Your wish list

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Dusty, Apr 23, 2011.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

This was never circulated right? They must of had some type of presentation of the two (or more?) new $1 coin designs.. i actually rate this one but can see why the other was chosen.

At the time how would a regular citizen of got his hands on this puppy?

1for1

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Extra silver for the nose and ears, what's not to like!?

3. Boyo

Boyo Active Member Silver Stacker

Correct, never in circulation. The design was commissioned by the (then) Australian Coin Review.Andor Mezaros designed this as part of their push to have purely australian icons on our coinage.
    I think these were available through the magazine and Post Offices.They came in a case and were minted in London.

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

With or without Tasmania attached?

I was thinking about getting a map of Australia and attaching the local fosiking finds. I have gold specks I paned for in Kalgoorli but not'much else, thought about making the map in silver and embedding it but realised that I was just desperately trying to justify having 23kg of junk silver sitting around.

I think it would be a good way of value adding to the silver and upping the premiums a bit. Will you be doing lost wax or cuttlefish casting? They look like the most interesting techniques. I wanted to cast cutlery but couldn't find any molds.

But in answer to your question, not for me thank you, I don't wear jewellery and Redcliffe isn,t the sort of place you shout about!

5. Cimexus

Cimexus Member

Anything and everything since I've just started stacking (and indeed, my first order won't even arrive for weeks so I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on some silver).

Wouldn't mind any spare 2008-12 Series II Lunars people have sitting around. I've decided to buy them each year for the rest of the series but I'll obviously need the 4 back-years to get the whole set. Think I'll focus on 1 oz and 2 oz, though if I see a 10 oz at a decent price I'll snap that up too!

Yeah I know - boring. But I have basically nothing at the moment :)

6. Boyo

Boyo Active Member Silver Stacker

Your "Holy Grail",hotel 46

It really is all about the quest :)

Good luck!

7. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Lost Wax. I was thinking the necklace could be for men or woman. As far as a 1oz country shaped bullion, I'd pay a few bucks over spot for a US one.

8. Philski

Philski Member

i would like a 1938 silver proof crown. I know where one is, i just dont have 75K atm. a 1923 half pence and 1930 penny of course. a two-escudo doubloon and a partridge in a pear tree