Who are the top three US online dealers in Oz lunar series I?

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by hermespan, Aug 1, 2015.

1. hermespan

hermespan New Member

After hours and hours of looking at the designs, mintages etc I have my Au wish-list down to a 7-coin shortlist. I'll work on the Ag list next.

But it is all academic. After another two hours I can't find hardly any sellers! Keep in mind that I find the series II ugly so I cannot be convinced to change my attention to the other series. And I don't care that they tend to be over-priced because I only buy what appeals to me aesthetically and that means, for the gold...

1. Goat 2003, 2 or 1/4 oz:$369 for latter at APMEX
    2. Monkey 2004, 1/2 or 2 oz: not available
    3. Dragon 2000, 2 oz: not available
    4. Snake, 2001, 2 or 1 oz: not available

APMEX has four others that I am marginally interested and Lynn in Tennessee also has five I am marginally interested in. But the most beautiful designs and non-standard weights - well none are on the market (ebay is another possibility but I dislike paypal and all their rules - I like to just put a money order in the mail)

APMEX, JM, Gainesville, Lynn and Provident have of the seven coins I really want, only one coin among them! I haven't been able to get to the next step which is best price. Clearly this is a seller's market, stock has been withdrawn during the current correction in PM spot or else everybody else shares my tastes. The talk that Perth Mint products are not in demand does not match my experience.

2. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Try german ebay.com.de

They have most /from time to time/ lunar coins which we are in Australia only can dream of.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Try eBay.com as well, but be prepared to pay thru your nose cos some of those coins you listed are quite rare and aren't always available.

4. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'll vote spam in this one

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I find the series II ugly so I cannot be convinced to change my attention to the other series

Really!

So you are a collector.

Best of luck. :)