Annoyance at a dealer's conduct

Discussion in 'Silver' started by hungry_jono, May 4, 2011.

1. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

"that's cause apparently the price of silver is decoupling...there is spot price which is paper price, and real physical price..."

Supply and demand, if there is no physical avail, sellers will charge a huge premium... i don't see anything wrong with that. So the people pm'ing sellers complaining prices are too high...really.. who is twisting your hand to buy?..you know who you are :)
    Its really bad form cause I will probably not sell to you again. Say it in the sale thread. Don't PM and winge....

OR

you could get a 500gram MINTED pamp from ABC Sydney for $700. Thats $1400 per kilo, and its MINTED and damn they look nice.
    Last week before the drop people were buying 1kg pamps cast for up to $1500...so at $1400 for 2 sexy looking bars that's a friggen bargain...I'd be backing up the truck, but I got no fiat left :D

OR you could search feebay for my sale where I'm selling them at $800 a pop :D

PS: easily the best looking bars EVER....
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1107_pamp_500gram.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Online shop or not it is always a good idea to know what they have & when it will come a simple phone call gets the answers you need in a couple of minutes .Most onlins shops arent updated every sale so its nearly impossible for the site to be correct at all times

3. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Wish you hadn't done that. Now I'm going to have a hankering for those suckers -- particularly the way spot is dropping.

4. M85

M85 New Member

5. jparrie

jparrie Member

Are people really paying that much?

What were we saying about phones? lol. Actually, ABC have emailed me saying that the only wait is for PAMP 1Kg and ABC 5Kg.

So they should be in stock, go buy!

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

At least yours is coming!

I 'won' an buy-it-now for 500g of junk silver, seller had 10 Kg in stock according to the auction.

Paid and then got an email saying they were cleaned out and had sold all the silver and couldn't find my allocation as it must have been sold to someone else.

Spot was $44, I bought it for the equivalent of $41 then the price dropped to $38.

Not that I am worried about an extra 500g of dirty silver, and these things happen, but it took me a day of explaining the fundamentals again to my wife to convince her that this was a worthwhile deal. Now I get the money back, I assume, it isn't there yet and I have to start again, at least shiney metal is an easier sell!

7. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

last week they had them in stock...should call them and see :)

they do postage as well...from memory it was about 1% of total value in insurance + postage

edit: they arent selling at 800...i put it up there to see if there are any nibbles :)

8. Foos

Foos Member

I ordered from well know store 4 weeks ago. There were no notes of delays etc.

Emailed them a week later - they said they were onto it..

2 weeks from purchase : site starts saying "delays etc" - Re-email and get the reason "we had a train derailment -we should have them tomorrow

3 weeks from purchase - email again (no response)

4 weeks from purchase -email again (no responise)

4.5 weeks from purchase - advise in email due to lack of response I will be checking my options with Paypal to can the order.
    1 hour later - "It's been posted now"

This is from one of the biggest players/stores in bullion thats mentioned on here all the time.

Very poor form for my first purchase from them.

9. SilverBaron

SilverBaron Member Silver Stacker

Yes, dealer standards are slipping. I've had multiple accounts of dealers sending me the wrong items.

10. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

foos & silver baron i thought i was the only one to get stuffed around & sent the wrong stuff seems more common than i thought thats why ive taken to ringing them & talking to a real person & that has even proved to be a failure

11. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Not exactly a dealer problem...I've had problems with PERTH MINT themselves -_-

They stuffed up my order and it took me like 10 calls to 'fix' everything and my stuff still hasn't arrived :p

My book from Amazon I ordered last week came faster than my stuff from PM ordered a few days ago...sigh

12. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Generally id call you a winger (cause as long as its paid for its cool) BUT not in this case where the market is crazy volatile id call you right on the ball to be mad ! It means they have essentially locked you in without giving you the chance to do what is rightly your prerogative to sell tomorrow if the price rises by another 20% or drops by 20% to save losses.

Id complain and try to get my money back ....

13. millededge

millededge Active Member

when starting out with a wait, it is a bit nerve racking, especially with a correction, but once you have it in your hot little hands, it is yours

none of us can say exactly when the rubber ball will bounce again, but when it does, you will be holding it

silver is volatile and that takes a little getting used to

just imagine what it will be like when the bronco really bucks and the eta is 3 months

14. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I have been waiting over 6 weeks for my grizzlies from golddealer.ca. Who do you buy from?

15. Foos

Foos Member

received my item referred to above platinum express post.

I'd much rather it didnt' get to that point, as now I have to find another online seller :\

16. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Man - now THAT is one good lookin' chunk o' silver!!
    But i think i'll stick with the 1kg bars ... they're really sexy and better value