Buying the next dip

Discussion in 'Silver' started by CriticalSilver, Sep 11, 2011.

1. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

I am wondering a couple of things:

1) who is anticipating another dip and are ready to buy?
    2) At what price level will you buy heavily?

Me? I have my radar up and am thinking anything under A$36 is an exceptional opportunity.

So what about you guys?

2. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

Personally, I reckon we're IN the dip now, I'm looking to shoot some dry powder in the next day or two at max.

3. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I already bought the dip last week.

Expecting some volatility soon, like always =D.

Slam

4. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

1) You've missed it or will unless acting soon

2) Anytime in the last 3 months and previous to that - keep the dollar cost average in mind - if your trying to pick the 'best' time with PM's you'll loose,it's a whole different approach - been telling anyone who would listen buy big under $20 spot,will tell you now to buy big with what you can afford

Come and poke fingers at me in 6 months and tell me I'm wrong...

5. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I hope for a dip but realistically its now or never...

6. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

In my opinion if we get GFC2 Silver could fall to the low 30s again, at which point i'd think about spending some cash. I only buy big dips, none of this $2-$3 playing around business.

7. CriticalSilver

Exactly! With multiple crises next week looking to pop, I think there is very likely going to be a significant although very temporary flight into currencies that will see an equally significant although inverse drop in the PM complex that will also be very temporary.

Can we keep the evangelizing to a minimum, we are the choir after all, the question is serious and relating to significant purchases, not the general picking up of a couple of ounces in coins. I am no chartist but would like a feel of where the momentum in buying might turn the price action around.

8. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

If bad news round hits euphoria this coming week, then all indicators will go haywire.

Fundamentals will be ignored and all forecast tools rendered useless. Happened during the debt celing/debt downgrade. When metals were supposed to go up, it tanked, when it was supposed to calm down and go down, shot up like mad. Silver remained stable throughout the whole ride.

9. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I think jpanngy is right - when prices should be going up they crash instead and vice versa, nothing seems to be following any rules lately but I tend to think the price should go up next week - why ? I really have no idea! - just a hunch! :/ - but I'm usually wrong!!!

10. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

Sorry but I'm getting tired of hearing "something different is going to happen this week" it's a scratch record. Wait and see, we all will have theories of why it did or did not go up or down by this coming Friday. I don't know about you but are you not tired of hearing "the end is near"? I now think this is not a short term ride but "perhaps" 3-5 year thing. The only exception to the rule will be an unforeseen natural or terrorist disaster.

I thought there would be a dip at $22 then at $28 then $33 and now $42.00 As we know hindsight is 20:20 but so far the rule of thumb is " it's a bull market" so keep buying regardless till the bull turns to a bear. :p

11. CriticalSilver

I remember sweating on it to crack $20 then sitting on the sides waiting for a pull back to $25 that never came. :rolleyes:

But if it does pull back this time, at what POS would you all be heavy buyers?

12. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I buy at $33 but I have little left to buy with, did it already in the past.

13. Bris_Silver

Bris_Silver New Member

Wait until I make a big purchase and then it should dip..

14. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

End is near?

I have only been telling people not to try to predict top and bottom. I suggest spreading your purchase and never buy in one huge bulk.

And what I have not been suggesting, which I should have is to diversify. Not all heavy into silver, get some gold. Make sure there is enough cash, make sure job is stable and income is still coming. Get a promotion if possible.

15. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1 I can relate to that. :)

16. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I'm not bagging you ;) - just waiting till Bris_Silver makes his decision to purchase - COME ON! make that big purchase mate :cool:

17. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

if big purchase = 5% of your net worth ... knock urself out.

if big purchase = 95% of all you have .................. how r u gonna sleep after that man?

18. CriticalSilver

That's right, you need all asset classes ... both gold AND silver. :lol:

And a promotion you slackers! :D

OK that's enough fun for a sunday night. It's lights out for me. Let's see what tomorrow shall bring.

Thanks JPanggy, that'll keep me giggling for awhile.

19. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

I'm not trying to single out the above comment - nor am I here to say you're not entitled to your own opinion and thoughts (obviously, as are all folks here, you are entitled to that!).

I will give my perspective here as a "part time" stacker since 2007... I never thought the stacking of physical PM's was anything *other* than a non-short term ride? That is to say, I went into this with my eyes open, no short term time frame in mind, other than perhaps at minimum a 10 year gameplan. If things play out any earlier than 2017 then I'm in bonus territory in terms of the time frame (and, my personal view of the world as we know it seems to indicate that 2017 is quite optimistic, but I'm happy to hold, and continue to stack, for as long as it takes).

Someone is "holding out" with dry powder waiting for a dip before making their first purchase (presumably large, reading between the lines of the above comment)?

O.O Ballsy!

20. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I wouldn't be to precise bigman by saying "first purchase", but going on a feeling that there will be a BIG dip soon. Maybe read between the lines here Mr.Profiler :rolleyes: I said "dip" which may or may not imply (reading between the lines :p ) I believe it's going back up again :cool: