Where is Mike Maloney?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Nukz, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Just thought i would pose this question as he did say he would be updating people on when to sell. He has either missed the boat bigtime and gone into hiding or still does not believe this is over.

Regardless he has gone quiet, you would think silver's #1 sales person would be coming out cheer-leading the charge back in.

2. Prior

Prior Member Silver Stacker

You actually believe the bloke?

I never place faith in one person's opinion. He make's good points but dont forget he is a sales person trying to make money.

3. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

*hiding*

4. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

Meh, he'll probably charge back in with another video once the price goes back over the 40's.

Remember he's a vendor, he doesn't want people buying in the dips or he loses. PM volumes are insignificant compared to paper volumes so it doesn't matter that he's not telling his thousands of fan boys to buy right now, the paper will push it up for him first.

5. Nukz

Nukz New Member

If you see my posts i'm a pretty strong critic :) i did refer to him as silver's #1 sales person hehe

I think there should be some sort of accountability, also i would love to see if Maloney has been a buyer or seller of recent.

6. bankaiblade

bankaiblade Member

7. BBQ

BBQ Member

I trust him, even though he has a vested interest in what he believes in :)
    This isn't close to the time to sell. You'll pretty much know when it is; Bob & Jane from down the street will be into silver and the mass media will be saying to really go head-first into buying :)

8. silversurfer2010

silversurfer2010 New Member

Mike is in the mountains writing his new book at the moment. I spoke to him today about other stuff, we didn't even mention the price action this week. It is just business as usual. Yes, Christian is doing the regular updates for the moment while we are all working on larger projects. Watch the video we made on the last dip if you need reassurance of his opinion ('silver shakeout'), nothing has changed. And for whoever it was who said it's not in Mike's interest to have people buy on the dips...the only dip is you. Later.

9. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

He's quiet while he writes his new book accoring to the latest video update.

I think considering his following he should have come out with a video explaing what he thought of the current situation but i'm not losing sleep over what he does/doesn't do.

It's always the same crap isn't it? buy, it's going to the moon.

10. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Indeed. He makes money selling Gold & Silver. You wouldn't expect a hotdog salesman to tell people how bad for one's health they are.
    I try not to put too much stock in what people who are hurt by investors in PMs and those that make their living selling them.

11. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Lol subscriber beware.

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Nothing wrong with that. What's important is WHAT HE DOES WITH THAT MONEY ...

he puts it back into his own stack... which is putting his money where his mouth is

13. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

I hear ya, but to date, his accountant has refused my request for an audit of his books, so I guess I'll just take your word for it.

14. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol! I can't say i blame him mate - nobody in his right mind would allow such a thing.

no reason to doubt his word in this regard.

15. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Sorry, maybe sarcasm wasn't the best way to say; I'm a skeptic and I don't believe anyone at face value when they make statements that are self-serving. Now, that doesn't mean I think they're lying, I just don't think to myself "Oh, well then if he/she said it, it must be true"
    I personally like the dude, but as I said, I'm a skeptic by nature...I know, it does suck, believe me, lol, so I take everything with a grain of salt +10

16. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I hear exactly what you're saying ...

I just think that given the passion and knowledge he has on the subject - as can be seen by reading his book - i tend to believe him when he says he reinvests his money back into physical PMs...

17. Perak

Perak New Member

Based his words on facts, cross check it with everyone else like Dave Morgan, Chris Materson, Eric Sprott, GATA, Jim Rogers, Max Keiser (Just for fun hahaha), Marc Faber (Nostradamus 2) and alot more of other books/material/forums.

If you read Maloney's book, more then half the book is based on research, historical facts, economics-feels like chewing on a dryboard at my first reading. He advocates owning precious metals, not necessarily from his goldsilver.com site

Most of the underlining facts are the same, and the only big fights probably falls on Keynesian vs Austrian. Hate his guts or not, he's reaching out to many who might have been ignorant till now.

:D Hate his guts once, go buy 1 silver ounce, hate him twice, buy 2 more..... :D

18. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Maloney is currently being burried alive in a pile of corn chips, as it's the cool thing to do these days. o_O

19. Ernster

Ernster New Member

To be fair I have never seen anyone who is so passionate about Silver investing. I believe its genuine enthusiasm and he has done a tonne of research on the subject.

And as baron said, I'm sure Mike will only tell you to sell when we are in phase 3. But I wouldnt blindly be waiting for Mikes word on when to sell. God gave you your own brain for a reason.

20. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

Now that's ironic! An American SS confusing an Australian SS using sarcasm! Wow! I thought the Yanks didn't understand sarcasm. Nice work...