who's jealous of the bitcoin investors ?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by gemel, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

I admit. I'm jealous. Of Eskimos. Who live in society where money in greed are not important, but only smell of fish...

Still rather see BC or any other "people's currency" than banksters and banks. Much less evil was done by BTC.

Few weeks ago I've bought me one BTC "coin" which is of course not BTC. Any way. Those who trade with me or know me will maybe have clue why I've bought it (besides being made by "next" Liberty Dollar). Seller offered me than I can buy more of them - a roll, and trade them here, in our beloved Union. I didn't have money, so I've passed the deal............

Today I checked the price of one of the recent sales on feeBay (by other seller):
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221314625411?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I've paid for my coin around 40$, with shipping from US to here. I've also got one small American silver coin as a gift.

Above auction ended at around 140$.

I just few weeks my coin value basically tripled. I'm not saying it will go (only) up. It will probably go down someday.

But!

I think none of other coins appreciated so quickly of all those I have bought.

Now, I'm jealous of myself ("my alter ego"), because he had chance to get some nice roll.

2. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

The only thing that worries me about bit coin is, what if the internet goes down, how can you trade then?

With the USA having only 4% of the bit coin market, do you think that the US may try to bring the bit coin down by electronic means?

Be interested to hear any comment on this please.

Regards Errol 43

3. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"no internets.... eftpos is down"

4. Guest

Guest Guest

If bitcoin isn't in a bubble now then I have no idea what a market bubble is.

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

If the internet is down we will have far bigger problems than being able to trade bitcoins.

FAR bigger problems.

6. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well apparently the congress and the senate love it - i wonder why lol - now all the corporate bribes can be more secret than they are now. ;)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Would goldstackers unallocated be safe if they flipped the switch on the internet for a significant period of time?

8. goldpelican

Given the metal backing it is physically stored at our offices and a vault - should be :)

9. errol43

I have no doubt that if the internet went down there would be all kind of problems so how do you counter that..????

No ATM's etc, no banking , no electronic banking, no bit coins but what about silver and gold? If you hold it you can trade it.

Will I trade you toilet paper for gold and silver?. Actual fiat currency would be in short supply, so you have to trade in something.

Will I swap toilet paper etc for silver or bitcoin...I'll take the silver please.

Regards Errol 43

10. SilverJay

SilverJay Member

Not jealous - IMO, all I have read is it's looking like the genesis of a wider plan, some details aren't quite adding up currently. (Thats all I am going to say for now on that.)

Be wary of anything that unites millions of users financially without any opposition or sabotage from any dominant global power - especially when the chances were there in its infancy.

If your that frog in the pot right now, make sure your out before it boils.

11. beeteecee

beeteecee New Member Silver Stacker

I think it would be seriously disruptive to the bitcoin network indeed. However there are other ways to have an internet than the way this one works.

German hackers (CCC) had their own satellites in space a few years ago providing satellite internet, not sure what they've been up to since. Data can be transferred many ways - I read you can get very low speed internet through CB radio type devices. I also remember when home computers used cassette tapes for data storage. Apparently there were radio shows at the time where you could tune in, record the horrid screeching noises coming from the radio, and then play the cassette on your computer to enjoy the software that was broadcast to you.

Where there's a will there's a way. (maybe)

12. goldpelican

There's a niche market beckoning for packet radio bitcoin integration :)

13. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

You don't need fingers to count how many times the worlds power grid has been knocked out or the global internet has gone down.
    Most people don't focus on preparation for such a scenario for their own reasons. Just as their parents and grandparents didn't.

My physical silver does not exist when it comes to making a near instantaneous trades longer than the length of my arm.

Physical silver and gold are useless for many day to day trades in our modern society. That is part of the reason why Bitcoin is so popular.

If the world gets zapped "back to the stone age" for want of a better term, my silver and gold will shine, (if I survive the insult to the planet & providing I'm able to access my PMs as they are in a professional secure storage facility). Woopdy freaking doo

How far do you want to take the world catastrophe thing?. Stock Food/water/supplies to last 2 weeks?..2 months?6 years? ..20 years?.. how long do you suggest Errol?.
    Do you have substantial house on a mountain with an underground bunker.etc.etc..
    I know where one is in New Zealand. It is owned by Americans. I've flown over it. But what if disaster strikes and they are elsewhere on the planet, and the private jet fails them!!!. (if they have one?)

14. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Group buy on BitCoins......
    NOT! :)

15. Load of Bullion

Group buy? :rolleyes: Useful for metals but pointless for Bitcoins.

1) Bitcoins don't get cheaper if you buy them in bulk deals.
    2) You are not going to save on shipping costs-customs costs-dramas-laws/shipping risks- shipping insurance costs etc.

16. errol43

I cannot and will not state just what I have got..But I will say that I will be able to stand alone with my family a hell of a lot longer than most.

Regards errol 43

17. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm not jealous, I think Jordan's are becoming more popular than bitcoin

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Especially with songs like this (language warning)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbEoRnaOIbs[/youtube]

19. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Don't trust those new fangled bakelite telephones either :)

[​IMG]

20. Load of Bullion

Not even a time frame for 'survival preparedness'?.
    What insult/s are potentially going to bring down the global internet?
    Are these insults going to harm humans too?.
    Are you advising people to not purchase computer/internet consumer items?. Should they be focused on 'survival items' only?.

If people have computers and internet accounts regarding monetary flows, should everything be stopped now, due to risk?.
    Is there a point to putting time and energy into internet based resources, or is this a waste of resources?.

If you want to bring up survival post an insult to the earth that brings down the worlds internet infrastructure. What is the go then Errol?.