Perth Mint what a crock!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lovey80, Sep 1, 2011.

1. dragonslive

dragonslive Member

You only need ID to register on the bullion site, so if you are registered with only the Numismatic coin site, you will still need to go through the ID stuff to register on the bullion site as per the OP.

Once you register on both sites your login details are joined.

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seriously what a bunch of wingers.

If you leave your registration and have no idea how the process works at the Perth Mint...guess what bad luck.

If you were so lazy that you left everything to the last moment bad luck.

If you blame the Perth Mint for a few certified true copies of who you are so you can buy...bad luck.

I mean that's really difficult isn't it:rolleyes: Putting a few bits of paper in the mail is like so frigging difficult:)

If you were keen on getting your allocation of 20 silver dragons and 5 gold dragons and you don't get them it's your fault.

Many of us had our shite together; the wingers here, are those who couldn't organize a chook raffle and those worried about their personal details and it's all too hard need to get their act together.

You are worried about your personal details???:rolleyes:

The government probably knows more about your arse than you really know and it's my experience that the wingers are probably those who have to look over their shoulder.

Ever bought shares and sold them? Yeah ya have to pay tax aye or don'y you declare your capital gain or dividends.

Anyway...Don't go blaming the Perth Mint...they have excellent products...excellent service and very good staff who always reply to emails and let people know what is going on.

For you guys who are still confused or can't get a few coins just wait...we'll sell you some of our's:cool:

For those who want to look at the online brochure of what's coming up look at these links;

2012 Gold Bullion Brochure
    http://www.perthmintbullion.com/goldbullionbrochure/

2012 Silver Bullion Brochure
    http://www.perthmintbullion.com/silverbullionbrochure/

For those who wanted to get registered so they can buy and take physical delivery, go to this link and read the information:
    Read the big black print it really helps!
    https://www.perthmintbullion.com/RegisterToTrade.aspx

So men...get your act together so you are all squared away for the up and coming issues for:

01 October 2011
    01 November 2011.

And...for you young blokes who are just new...don't get caught into the winge crap some of the older posters serve you...just get the coins and remember...The winners can laugh and the Losers can please themselves.

Best

3. Guest

Guest Guest

i laughed so hard i had tears rolling down my face when i read this
    Thanks Fykus :lol: :lol:

REDBACK

4. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

I nearly got knocked back at the post office. The suburb on my drivers license was different cause the suburb was change quite some time back. Pointed out it said address not suburb and he let it go. :)

5. boyd_05

boyd_05 Member Silver Stacker

Some people DID have their s@#t together and STILL didn't get anything so just calling everyone a bunch of whingers is a bit of a cop out.

some members have some legit complaints

just sayin'...

edit: I didn't even bother getting caught up in the frenzy. Regular 999 ag is good enough for me :cool:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok
    Sounds like this complaint letter an oldie but a goodie may be in order>>>
    Australian Letter Of The Year
    Dear Mr. Minister,

I'm in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe this.

How is it that K-Mart has my address and telephone number, and knows that I bought a Television Set and Golf Clubs from them back in 1997, and yet, the Federal Government is still asking me where I was born and on what date.

For Christ sakes, do you guys do this by hand?

My birth date you have in my Medicare information, and it is on all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 40 years. It is on my driver's licence, on the last eight passports I've ever had, on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off the planes over the last 30 years, and all those insufferable census forms that I've filled out every 5 years since 1966.

Also. would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother's name is Audrey, my Father's name is Jack, and I'd be absolutely f * cking astounded if that ever changed between now and when I drop dead!!!...

SH * T!

I apologise, Mr. Minister.But I'm really pissed off this morning. Between you an' me, I've had enough of all this bullsh * t! You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my f * cking address!! What the hell is going on with your mob? Have you got a gang of mindless Neanderthal arseh * les workin' there!

And another thing, look at my damn picture. Do I look like Bin Laden? I can't even grow a beard for God's sakes. I just want to go to New Zealand and see my new granddaughter. (Yes, my son interbred with a Kiwi girl). And would someone please tell me, why would you give a sh * t whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days? If I ever got the urge to do something weird to a sheep or a horse, believe you me, I'd sure as hell not want to tell anyone!

Well, I have to go now, 'cause I have to go to the other end of the city, and get another f * cking copy of my birth certificate, and to part with another $80 for the privilege of accessing MY OWN INFORMATION!

Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot, to assist in the issuance of a new passport on the same day?? Nooooo.. That'd be too f * cking easy and makes far too much sense. You would much prefer to have us running all over the place like chickens with our f * cking heads cut off, and then having to find some high society wanker to confirm that it's really me in the god-damn photo! You know the photo..the one where we're not allowed to smile?! ...you f * cking morons

Signed - An Irate Australian Citizen.

P.S Remember what I said above about the picture, and getting someone in high-society to confirm that it's me? Well, my family has been in this country since before 1850! In 1856, one of my forefathers took up arms with Peter Lalor. (You do remember the Eureka Stockade!!)I have also served in both the CMF and regular Army something over 30 years (I went to Vietnam in 1967), and still have high security clearances.
    I'm also a personal friend of the president of the RSL. And Lt General Peter Cosgrove sends me a Christmas card each year.

However, your rules require that I have to get someone 'important' to verify who I am; You know someone like my doctor; WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN F * CKING PAKISTAN!!!......a country where they either assassinate or hang their ex-Prime Ministers, and are suspended from the Commonwealth for not having the 'right sort of government.'

You are all f * cking idiots.

7. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

holdfast i didnt want dragons still dont want dragons it has nothing to do with missing out on anything or even whinging simply stating the facts so people can make their own decisions with a little more information then "oh yeah theyre great".I think when dealers aswell as potential clients are treated badly we have a right to tell all about the experience good or bad.

Im sure they will make up their own minds knowledge is power why wouldnt you want the knowledge If another company done it you would see them on some mainstream media current affairs show with everybody cheering them on for exposing the tactics & selective treatment for what it is

8. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Who made you the whinge police. I'll whinge whenever I want.

Tell that to the multitudes of people who tried to order dragons when trading opened such as NQDave, goldpanner to name a few and couldn't order any Gold dragons.

Were they keen? I very much think so. So it's their fault is it that Perth Mint is shit?

Entirely valid complaint, many dealers do not need certification for 1 roll of coins. It has nothing to do with luck.

You don't know people's circumstances, they may not have ready access to JPs or Post Offices so can't get certified. It's more than simply putting a piece of paper in the mail, pull your head out of your ass.

More sweeping generalizations. I'll admit first hand I'm whinging, that's right I am whinging about Perth Mint. I am not paranoid nor am I incompetent, at least I can spell whinge for starters. I merely decided to not do business with this mint which shafts locals for the benefit of overseas distributors.

And who are you to judge others?

I'll blame them as much as I want because I have valid complaints. Excellent products? Yeah, too bad we can't get any reasonable amount. Excellent service? Haha oh boy the shitty service I went through back in May when I was buying from them. Their attitude was like they were doing me a favor by taking my hard earned money for bullion. Of course different people have different experiences, I'm saying mines were shit and others had shit experiences too. Blame where blame is due, credit where credit is due.

9. waievolution

waievolution New Member

Tried over the net at 8.30 kept on getting error, tried getting through on the phone no luck. Luckily i live in perth and went to the perth mint shop and i ordered my 1 oz gold coin there. also got 10 1 oz silver dragon coin. but i dont believe that they are sold out. when there is so many of the 1oz gold and silver dragon coins.

10. Silverthorn

They are still up online so it might just be a matter of restocking unless the Perth Mint shop is limited in supply like the rest of the dealers.

11. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

"So every time a member of the public sells more than $600 worth of gold to a dealer, Piret said, the transaction will have to be reported to the government by the buyer"
    Not to mention it's not even in effect yet
    "Starting Jan. 1, 2012, Form 1099s will become a means of reporting to the Internal Revenue Service the purchases of all goods and services by small businesses and self-employed people that exceed $600 during a calendar year."

If asked to compare Gov'ts, then I would firmly say America has Obama and Democrats running the show, so that automatically make us the most F'ed-up nation on earth. But, as buyers we don't have to jump through the hoop discussed in this thread.
    After the Jan. 1 you will see bullion sales on eBay and Forums like this skyrocket. Nobody with any sense will sell bullion back to dealers.

12. Elemental

Elemental Active Member Silver Stacker

The retail store and online were both subject to a limited allocation as all dealers were. This was confirmed by Ron this morning at the mint.

13. Silverthorn

Individually limited though or as a group?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Funny this post should come up.
    I went on to the Mints Website the other night to order something else and then ran into all this ID BullSTHad to do a double takeYou require what off me and how long will it take??
    Closed the Website with a F..U
    Agree with all the Complaints
    If their going to be elitist Wankers,i've got better things to do with my time.

REDBACK

15. da-shaz

da-shaz New Member

It might have something to do with the Perth Mint Swindle in the 1980's?

That must have tightened up the mints security around purchasing a fair bit.

16. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

It was said that the allocations for both the retail store and online were limited (less than they respectively wanted). This was done so that Perth Mint could honour their commitment to both distributors at home and abroad. Hoping that answers your question.

17. kek

kek Member

Well said Fishball.

The Perth Mint do produce arguably the best minted coins in the world, however it's run by second rate people. For anyone to argue the point that they are all great and wonderful is ridiculous. It's clearly not the case just look at how the local dealers on this forum are getting shafted on their allocations.

If you want to talk about great service and looking after their customer base, the dealers on this forum are a fine example.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

They're still for sale at Perth mint, they'll be there for at least a couple more days. My application was approved in under 24 hours. I called them the day after sending my id with express post at about closing time and I asked if they had received it, the nice lady then said she'd look in that days mail and she found it and then approved it right there over the phone and I bought that day.... There's still time to send out your id and getting your haul of dragons.

19. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Why should the Perth Mint give a stuff about customer service? They can afford to be as useless as they like, their products still sell-out! I had ordered some bullion in the past direct from Perthmit bullion over the phone back in February, no problems. But now you can only order on the website. Cant wait to see some of their products fail and they then have to pull their socks up and come crawling back to the customers.

20. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I honestly cannot understand why anyone is flummoxed by the ID requirements.

It's been extensively covered on this site before, and the Mint even responded at the time with the following blog post: http://www.perthmintbullion.com/blog/blog/10-10-13/Nothing_To_Fear_From_ID_Requirements.aspx

It's nothing more onerous than many other bullion dealers elect to do, and I've encountered retail stores with ID requirements for *any* bullion purchase - I was once asked to provide drivers license and a credit card or utility statement for a $100 over the counter purchase at a bullion shop in Melbourne - which I declined to do at the time. Other online dealers in Australia require ID for any online purchase - so in this instance, the Mint is actually more lenient than some. The Australia Post ID process is the same as if you were applying for a working with children check or many other services that require validated ID - many private bullion dealers don't do it properly, or are still asking for 100 points etc when it's not required.

As I said in my previous post - we've known about these coins coming out on 1st September for *years*, and the ID requirements for online purchase have not changed since the online bullion trading site launched in September 2010 - a full year ago. You're buying investment bullion from a state owned mint - do you all wait until the day of an IPO for a share launch and then bitch that you couldn't get some Telstra shares because you didn't know there was paperwork to be filled out beforehand? Seriously folks, we're supposed to be making investment purchases here - do some research!

Regarding the capacity to handle the orders on the day - the Mint had IT staff scheduled to be in at work on standby, the hosting company had been alerted to have people on standby - without investing hundreds of thousands of dollars to handle a single day's peak load (lookup what the "slashdot effect" is), there was always a risk that the infrastructure was not going to be able to cope with the massive load as 10,000 people all jumped on at 8:30am trying to buy at once. Blaming the Mint for that is simply technology ignorance.

There was also full shifts in the retail store - which is where the phones are answered as well - so long call times were to be expected, there's not some Optus-scale call centre to magically appear overnight to again handle a once-a-series peak demand for a coin release. People were queued outside the gates, and there was a flood of people into the bullion trading area - if you've never been to the mint (I had not until recently) there's only three bullion trading desks - however there's another 4 or 5 points of sale in the retail store - they had staff on the jewelry counters handling bullion sales from opening to cope with the number of people, and retail staff had been rostered on since 6am to be prepared for the demand. The bullion prices were even frozen for an hour or so to ensure that the vast majority of initial sales were all at the same price, so there wasn't the situation where people in line would get antsy about the guy in front getting cheaper coins because he was buying $10ks worth and had to fill out the AUSTRAC forms and was taking too long etc. Tip - four of us went in the afternoon before - you can do the AML paperwork and lodge cash in exchange for a bullion "gift voucher" that massively speeds the buying process.

There was certainly issues with the website when it appeared that checkout processes broke when there were more people adding the gold dragon to their carts than there was stock on hand, and the checkout process froze for some - but shit, that sort of stuff happens sometimes, and no amount of extra staff on the day is going to get around the fact that there's a possible system bug there. But in all honesty - no different to a ticket sales website meltdown when a big name tours and it's a sellout in five minutes etc - sometimes you simply don't get through, and that's unfortunate.

Having been there on the day, been hosted by the Mint at their invitation for the launch, seen the preparation that was put into handling the expected (and realized) load, being given unprecedented access to bullion trading before normal opening hours, and then privately meeting with senior management on behalf of the forum afterwards to open up dialogue with how the Mint can be more engaged with Silver Stackers (you don't think they read every one of these posts?) it's grossly unfair to make some of the assertions about "second rate people". Show me another mint in the world where you can rock up for an event like this and then get staff to come out to lunch at the pub across the road afterwards with a bunch of strangers off the Internet.

Argh!