Huge divide between Spot and Physical

Discussion in 'Silver' started by 1for1, May 6, 2011.

1. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Price controls - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_controls

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

im with you nugget all i hear is waaa waaa waaa bargain hunter you might want to change your name to uncle scrooge :p:

3. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

If you can find much better deals elsewhere, go for it. otherwise, tell us where they are! :)

4. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Personally, I think there is enough competition here to keep everyone honest.
    If someone wants top dollar, their stuff will sit and sit and sit on the shelves. There are very few dummies lurking on this forum
    I would be very interested to know what BH would ask for his silver at this moment if he was a seller. Won't be a surprise if it's a lot more than what he wants to buy.
    Price control is definitely not my cup of tea.

5. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

If people truly believe that the spot price is artificially low then they shouldnt expect to pay prices near it :)

We should start to see threads WTB - spot + 20% etc. :D

6. renovator

hey steve i looked at you site earlier good on ya for putting the message on there

7. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

I'm imagining now BH in front of a building with a sign regulate prices on SS and walking in a circle

8. Loxmyf

Loxmyf Member

The thread makes me :lol: and :rolleyes: Isn't a capitalist market all about supply and demand?

Those who have the supply make the demands.

It's been mentioned in several threads now that spot determines SLV prices, but not necessarily Ag prices. Why the surprise when it starts to be seen?

9. Aurora et luna

Been under-employed for nearly 10 days now with plenty of free time to post here.
    Luckily a member here sold me a box of mice last night, so I got something to sell.
    I say good luck to anyone here if they can make a few extra bucks flipping a scarce resource.
    Anyone who wants cheap silver can place an order with the Perth Mint and have buckley's choice; either take the 1kg hummers or the 1oz coins. That's it, just two lines!
    If you want bars then try ABC Sydney and expect to wait weeks if not months for delivery.

10. renovator

yeah i wonder who was the bright spark that decided to take the production line out what an idiot .I wonder if he will still get his bonus hahahaha.

11. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

If even Steve can't get cheap Silver what hope do us mere plebs have ;)

12. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

tell him hes dreaming

13. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

What price do you think silver will be when they ramp production, i think i will be significantly more. Their timing in this dip was almost as good as stellas... And good on em

14. kram

kram New Member

Ahh so that's what PM in JPM stands for. Now I understand :rolleyes:

15. Aurora et luna

I paid $4100 for a 100 x 1oz mice last night.
    If I could wait for the mint to deliver in a few weeks time, I would have paid less than $3800 wholesale.
    However I needed those coins now and I have customers willing to pay.
    If anyone thinks I am bulls*itting about the price, I am quite sure the seller won't mind confirming the facts.

16. Flip

Flip New Member

Just go have a cry......... sell your silver for at spot and make a bargin for others

17. Aurora et luna

By the way guys, I don't enjoy buying back 100 x 1oz boxes from people for hundreds of dollars below what they paid originally. I would much prefer that they hold onto their silver and resell it to me in the future at a much higher price.
    I think everyone who has stacked for a few years expected a pull-back but even I am shocked by the severity of this one. (The Parrot was right all along about this dip)
    If you have been stacking silver for years, hedge your bets with some gold.

18. Apollo

Apollo New Member

Hey I know, maybe we can get GP to start creating bogus trading threads, offering silver at a drastically reduced prices, then he can create a levy for those buying silver so sellers will need to reduce their price to attract sales... Then he can change the name of the site to "JPM silver trading company" and the transformation will be complete... :p

19. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver has always been the speculative play. Even at todays smackdown spot it's still had a stellar performance.

But sorry to guys that are Silver heavy but at the end of the day central Banks stack GOLD. It's Gold spot that is quoted every day on the news. And IMHO for Aussie stackers Gold is a fair price in a market full of overpriced crap.

20. 6adam7

6adam7 Member

what I kinda liked when I joined SS was that trading prices seemed kinda "fair"...The few deals Ive done with individuals have been at great prices with a fair premium, without being greedy, kinda like doin the righty by your fellow stackers because we are a little community arn't we?..and damn if that aint refreshing!!... and I look forward to doing that with my fellow stackers in the future - and karma is satisfied.

i mean everybody here detests and is outraged about how the markets are manipulated and rampant govern-mental corruption and its just not fair, and the whole f***** world is going down that drain at a supersonic rate of knots, and half of us are dreaming of Ag skyrocketing so we can can cash out with a house and some land away from the whole sh*tful mess....but do we really wanna be kinda contributing to it?..the whole mental mind state?, im talking about GREED......would we really be any different to the big shadowy bad guys?....doesnt seem like that to me - same sh*itful mess on a smaller scale...which is how we got into the big sh*itful mess!...I think its called compounding.

just my 2cents and maybe Im in la-la land and have had too many bongs, so dont stone me...