MASSIVE SILVER RAID FAILS! Yahoo!!!! 102.5M oz of phys!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by VRS, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

British police have finally released footage of the infamous Andrew McGuire car incident, where hired JPM thugs attempted to take his life.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgUxGD65k1A[/youtube]

OK damnit. Video not working. So you get a screen-shot of the intense action that took place in central London.

PS: In case it wasn't clear, that is Andrew's car in front. The front of his car was violently smashed off less than a minute earlier.

PPS: Andrew is driving a V6, and the thugs are in a souped up V12.

2. overdraft3

overdraft3 New Member

twas a netdania comp glitch peeps, nothing of the sort as far as I know. Its been discussed at length in turdville

3. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wasn't it near options expiry?

Slam

4. silvstack

silvstack Member

i don't understand all this but first saw brotherjohn's presentation and i agree with what seems to be what i think is his evaluation that it was a coordinated changing of hands - because the buying activity was there to gobble up the entirety of a vast quantity of dumped contracts in real time. it does not seem that some entity, like asia, was there to evaluate the scenario and then go all-in, because there might then be some delay and because any not coordinated entity might not be prepared for such a huge volume. again, i'm talking way beyond my understanding, but this does seem to be coordinated. it might not even have aimed to drive down price because the buying back could have waited a minute, right? it was supposed to be undetected, but doc flagged it. also, doesn't this reflect something blatantly illegal somewhere? shouldn't some enforcement agency be on this? wait ... there's someone pounding on my door ...

5. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Couldn't find the appropriate thread so this one will have to do.............

I'm not a big one for relying solely on charting. Fundamentals plus charting = the most wise of dubious decision making on my part. :)

Just had my daily look at kitco. Noticed that for the first time since Sept 11 that the silver spot price crossed back over the 200 day moving average. Not sure if the sky will drop in (or how much relevance this has when physical silver prices are contaminated by paper silver sh#t prices), but it does appear to be something a bit out of the norm. So best I sacrifice something before my silver bullion alter for more of the same.

6. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Thats not a raid ... THIS is a raid ..... especially after 7:55 seconds

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jUzigCDavU[/youtube]

7. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Who was the 'buyer'?
    Easy, it is the Rothschilds (hunch). After all, 'they' own the HKMEx.

8. silvstack

silvstack Member

brother john suggested it was essentially one cartel buying it up from another cartel - that makes more sense then the notion of the silver raid failing. because a silver raid would more random consequences, not such a clean chart (again, i disclaim, i'm out of my league, i don't understand such things). such as the volume of the raid sell might not quite match the volume of the buy, or that it would still significantly affect the price one way or the other. perhaps it did and the nature of charting is to present such clean data and that i simply don't recognize the aftermath of a raid. but it looks very controlled.

further, it it was indeed a failure it would be a great sign of silver emerging from some degree of control, right?

but if it is a negotiated transfer between cartels it is all just more of the same. and if it is some sort of negotiated transaction it doesn't really matter who that other party is, they probably share the same pockets regardless. perhaps it paper is being transferred to the party who will ultimately take the fall.

9. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'll wager that no 'Physical' changed hands....Null Deal!!! :rolleyes:

10. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Other sources say that it was Carlos Slim (the world's richest man) carrying out a hostile raid in retribution for a silver mining business deal gone sour. Here's a CNBC clip about some of his earlier, documented action in 2011.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42904523/Carlos_Slim_Actively_Selling_Silver_Futures_Spokesperson

Brother John needs to recognize that Carlos will take no prisoners, and he will act as and when he sees fit in the silver market. Remember Plato's allegory of the Cave? Has anyone tried to interpret these numbers according to the Fibonacci series? It may provide clues.

11. silvstack

silvstack Member

but these were sold and correspondingly bought within ten minutes.

if some tycoon who was not part of a cartel-to-cartel deal wanted silver they would just have been purchasing and not particularly waiting for this moment, and even if a tycoon was waiting for huge volumes to signal a raid which he would then buy up whatever the price, the volume here might have taken them off-guard, or he might have waiting a few minutes for the price to drop correspondingly, or at least it would have taken more than a few more minutes to buy it all up. doesn't it seem it all happened in practically the blink of any eye, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. it's just that i don't see this as a surprise to the party selling, it seems coordinated. perhaps some cayman island corporation operated by jpmorgan agreed to take some bad paper off jp morgan's books before the cayman island corporation dissolves.

and yes, i don't know about the players but brother john's warnings about not knowing who and what we're up against is always worth considering.

12. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Ever heard of Quint Tatro's book "Trade the Trader"? This explains why guys who trade on technicals are easy prey for another more sophisticated type of trader, who watches those who trade according to technicals, he knows what they will buy/sell and when, and then acts to milk them dry. Meanwhile the uneducated trader is unpredictable and cannot be traded against in a similar manner.

Carlos is one of the world's smartest guys, and knows that his actions must not be seen to be the act of a single man, but rather of competing cartels, in order to throw people off the trail. He didn't get rich by being predictable to others.

As for your Cayman Island comment, I agree, and suspect this is a Cayman Island operation. Carlos has operated from there sometimes.

PS: adze67 - could you also tag a "Thank You" against this comment. Thanks again :)

13. silvstack

silvstack Member

i really need to read something on this - but the most beginner's sort of material would be best. though beginner's economics, or intro to the stock market before futures. yet, here we all are.

although you pose it as hostile, whoever bought this did so to lend a helping hand to whoever wanted to transfer this, and not to thwart the raid. whoever bought this could have waited another minute to save millions. remember,

and in the US$35/oz range that means someone had $3,587,500,000 in cash and margin or some other security they could sell immediately - maybe some sleuth can follow-up on who sold oil for silver! - to cover that. surely all that silver dumped into the market could have driven down the price of silver by a quarter or half us dollar at least, so for a hundred million ounces it would be worth it for a tycoon to wait a minute, maybe even five.

note that only because silverdoctor identified the event on his seismograph were we alerted that we slept through an earthquake.

14. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

... For a silver dump that big on the market to get taken up that smoothly ... it had to be well coordinated.

If it was about opportunistic buy, surely they would have sat back for 10 minutes and saved a heap of $$$$ on their purchase

Ever think that someone might be taking advantage of a required transfer to lull the public into a false sense of security - give us a warm fuzzy feeling that we might have a chance of a free market .. then bam .. TAKE-DOWN.

Don't forget people .. this is all about wealth transfer .. from the average battler into the corporations greedy mitts.

Wouldnt surprise me in the least .. the 26th Feb was being way too widely advertised.

15. silvstack

silvstack Member

how might this relate to options expiry?

16. silvercomments

silvercomments New Member

I DO NOT CONFIRM THAT.

In my platform (Thinkorswim from TD Ameritrade) the SI futures 1 minute graph doesn't look like the volume was there at all.
    Check the data feed and tell me if you see the same action in your platforms - because that may be a hoax.
    In my platform at exactly the given time I had an uptick and almost no volume at all.
    Regards.

17. silvstack

silvstack Member

18. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

Reading about the perth mint reliability, there are more crooks in WA than in Canberra.( in my humble opinion) But the mint is a shining light of purity in a den of thieves. A place to go and meditate when you're disullusioned with the world, I can't imagine they'd gip anyone.

19. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I think everyone was waiting for a smackdown and was thus expecting it. When It came someone very cashed up was on the other end ready.... OR data anomaly, but if there is anything worse then some fanboi screaming "Manipulation" every 5 seconds it's the monotonous regularity of data anomalies

20. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

It was an error, no doubt in my mind, bit strange that there are people who think this actually happened. Netdania charts are not reliable.
    Find evidence on another chart (preferably one you have to pay to use) and then get back to me.

You guys are so desperate for proof of manipulation that you eat up anything the permabulls will spew out, newsflash: it's normally complete BS.
    How about doing some of your own research? or at least make sure events actually happened before posting...