Perth Mint what a crock!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lovey80, Sep 1, 2011.

1. kek

kek Member

An allotment of 5000 shares, not an application for 5000 shares. Anyway off topic and irrelevant. Point being there was a number of dealers that did presales on the premise from the Perth Mint they were to be given a certain allocation/allotment of dragons which was renegged upon.

'Speculative second hand story'? I suggest you speak to a number of dealers here.

2. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

GP
    "* Transactions (regardless of payment method) under $5000 - collecting ID is at the discretion of the dealer."

This is not what PM says. They tell you they are required your ID by law.
    So the last part of my sentence still stands.

"Peth Mint either stupid to acknowledge that or outright lying when they say I am the one who is incorrect."

Sorry GP I just can stand if someone BS to me, government or private, because they lose both my trust and respect.

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

If you've been told "by law", then fair point.

4. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

It all boils down to a lot of disappointed Australian stackers.

Whether you tried to preorder or tried to buy online.

We are not all trying to make a quick quid, most of us are just looking for an investment to hold onto.

I had been so excited about this launch but feel a little soured by it all and it shouldn't be like that!

It would be interesting to find out how many missed out on the 1 oz silver or gold dragons on the day altogether because of the ID problem, online debacle or the preorder debacle.

5. kek

kek Member

And now the Perth Mint can't take orders over the phone today at all and website seems to have locked up checking out.. haha. You have to laugh.
    Ah well at least I'll be ready for the Snake! Anyone taking preorders for the Snake?

6. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

....lets start the pre-orders NOW!!!!!!.............register online NOW!!!!......book airfares and hotels for Perth NOW!!!!!........and perhaps get that Silver-stackers group for the front door queue sorted NOW!!!!!....maybe we'll avoid all the dramas!!???................NOT!............hahahaha

7. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I wouldn't even attempt to try and make an order online again now knowing what the Perth Mint website is like when a rush is on.
    I would simply try and ring up and make an order over the phone on the day OR preorder knowing that I still may not get the preorder.
    In fact I probably would not be all that interested in another special release! - stick to the more boring stuff! :|

8. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

couldn't agree more goldpanner!!!....

9. kek

kek Member

Haha maybe preorders for the Snake and the Horse!
    The Lunar series drama is half the fun.

10. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

Fellow stackers,

Perth mint silver dragon still available this morning. Gold dragon completely sold out.

So, for those that missed the boat yesterday, hurry and get registered and you still can buy a roll maybe next week.

11. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Meh. Can't be bothered any more. Dragon hysteria is supposed to be on the first day only anyway. Day two just doesn't have the same effect as day one. Can't feel the panic, heartbeat and pulse are normal, internet connection is working perfectly fine with no dropouts and the PM website hasn't crashed. Why bother?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

So we have given the Perth Mint a lot of Stick
    Given their Business model is less than ideal for interfacing with customers and keeping the Majority of people happy,what procedures or changes can we think of to help them out.

My contribution goes back prior to release.

#1~Publicly state clearly and concisely on the Website the allocation Status and pre order status(if any) of Coins being released.Please place this in an easy to find section for the Computer illiterate like myself(Perhaps under Customer Relations information)
    #2~.?

13. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

14. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Well I got sorted and was able to get some, seems the limits did some good. Three cheers for the Perth Mint. :)

15. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up for anyone in the future registering at the PM website. There is an option during the registration process where you can upload a digital scan of your I.D. certified by a JP (for faster trading). This is not going to get you anywhere and the Aust Post I.D. verification form is the only thing that will get you trading bullion. After speaking with someone at the PM it appears that the Marketing manager went on leave and he is the one that needs to sort this out.... Funny that the Marketing Manager going on leave during the biggest bullion release in the history of the mint..... Or is he just in the US schmoozing with the big American dealers?

16. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

#2 make everything accessable on one site instead of being a typical gubmint & creating a seperate department for different things yesterday people were saying i cant see the dragons on the site & they were told its on perthmintbullion.Havent they heard of multiskilling employees & linking computers so everything can be accessed from anywhere...No sorry your in the wrong dept you need to go to dept B down the hall .... sheesh

17. Jakpot

Jakpot New Member

you can get your id checked out/verified at a local Post office and they will forward the details to PM and within 24-48hrs max, you are up and running..

that is how I did it - 2 days before the release of the dragons.

I opened a new account and printed the ID verifcation file and went to Aust Post and gave them my drivers license and 24hrs later I'm up and running.

hope that helps anyone??

18. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

I would never think to look under 'customer relations!'

You know I didn't even realise till the day that the lunar coins were on the bullion page thats how bad the website is! I thought they were under 'lnar' so theres a start - make it a lot clearer - on FRONT PAGE of Mint site what release is happening, and on what day maybe a month prior to releases, what page to go to - maybe link to special page with all details about ordering and ID etc for on the day purchases, all the different ,methods available, what mintage will be available online and at retail store.

Make sure that 'sold out' goes up immediately when a coin is no longer available online otherwise you sit there for hours trying to check out with error messages.
    I did go back to the sales page after I was told on the phone the 1 oz gold was sold out but it still did not appear as 'sold out'.

Make the 60 second countdown longer on the check out page as some of us have slow internet connections - I have a very slow satellite broadband - may not upload in time before it cuts out.

19. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

#4~ ?????

20. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Online order; Do like Apmex to see the available quantity online.
    On phone order; Do like Gainesville to know how many still front of you if you are busy.
    On delivery; Do like Tulving when on larger orders you get free delivery.