Bob Chapman - $55-60 silver then explosion to $80+ next 2-3 weeks

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bbobkins, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Nukz

Nukz New Member

I think the fundamentals are still there for a higher price in silver but im completly aggainst people like Bob ect who put a exact price prediction out that requires it to double in a short time. I'm still interested in seeing how much % of Bob's personal assets are invested in the metal and what his positions are on the metal long/short.

2. bbobkins

bbobkins New Member

Well bob got this one wrong. He under estimated the people controlling the market. It wasn't to be this time, but one day soon we will see action like he described. Im still a buyer and have been both before and after this action.

Bob does not own any stocks because of disclosure laws. So I suspect almost all his money is in gold/silver.

3. BigBen

BigBen New Member

Do you even realise how rediculous that statement is?
    Thats like someone saying every single week that something will happen, and every single week they are wrong, they blame it on other factors, eventually just by chance it will happen.

Roll a dice and you will get a 6 sometime!!!!

The only thing Bob done is underestimated the power of the internet to record how wrong he was.
    The price is all that is correct.

4. mikedm

mikedm New Member

I'm with Bob - the man took down three trouble-makers trying to attack his home through the front door. Calling silver is kid's play for him I'm sure.

5. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Personally i think Bob is logical. There are far too many crazy things going on. It is entirely logical for
    expert to have such a call in price of silver of $80 or even higher anytime between last few weeks and 2015.

The world is not in a gold standard but a paper standard,which is the root of the problems we have today. The connection between leaving the gold standard is a strong predictor of a country's severity of its depression as well as the length of time of its recovery.

It is surprising we are playing the exact same script of the Great Depression.

Original Source
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tuesday
    When the tide turns, there is usually no time to get out of stock and get into physical pm. What we should be doing now is a preparation process and learning from history.

If you are interested there are more good reading on the subjects
    http://www.econ.ucla.edu/workingpapers/wp611.pdf

6. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

But won't during the collapse (if they default) things slow down and silver/gold fall in price (like 2008)?

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I'd have to say that there is already conclusive proof of manipulation in the market.
    Where were you when the revelations by Andrew Maguire became common knowledge?
    Or have you just not done you own reading on the matter and blindly believe the ignoramuses who proclaim "wheres the proof"?
    They wouldnt know proof even if they fell over it!

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I agree that sentiment plays a role over the short term, but long term the fundamentals will ultimately determine the price. All i'm saying is that Money Printing 3 is definately NOT required as a prerequisite for silver to go up heaps more. All the printing required has already happened ... a long time ago already

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

The poor barstads are gonna have new ones torn ... they just dont know it yet

10. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

And if you read the revelations by Andrew Maguire NOWHERE does he state that there is a long term suppression - just short term, event specific manipulation. There is no comment about how anyone is trying to keep the price down long term. The manipulations are a short term drive down at "option expiry, non-farm payroll data releases, and COMEX contract rollover, as well as the ad-hoc events." (Bill Murphy - GATA Chariman on Maguire's allegations to the Commodities Futures Trading Commission). This is to make very quick short term profits - not hold the price below some magical number.

I'd be very interested to see any reliable documented evidence of a longer term manipulation/conspiracy. Please show me this "conclusive proof of manipulation in the market" so I can "fall over it".

malachii

11. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

In any market there is a fair amount of a manipulation and I will give you in the silver market there is probably more than most. If silver has been manipulated for this long, the only question is when will silver ever be "free" from manipulation? How do you know that silver will ever reach its "true" value? To keep attributing every drop to manipulation and investing accordingly is a recipe to being broke.

12. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

On April 5, 1933, President Roosevelt issued an executive order forcing delivery (confiscation) of gold owned by private citizens to the government in exchange for compensation at the fixed price of $20.67/oz. And less than nine months later, he raised the gold price to $35, effectively diluting the dollar in every wallet 41% overnight and swindling everyone who had turned in his gold. Gold perform well in Depression environment.

Sorry when i was talking about stock, there are some sectors which perform exceptionally well during a depression environment.Mining Stocks. Please see chart below.
    [​IMG]

I have made a forum myself recently called Metal Stackers(Just started). (Very similar to Silver Stackers on the outlook ^^). However, unlike silver stackers which is very very good and i spend alot of time everyday learning from other members comments, Metal Stacker is more like a information site focus on two things. Economic and Metal Stacking. I think before we start to investing in commodity, shares or bond, understanding economic , history and cycles do gives us an advantage over the mass population.

http://cinvalo.com.au/pm/index.php

13. Nukz

Nukz New Member

It sounds like your describing gold to me, silver's reaction to collapse in the world or recession would be more of a collapse itself due to industrial use.

14. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

u maybe right to some extend. I am still trying to figure it out. It is so fun sometimes since many people have different point of view and base on what they learn, it can be correct to some extend.
    I am studying the Great Depression back in 1930. Do you know which country avoid the Great Depression entirely?

China.

I think the reason behind that is China is on Silver Standard and the balance of trade is healthy for China. Other countries deficit spending to fund the war and government programs.
    The point is that whether it is gold or silver, our money needed to be back by some hard assets, because hard asset can maintain a healthy economic growth, government will be more careful on their spending. Money without hard asset backing, will causes huge inflation, reckless spending, trade imbalance and huge wealth gaps in the long term.

Personally i think the elite will not use a gold-backed currency until the situation went out of control. Then they have to return back to Gold Standard.
    Mathematically, a pure gold standard represents Total Current in the World/ Total ounce of gold in the world.

You will have to find out what that magic number is.
    :)

If you are skeptical about silver, i think u should own gold as a safe play. Personally i perfer silver more because i think silver is an next alternative to gold as a monetary asset when people want to protect their wealth.

15. BBQ

BBQ Member

Where in this audio file did he mention those prices? I have gone through it twice (!) and unless I missed it, I didn't hear him mention those prices.

16. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

You have to play the audio file backwards. Its a subliminal message!

17. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Says Friday 17 June about 2.30 minutes in so the file is updated every week?

18. BBQ

BBQ Member

The audio file has been updated, you reckon?
    I'm a bit confused 'cause in the first post of this thread, bbobkins mentions:
    -------
    About 9.20min in bob describes a situation where the paper silver market is about to explode.
    -------

I listened to the link mp3 provided in the first post (difficult to stay awake)...and at about 9:20 he did start to talk about the paper silver market, so I assume I grabbed the right show from a file that hasn't been updated since this was posted.

http://www.discountgoldandsilvertrading.net/Radio_Show.htm
    Here it says "If the program slated is from a prior date, this means that there was no live program recorded that day", so I assume that same show referenced is still up (in other words, I assume I am listening to the same Friday file - http://libertyarchives.com/farlive/FS2_FRI.MP3 )?

19. mikedm

mikedm New Member

Try this one mate

- mentions Australia at 5:00ish (Bob says if collapse of US/UK/Europe is a 10 Canada/Australia will be a 5 or 4).

- At 10:00ish onwards he says JPM will make their move at 55-60 dollar silver, he says $50 will be no resistance because the $50 mark was hit a long time ago and noone has been holding for all that time waiting to get back into silver. Evidently JPM made their move a lot sooner than that. ie <$50.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1H3fxzfyYE[/youtube]

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Bob's great.