Buying the next dip

Discussion in 'Silver' started by CriticalSilver, Sep 11, 2011.

1. jedichampion

jedichampion New Member

i see that you guys are expecting another big dip but around when do you guys think it will happend if it happens?next 2 weeks or next month?

2. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I think you should start researching, researching, researching and when you finish that research repeat the process again and when you do that perhaps we can ask you " i see that you are expecting another big dip/rise but around when do you think it will happen?next 2 weeks or next month?"

You may have heard the story about " throwing a dart at a dart board " :p there's your answer :cool: You'll hear a million different replies on this forum/youtube and other sources and I'm sure one will be right but picking the right answer is the challenge :p:cool:

If only I had a crystal ball :lol:

3. Recent

Recent New Member

Silver has been in a dip for decades....hahaha

4. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, don't you wish you went all in around 2001!

Instead, all most of us can do now is try and ride this young bull market.

5. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Gino I am praying for another dip and I am talking GFC dip lol. Will beg borrow and steal if it happens because it may just be the last big one.

6. CriticalSilver

At what POS will you go in hard?

7. pixha

pixha Member

I agree that this is the dip

8. Lovey80

Sub $20 and will keep buying like a junkie until it corrects back up to current prices or I am thrown in the clink for armed robery.

9. CriticalSilver

:) at sub $20 there will be no metal left!

We are into the A$38's today...hold...hold...wait until you see the whites of their eyes.

10. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is anyone fluent in charting, game enough to predict a reasonable bottom to the "dip"? Reasonable being the operative word. Rationale?

11. nicwinner

nicwinner Active Member Silver Stacker

mark this topic, as my thinking i'd like repurchase some when it drop to 32-33

12. Lovey80

I know my sub $20 silver may seem like a fantasy but I'll explain my rationale for it.

Taking 2008 as a good example. We watched the price of everything plummet. The big money was scared out of everything. That's the important thing in this IMO. So much leverage is used in all of these financial products wether they be MBS straight shares on long or short bets, real-estate, bonds - the lot. When the next crisis hit..... And it will..... Absolutely nothing has been fixed since then.... And I would argue things have got far worse as the major governments of this world have got themselves up to the eyeballs in debt also so their ability to intervene has been diminished so badly at this point.

And citizens world over at this point are much more informed about what this money printing is doing to them. Meaning 'action' by governments will be very slow moving as politicians position themselves to seem to be taking the best interests of their constituents. Take Germany's ruling, their parliament must approve further bailouts, with the heat on this may take time to approve (ala US debt ceiling debacle). So in this time I think that the prices of all assets will plummet. We may even see worse than 2008 silver and gold prices.

But in the end these idiots will have one of two choices. The right one being let the banks and anyone else that mal invested go broke and start from scratch or massive intervention........it will only take a couple to take the second option because if it's just the US, China and Britain doing it everyone else's currency will become so much more valued (notice I didn't say over valued) to the rest of them that it will halt exports very quickly.

So my bet is on QE turbo charged and then that will be the rocket that sends PM on it's final phase before FIAT collapses and the can has been kicked into a dead end street.

So my call is, if silver is plummeting towards $30 it may have a long way to go from there before bottom, but from there it will be a bull run of biblical proportions.

13. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I think any figure in the 30s would be a good buy.
    Sub $20 is a fantasy, I even think sub $30 is unlikely as it will hit real resistence at that level now as people stand ready to buy up big if it drops by that much.
    I would see China and India buying up big in the low 30s if there was a big dip.
    If it hit about $32 I would be buying for sure but I waited months for that to happen and it never did so I bought in high 30s and low 40s.
    I do not think that what happened in 2008 will happen again, nothing is following any pattern , market is all over the place with uncertainty.
    When you think it should be going up it goes in the opposite direction! :/

14. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In the present world financial environment I think just about anything is possible.

Personally I think circa low thirties is very possible, but I wouldn't count on it if I didn't have any PM's just yet. I think the key is to not get too greedy as that often comes back to bite you on the bum!

Whilst I'm a newbie at metals i have been researching at least 12 hours a day, seven days a week, for the last month (don't have a job at the moment so figured I should make use of the opportunity!)

Finally I think I can see through the fog a little and am feeling much more confident that I've done the right thing and am comfortable with my personal strategy for my families future security.

Personally I decided that while it's very possible we will see some big dips along the road as this secular bull runs it's course (history certainly suggests that) the various investment markets are all a bit haywire and who knows what's next! IMHO the current state of world finances are unlike anything that's happened in modern history.

I made the decission to jump in the deep and and get at least a 50% stake of my available funds in PM's recently. Whilst this might not give me the best price to get in at, it does ensure I'm in, and this is a long term thing for me.

While I think it's probable that the unwinding of the mess that irresponsible lending practices have caused in recent decades will take years, there's always the possibility that the "fall off the cliff" scenario could happen drastically and suddenly at any time - I didn't want to be left with my pants around my ankles just in case that happened! (I doubt that will happen just yet as too many countries have vested interests in keeping the kite flying while they rape and plunder some more)

The rest I intend to add to my PM portfolio over time and hopefully take opportunity of big dips if and when they happen, but at least I have some "skin in the game" and won't be looking back and saying "if only"

It's a lot easier to make the leap after you research (a lot) and especially if you do so knowing that it's a long term strategy for at least 5 years (and maybe a lot longer)

As with any investment your strategy should always take into account your tolerance for risk, cash flow, and many other factors.

Simply put you need to research and work out a plan that suits you - everyone's needs are different.

15. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

even if that were to play out - good luck at getting any physical stock.

i sure as hell wont be selling any

16. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

like a baby ....

17. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

the only dip i'm holding out for is a spicy guacamole ... :lol:

18. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

$38 (AU)

19. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I like your black sheep , black sheep! :)

I agree with you - I also did a few months of intense research and decided to just get into it as anything could happen overnight and I didn't want to be left out. I should have bought silver years ago when it was only $7 - kept meaning to but never did so finally, a bit late, took the plunge. Now if their is a big dip I will buy a bit more but I feel safer having got something.
    Also looking long term and have finally got over the daily ups and downs! :eek:

My prediction - will not go lower than $32 AUD again! - and even if it got that low it would be difficult getting stock at that price.

20. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

@goldpanner

Why is it that you think it'll be difficult to get stock @ $32?

Just curious because the only thing in short supply when Silver last tanked from $48 to $32 was my fiat.

Managed to source some cheap Silver just fine (not much on SS though).