Mike Maloney's 'Why Gold & Silver? - Full Version Is On YouTube ! ! !

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silversurfer2010, May 18, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

me too. On a professional level more than anything else, don't get me wrong he's made a bazillion times more accurate calls on markets than me. I just find his 180 degree change disturbing.

All fluff aside, kiyosaki has blatantly gone back on one of the most profound predictions he has ever made.

2. silversurfer2010

silversurfer2010 New Member

I've started a new thread with the correct link - can't seem to edit the initial post. Starting new link so that folks get link right at the top....

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

can't see any problem with what he said, these people should just be points on a chart not the graph line it self. His points were important and relevant, but the other points on my chart still lead to silver. A point he did bring up was cashflow, depending on a job/career to get you through a deflationary period is suicide and you need something else toget you to a point where you can take advantage of your silver as opposed to having none because you were bucked off due to living expenses. His views on leverage are dangeruos in this particar climate IMHO

4. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

can't see any problem with what he said, these people should just be points on a chart not the graph line it self. His points were important and relevant, but the other points on my chart still lead to silver. A point he did bring up was cashflow, depending on a job/career to get you through a deflationary period is suicide and you need something else toget you to a point where you can take advantage of your silver as opposed to having none because you were bucked off due to living expenses. His views on leverage are dangeruos in this particar climate IMHO

5. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

I don't get it - what part of this do people not agree with.

1. Difficult to leverage YEP
    2. No cash flow YEP
    3. Taxes are high No real tax deductions other than holding costs so YEP

On the flip side, gold and silver is an easy investment, especially when the Fed is printing trillions of dollars. YEP

But, if the Fed stops printing trillions of dollars, gold and silver may become the next price bubble to crashbut I doubt that will happen. Definitely - this is the biggest argument people use for buying PMs - the spending/printing of fiat currencies by government. If governments stop doing this then debts will start to come under control and people will start to buy more $ and get rid of PMs. Unlikely though

If the Fed stops printing money, there will be a giant crash causing a tsunami of pain and destruction. Cash will become kingand so will a gun.This is the whole concern about QE2 finishing and QE3 not starting. If there is no money being printed we do an Iceland and businesses go broke. Cash becomes king because the integrity of cash is re-established. This is why the Icelandic Krona is so strong against the US$ (http://www.tradingeconomics.com/iceland/currency enter the years 2006 - 2011 and you will see how the Krona is now twice as strong as it has been historically)

I still believe your best investment is taking courses and investing in your financial education. Regardless if we crash or go into hyperinflation, those with a sound financial education will be better off than those who are counting on the government to solve this financial crisis.DEFINITELY

Can someone tell me what the problem is? He doesn't even really say get out of PMs. He is just highlighting some of the pluses and minuses - something any person who invests in PMs should know.

malachii

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

The problem with what he said is that only a year or two back he said:

Silver is the greatest investment of the CENTURY!
    And now he's changed his tune...

Reminds me a bit of when i found out that the whole story about his "rich dad" was actually just made up for the purpose of conveying his story.
    he still tried to deny it afterwards saying his rich dad and all the other characters in his stories were all real.
    that was strike 1 and 2 for me.

i figured it didnt really matter if he lied about that ... its just a bit of writers' license so to speak.

his latest 180 though is strike 3 for me!!

I guess once a spruiker always a spruiker...