charts not looking good AT ALL.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by stellaconcepts, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Having sold half my stack near the peak I can't decide whether to buy my PM's back cheaper or wait and take advantage of the deflating property market.

Both playing out in real life as we speak, no game of monopoly.

C

2. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

If they are not focusing on a profit, then yes they're just collectors.

C

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Yes this time you were lucky. But you best hurry up, else you wont be buying back cheaper...
    Next time you could very well be left behind and lose ounces when you buy back in.
    Then maybe you'll understand.

savvy??

4. Guest

Guest Guest

In the coming years there will be many people selling only to have the price speed away rapidly before they can buy back in again and they'll be out of the game early. There's also people who know what they're doing and will be lucky and add a lot to their stack buy doing this.

5. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

You're not a believer in physical PMs for wealth preservation and a form of insurance then? I generally put my trading profits into PMs and am not looking to make further a profit on them. PMs are where my money retires to once they've worked hard enough for me. Although I still might have to take them out of retirement if fiat runs low in future. Hope not though cos I love my rock collection. :)

6. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

*whispers in ear*

pssst... Contrarian is not part of the tin foil hat brigade

7. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

It's funny, everytime I've sold out of a booming market I've always been able to find something cheap to buy into.

Just lucky I guess.

You blindly focus on ounces at any cost, I'll focus on undervalued assets. And sometimes I'll even focus on FIAT. :eek:

8. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

I like your strategy of storing trading profits in PM's. Makes much more sense than the "Yippe ki ya get in before it's too late, we're going to the moon" strategy.

I most certainly am a beleiver in physical PM's for wealth preservation and insurance.

I'm also an opportunist and a trader of anything that will make money.

I went all in to silver (meaning all the money I had allocated to it) at $17-$21. I sold half the stack at an average of $43 so I now have a pile of silver that's costing me nothing.

My wealth preservation and insurance is free. I also have my original capital back to invest elsewhere.

If that gets me kicked out of the tin foil hat brigade and labelled as a trader then I'm fine with that.

C

9. silver$100

silver$100 New Member

The charts not looking good AT ALL.

The fundamental data for both metals is looking great and the fan base of them is growing and growing: http://silver-info.com/growing-fan-base.htm

I'm just chillin - and I'm patiently waiting for the mania phase. In the meantime I keep accumulating physical Silver. :D Yes, I like this stuff!

10. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Have friend who's gonna hit the bullion exchange what do you reckons a better go: 10 x 1 oz. Silver maples
    1 10 oz. Silver bar
    1/2 gold maple

Or grab 2 x 10 oz. Silver bars
    12 x 1 oz. Maples
    1/4 gold maple

Its about the same $ just I already have a couple 1/4's and would like to add a 1/2 to my small gold stack. However with physical in the 36 dollar range and maples for 37.14 silver is looking like the possible better bet.

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I'll continue focusing on "ounces" for as long as i believe silver is undervalued.

Obviously you feel that there are other asset classes which are better value :lol:

Since we both believe in purchasing undervalued assets, i guess that either your defintion of "undervalued" is wrong or mine is ... time will tell who is right.

12. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

Doesn't have to be wrong - just different. I'm not sure anyone really believes in all your eggs in one basket. C has stated that he holds some silver and that he is chasing other under valued assets. This is very wise (IMHO).

malachii

13. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you already have some gold, then go for the silver, if the GSR go down closer to 32 again, then swap to gold.

14. Sargeant Argent

Yeah I know but my gold stack isn't even a stack just as few coins just under an ounce kind of wanted to bump it up but then again 1/4 oz. Will take me over an ounce. 22 ozs of silver will Probably get me an oz by next year though....

15. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

what is the current swap rate you can get?

if you live a bit closer, may be we can trade... I trying to get some more silver here at a little red dot city.

16. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Having all eggs in one basket is very wise if its the right basket ...

Mainstream financial advise is to diversify your investments. i dont think much of the mainstream financial goons err i mean gurus, and feel that to "diversify" is a recipe for very mediocre "returns" at best ...

17. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

The financial advisers want you to diversify in stocks and shares - in the real world though of real things, not bits of paper, there are things you can diversify into - eg. gold as well as silver, property and food, and cash. I think you need some cash handy ready to buy things when prices drop.
    I would not put all my spare cash into any one thing.
    But I recently bought a few shares in gold and silver mines (small amount of money) but they have gone down recently not up so I think that was a mistake and I will sell them if their price goes up a bit.

18. Sargeant Argent

Hey alor haven't thought about swapping since the last drop guess I missed the boat my goal is to have 150 ozs to trade by the next time the GSR hits 30 so I can get 5 ozs gold. I need to load up on silver till then which I guess means no 1/2 gold :( I guess I'll settle for a 1/4 ;)

19. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It is interesting how we the public (I wont use the S word ... Baaa) look to the so called financial "experts" with such reverence. All the ones who I met inspire me to have an immediate shower, a similar reaction I get when meeting politicians. Most investment schemes are analyzed in great depth, much money paid to auditors and commercial experts to stamp their approval. I have been approached over the years with such diverse proposals. I am yet to take one up. Several mates have bought in and quite a few of these schemes have gone belly up. It is truly amazing that when these experts are then asked "What happened ?" the answer always is " one or other unexpected event occurred and "who could have seen that coming". The answer is "you" you idiot that was your job. How will the ASX do when the Greens controlling the government price us out of the mining market. Oh I forgot the AU$ that will be ok ? Always look to the unexpected as over time these unexpected events will eventuate. Don't worry about your silver shares they will go up and will exceed your expectations; worry about your cash deposits after October 2011 when Mr Swan no longer guarantees these.

20. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

Ronnie

Only once in my life I went to a financial adviser only because a neighbour of mine advised me because he had made 100% in one year investing in shares with this guy.
    This adviser tried really hard to get me to invest in some internet shares but I never did (he was very persistent)) and those shares crashed in the tec bubble, the adviser went out of business.
    I decided I had been really lucky in that I followed my instincts and I decided thereafter to never go near any adviser or 'schemes'.
    I do feel sorry for retired people who cannot rebuild their savings who get caught in these schemes but it is the greed factor which gets them in.