Have we wasted our money on silver and just bought gold?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by TeaPot&ChopSticks, Jun 7, 2012.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here's an interesting brief article on the gold/silver ratio. Some gold seems a good idea, because who can tell how long the price of silver will stay irrational compared to gold? The thing is, to my thinking, gold will still pull silver up with it, even if the ratio worsens. You won't find a situation where silver persists in going down as gold goes up imo, and gold will go up, again imo.

324 Years Of The Gold-To-Silver Ratio And $195 Silver
    March 9, 2012

http://seekingalpha.com/article/422081-324-years-of-the-gold-to-silver-ratio-and-195-silver

2. damien192x

damien192x New Member

You listen to Alex Jones? Why exactly? This guy is a fat paranoid looney. He makes a living scaring the hell out of average Americans and scares them into buying hybrid seeds and other BS like that at insane markups!

Doesn't matter what anybody is doing or what their intentions are.. They're out to get Alex and start a new "world order" what a load of doomsday garbage. After the Europe sharing arrangements went to shit do you honestly believe it will go global??

He thinks 9/11 is an inside job FFS. Do yourself a favor and unsubscribe from this paranoid moron

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

The fluoride is strong in this one :D

4. Galactus

Galactus New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm1yi-mXKI8[/youtube]

5. hussman

hussman Member

Yes, I think its perfectly logical that two aeroplanes can bring down 3 buildings.

My math good.

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Other than having coins and jewellery made out of both gold and silver I don't see much crossover between the two metals. They both have widely different uses from industrial to investment and they are more different than alike.

If there was any real connection then the ratio would be fairly constant and the charts would look the same.

I am fairly sure you could find a ratio between any two items that have been traded for years.

Whereas it would be nice to think that if gold went to the moon silver would follow I can't see any reason that it would.

The 'fact' that the historical ratio, often touted as 15:1, is so way out now should show that there is not much connection beyond the one we try to shoehorn into our own world view, beliefs and desires.

Rich people buy gold, I buy silver.

I am speculating on silver rising in value in order to make me wealthy.

The rich are speculating on gold holding its value so they can stay wealthy.

Horses for courses.

7. hussman

hussman Member

Silver will be going to 7:1. Trust me im an expert. No seriously, it will be going to 7:1. Only a matter of time ;)

8. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And why are you stacking than :rolleyes:
    Been drinking that coolaid for tooooooo long I think ;)

9. MetalMajix

MetalMajix Member

The question may actually be ...
    Have I wasted my money stacking gold instead of silver?
    Or, could will I get more bang for my bucks buying silver than gold?

Silver Price Forecast: Silver Could Preserve More Value Than Gold

In my opinion, silver bullion presents the better opportunity, when compared to gold. Silver bullion is still trading much lower than its 1980 high, and also at relatively historic lows against gold.

http://hubertmoolman.wordpress.com/...t-silver-could-preserve-more-value-than-gold/

10. damien192x

damien192x New Member

Because when people get poorer they're going to want to know why. No matter what search query they put into google it's always going to come back to one of these doomsday idiots who parrot on about how gold and silver is the answer and saviour to everything. It therefore will be, but only for everyone who buys it before the uneducated general public run in, which they will.

The fundamentals are sound but the emotional stampede in Is why I've bought. There are literally hundreds of fear mongering alarmists all over the internet scaring people into buying these assets. Trick is to sell your metal for land and tangible assets when the desperate ones run in.

If you want to get rich you provide value, not buy a lump of stupid metal!! Lol

11. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

I reckon we would be better stacking Unobtainium from the planet Pandora, failing that, Uranium, as the world depletes its fossil fuels and we need to generate more electricity.

12. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

Underlined part - doesn't that prove that silver doesn't preserve value very well?

It's a funny argument.