Why does the media only ever mention Gold and NEVER Silver???

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Mike0770, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Mike0770

Mike0770 New Member

Then someone please explain to me why if ever silver gets a mention in the media IT IS ALWAYS IN A NEGATIVE TONE? Not once have i seen silver ever get mentioned in a positive tone from main street media even though silver has outpaced the returns of Gold over the past 5 years!

This is not a conspiracy theory, it is a DAMN FACT!

2. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Was hectic indeed. @_@

3. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

Probably because the people commenting on it have little understanding and even less interest in the topic and so gloss over it. They comment because it has had massive % increases they comment so little because the people who decide what's on don't understand/don't care and they think the majority of their viewers (probably correctly) share that view.

It's not a conspiracy theory they just don't give a crap and assume most of the people watching don't either so they gloss over it if they show it at all.

Please don't be offended by my posts they are meant in humour.

4. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

Silver is a small market and as smoothcriminal says - the media don't give a crap and I'm afraid most people don't either! - they may one day when they realise their paper money is worthless but lets face it, the majority of people in western countries have had it good for such a long time (unlike Asians) they just don't think ahead.

5. Bart

Bart New Member

Hey, I saw this, but did you notice the vision in the background of minted gold bars and then silver bars being poured, while talking about safe havens? ....but like you said , nothing but a breif mention of 'gold fever' in the commentary. Masonic code maybe??

6. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Mike0770..Yes I think 6that your are right in what you posted^.

Alan Kohler on ABC news...Silver suffered a massive fall of $2.65 today or 15%...(doesn't mention it has risen $5oz over the past 2 weeks.

Then when silver rises his comments are Silver went up 1% today.

Oh well I guess he makes his money on stocks...

Regards Errol43

7. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

mmmmmmm very interesting...stroking my chin (vision in the background of minted gold bars and then silver bars being poured) A message for those who are awake!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

This is a good thread!

Gold is perceived as safer, Silver, riskier. Whereas silver actually has a supply demand issue relating to its' industrial use, I consider gold and silver equally safe due to this reason. Plus I see silver has more zing to it, fundamentally speaking.
    And yes I'll say it again, I like holding gold in my hands more than silver. Though I buy silver over gold with a GSR around 40.