is it too late to invest in silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by investor555, Apr 11, 2011.

1. investor555

investor555 New Member

so im a beginner thinking about investing in some silver bars around 30-40oz's worth
    from what ive seen silvers been rising really fast. have i missed out and if i havent how long do you guys think it will rise for?
    im going to be buying from 'the perth mint' is it any good?

thanks

2. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

If you're worried about the possibility of prices falling after you make your purchase, I suggest buying your 30-40 ounces in lots of 5-10 in intervals that you feel comfortable with. Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.

3. investor555

investor555 New Member

im alright with the price falling after purchase its just that im worried that its too late to invest in silver.
    in your opnion how much should i buy when it comes to a beginner and am i too late to do it ?

4. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

It's never too late to diversify your investments, especially if you are investing for the long-term. I personally suggest allocating at least 10% of your portfolio to physical precious metals (gold, silver, platinum). I know others on this forum will tell you to put ever free penny you have into PMs. You have to do what is best for your situation. Personally, after covering my monthly expenses and contributing to my retirement account, emergency and savings accounts, I use whatever cash is left for metals.

5. investor555

investor555 New Member

great advice thanks heaps, im most likely going to keep money aside for other investments and the rest for PM's

6. Guest

Guest Guest

There's a very simple axiom I have concerning silver pricing.

Are dealers still willing to buy your paper fiat with real money? If the answer is still yes, then you're not too late to invest in silver.

We're talking about trading paper for silver. Paper!

Seriously though, silver will go through ups and downs but at the moment is still below previous highs and previous ratios to other metals. Bottom line is, we're getting it dirt cheap even at these prices.

I was a buyer at $15 and I'm still a buyer today.

7. Loxmyf

Loxmyf Member

The day that no one will sell you silver is the day you're too late.

Until then, have at it.

8. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

I know the silver PC here is to state that fiat is not money, sure it's just paper but we still need a trusted trans-active medium to exchange our labour for goods and that's been the dollar now for a long time. Apart from swapping your silver or your gold for other forms of PM's I know no better way than to use fiat. So fiat is still the currency trading benchmark. In the modern economy PM's are really just a wealth storage medium. Frankly, the thought of using one of my fav. Kooks for a tank of fuel for the car makes my stomach churn. Paper is a promise to pay for goods of value. Silver is a lovely shiny rare commodity that folk's will trade fiat for and hide away for a rainy day.

I totally agree with AUSPM regarding the current Ag price. It's dirt cheap. Keep trading what spare Fiat you have for it, there's no better investment IMHO.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]

This is the real value of fiat cash in the end.

It might have assumed trade value, but it's 100% reliant on trust & faith.

Once that is gone, there is no value to it other than to keep you warm.

Silver, Gold... both have intrinsic value that can never go to zero. I never has in all recorded human history.

I know where my faith lies.

10. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

King World news

So you need to decide if this is a bull market.

11. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

It's definitly a bull market - you need to decide if it is the start, middle or end of the bull market.

malachii

12. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVP9TOxnMVk[/youtube]
    get on board

13. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Yup I agree it's grossly undervalued but there's still no way I'm working for 5ozt per week. Taking into account historical GSR15 that is.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

You may have no choice Dynoman.

The debtor ideology of the modern age is designed to reduce the net worth of your labor to zero.

Between a looting government stealing your wealth through endless taxation (hidden and plain) and speculation further reducing the value of your paper wealth, you have no chance to avoid what's been in progress for some time now.

The rise of Gold, Silver and other commodities reflects the fact that currency debasement is well underway, but without substantial increases in wage inflation (we are actually seeing the opposite now), this is simply stage 2 of the market trying to reduce your value to that of a serf, or worse, a peasant.

Rampant inflation with stagnant or falling wage growth is the second stage booster rocket in the elite's attempt to put a stranglehold on society and wipe out the middle class.

Unless you plan on joining the debtor elite (and whilst the damaging social ramifications, yet alone social implications are, I'll begrudgingly admit, are a side consideration in making that conscious choice) you will join the ranks of the working class and watch you net worth continue to sink.

We are moving into the end game on our society as it currently stands. It's cyclic in nature and what lies ahead is something many won't want to contemplate, but will come to pass as a natural order of events.

I don't want to work for 5 ounces of silver per week either. I lament the current situation, but I understand why it's happening as well.

We simply have to be realistic about the fact that we have to throw more worthless paper chasing money and it won't get any better from here on in.

I just get what I can, whilst I can because every single ounce counts.

Right now, a single ounce of silver can buy about 25 kg of rice.

THAT is the way I look at this investment.

Not SHTF (although I think at some point, that will naturally come to pass) but rather, measuring your wealth in commodities vs commodities.

Your wages might warrant a value of 5 oz in silver per week 'only', but in that environment, how much buying power with 5oz of silver have?

Historically speaking, 5oz of silver bought you far more than it does today...

15. Ag-ness

Ag-ness Member

I don't have any problem being paid in fiat, for the time being. My $52 worth of silver was bought with $30 worth of fiat, and only a couple of months made the difference. I wouldn't sell a silver hoard for a whole lot of fiat, even in retirement. If the govt promises that a small thin rectangle of plastic is worth $50 and can be traded for $50 worth of silver, I'll take that bet! Soon, they'll insist the rectangle is still worth $50, but $50 worth of silver will be much smaller...

16. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

17. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If this guy is correct - then you're not too late at all and you'd be wise to buy all you can.
    If his prediction is wrong - then there's still some of the bull market to play out.
    If you're cautious go for a percentage of your net.
    If you're not, put every cent possible into PMs
    This guy is talking USA -but Australia is NOT different.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMMu0ID1yYI[/youtube]

p.s. he may also be a doomsdayer crackpot out to sell his DVD collection !

18. epoch

epoch New Member

He's usually right. But of course it makes it harder to believe when someone like this is trying to make money from DVD sales.

19. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes you'd think he would have a disclaimer - profits go to the kiddies or something. Pecuniary interests always slow down my acceptance of message.

20. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Yes shame on him fore trying to make a living :p

Mind you..... it do makes you wonder, at his age why does he even bother.