Getting A job in a Gold or Silver mine?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by BootyBandit, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Silverbullet08

Silverbullet08 New Member

The construction industry is far surpassing the mining industry.... The amount of LNG works going ahead, Gorgon, Onslow, Gladstone, and more... And if a resession was to hit.... Apart from gold mines, LNG will always go ahead,
    Asian lands will always have the money for basic needs like gas to heat and cook for there homes.
    What better time to be a construction boilermaker\pipefitter ;-) yewwwo

2. overdraft3

overdraft3 New Member

I will be looking for work shortly also hopefully by the end of March once the family law dramas are surpassed. 51 years old. Lives in Perth. Drug free. Good refs. Life time in the racket Bp oil, Alcoa, basically the whole Kwinana strip thereof. Rarely spits the dummy or done a runner no matter the WT! job is. Oh yeah I mean stable understanding of duty of care. For what it is worth very very honest and or in essence crime free.

Hoo Har includes Scaffolding advanced SA, Doggy DG, Riggers advanced RA, Crane CV/CN/C6 or thereto 60 tons. Forklift LF . Elevated work platform WP, Hoist HP . Licensed to perform high risk work. Certs Advanced asbestos removal, Manual handling, Chems in the workplace, safe work on roofs, Hazardous materials, Respiratory air, Hearing conservation, Safe instillation of static lines, Electrical awareness, Working at heights ( national accreditation ), White card . Advanced communication skills and the odd etc.

Done everything to do with maintenance and construction basically. Have run crews and shutdowns, with an impeccable safety record , gets along well with peeps. Never been out of work before so gosh need to prepare one of these new fang dangled resumes. Only pulls a sickie on my birthday/ little absenteeism. Been cracking between 1500 and 3500 a week net and looking to crack around 2000+ tho a good swing trade off re money is desirable. Night shift would be a dream, FIFO to Singapore and I might achieve orgasm. Safety conscious/ efficient/ productive yada yada yada yeah I was once a Jedi knight.

Hobbies include ...coin collecting, prefers decimal. Numismatics, Prospecting, Bird watching. . Never known to knock back a fishing trip tho I only pay for beer and gasoline. Arguing with Friend of Another or Aristotle lol .

Just tentatively looking outside my own purple circle of mates in FB. Any tip offs please pm me with a contact number or if there are any questions gents please pm me ; Cheers.