin is prescription only in Australia, the stuff they sell OTC is homeopathic. If you want the real thing you need a script from the doctor and take it to a compounding pharmacist who will make it up for you. It is available OTC in the US and Canada, AFAIK customs doesn't seem to mind it being imported so I presume that it is probably legal to buy a bottle from the net overseas but best to check.

12. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

8.5 hours a night. If I'm exercising hard, 9 hours.

13. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

same with me i need 4 hours to function the next day but usually get about 5ish

14. Byron

Byron Guest

Can you elaborate on why the colour of the lightglobe is important? SOunds interesting.

15. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

16. finchy

finchy New Member

I used to have bad sleeping patterns & would wake up @ exactly 3 every morning.
    Then i would try my best to get back to sleep & would get another half a hour or 45 mins then it was time to go to work.
    It was hell.

Now i sleep when i want & try & usually get 8-9 hours a night
    And try & have a nanna nap after work for 30mins.

I dont know how i broke the cycle but im positive that being physically active has a major influence.
    I bike ride alot - ive since bought one of those bike trainers you hook a bike up to.These are great if you dont feel its safe riding on roads or around dodgy neighbourhoods.
    I also do stand up paddle boarding/surfing,this i do pretty much every weekend + once during the week.
    Every other day i have free ill do body weight exercises planks,chair dips,burpees,pullups,ab wheel,mountain climber,squats,etc followed by 20mins on the bike.

I personally hate gyms & their crap music,i found working out at home is better.And you dont have to spend a fortune on equipment to,ab wheel/roller 15$ , pull up bar expandable $15-30 + you can make your own weights out of cement,just improvise you can even use a local park/playground as a workout station.

I have a mate i surf with & he cant sleep till 2 in the morning & wakes up at 10am.
    It affects his whole life hes tried everything but cant fix it .. He did try Kava though & had a bit of success with it.
    Its made from a root and fijians love it,it make your mouth numb :)

17. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

I understand the melatonin is linked to your sleep cycle by being produced only while sleeping in darkness. That it is produced by the Pineal Gland, cleans up the free radicals floating around your system (acts as an anti-oxydant) and stimulates the cell rejuvenation process.

Therefore, stuff that screws with your Pineal Gland, sleep patterns, or periods of darkness are seriously not good.

18. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

I must have the worst sleep pattern here on SS..Go to bed anytime from midnight to 4am.

Though lately, I have been retiring early around 1am.

I notice SC up late some nights.

Regards Errol 43

19. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

20. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

From Vinci... :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTg2nHZEHQ[/youtube]