DOOM & GLOOM...SILVER IS CRASHING...ETC. ETC. ETC.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by GodmadeGold, May 5, 2012.

1. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Maybe if you take a 1,000 year timespan :)

[​IMG]

Not this period, but hey, that is the reason we're stacking isnt it. Because it HASN'T maintained its value (and is thus undervalued).

2. GodmadeGold

GodmadeGold New Member

My dad purchased silver in 1968 and cashed it out in the 80's for equal purchasing power.

He purchased silver again in the late 80's and cashed out again when silver was around 44/oz

So this 1000 year stuff you speak of is...........Well..........It's BS

3. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

I would definitely not be stacking US dollars because everyone knows they will loose value due to the massive USA national debt. As the presses print even more billions, the unit is devalued.
    You cannot print gold & silver and mining is getting more expensive so intrinsically the value of PMs should rise. As more people in Asia, and BRIC countries become wealthier they will see PMs as worth holding so market fluctuations should open good buying opportunities with a trend upwards.

4. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You cant look at recent history to predict the future as we have not experienced current debt levels for quite some time. There was real growth in the 60's and even in the 80s there was some growth. Now growth is an index of manipulation in measurements. There is no growth in Western economies they are contracting. Growth today = Money printing. You need to look back further. I don't know what silver will be in 10 years time but I can guarantee the $ will buy you less of almost everything. Which is the best protection against this purchasing loss ? You figure ?

5. Macros_The_Black

Macros_The_Black Member Silver Stacker

Couldn't have said it better!

Where looking back is helpful is in trying to understand what we tend to do as wealth protection at any time of "decline". I was never good at history (nor did I like it at all at school), so am at a disadvantage to many well-read folks here. I do think we can draw lessons from it, but I really don't think one can ever say from using one statistic only that we could predict the future - we need to take into account social/cultural/industrial changes and Ronnie666 is right - the way financial transactions work today compared to 100 years ago is equivalent to its own industrial revolution (with its own pros and cons).

I also don't buy the "GSR should move to its historical value and also be equivalent to its below ground ratios" ... why? Why wouldn't it stay at 40 for the next 20 years? Can anyone advance an argument that could support this?

What does often concern me is "how long" before push comes to shove and the can stops being kicked - if you look at the reign and subsequent decline of the Roman Empire for example, we might have a long way to go ... "they" might be able to juggle this for a long time.

Nevertheless, as is again stated above:

So ... I'm still stacking!! (And keeping a close eye on asset cycles)

6. GodmadeGold

GodmadeGold New Member

Silver goes down because the mass majority of society are sheep........??? They think the dollar is something special ( feel free to substitute your fiat currency name in the place of the word dollar )