The Trading Floor

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by hiho, Sep 29, 2011.

1. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

Bargains aplenty o'yonder :cool:

2. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Sooooooo many bargains to be had. Dragons galore.... :p

3. hiho

but where is this trading floor you speak of monkey ?:|

4. RetardedMonkey

The Trading Floor.
    Accessible only for SILVER STACKERS PREMIUM MEMBERS!
    For the low low price of only 1oz of silver!

Don't delay. Get in quick and become a premium member!
    The floor awaits you, young silver stacker!

5. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

Damn, thanks for reminding me >.< Meant to send it off about 3 weeks ago

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

:lol: hiho

That sounds like one of those ads they used to have on commercial radio years ago when the 2 male breakfast dj's would discuss how happy they were with the new washing machine they had just bought from "Thomson's Electrical" etc.

I knew those ads were bs. As if 2 blokes would discuss how happy they were with a washing machine they'd just purchased.

Unlike the Trading Floor though hiho, I've found it a fantastic source of discount silver and gold and recommend it to all my friends. :) Did you know it only costs an ounce of silver to access? And you get 12 months? And it cleans your clothes perfectly. You say what? Send the Pelican a message?

7. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm not sure if i'll get an honest answer here but is it really worth the 1oz of Silver? how often are deals posted?

If the 1oz is really just for a title i'm not going to bother.

8. RetardedMonkey

The deals being posted as of late are offering savings of more than an ounce.

9. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

I have been very disappointed to date with the Trading Floor. In the past day or so there's been some deals because GP asked for some, but other than these recent offerings there's only about one or 2 offers per month there. I'll be interested to see if the current spate of offers continues or dies down again in a day or two.

That said I paid my ounce to support the forum, as well as access the Trading Floor. The former I am comfortable with, the latter has not proven worthwhile.

10. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

Yep, this !

11. mmm....shiney!

Not often enough unfortunately when I do have fiat to burn :(

12. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

It also increases the number of trades you can do a month - from 10 to 20.

I'm pushing advertisers to start offering more special offers in the Trading Floor. I've offered $1000 discount on an ASE monster box previously that was taken up by a member - now that was an ounce well spent.

13. Aureus

Thanks for the replies :)

I haven't been around that long but if I'm honest I have had to deal with my fair share of unfriendly people so I probably don't see this forum like some of you older members do. I think steps need to be taken to quell some of the issues here before I am happy to say thanks with my wallet. An ignore feature is really needed in my opinion because we're a mix of bulls and bears and as a result discussions can get heated.
    Having said that I have met some great people as well, not trying to harp on the negatives because the forum can be the best around when everyone is acting like adults.

Anyway I'll see how things go, the moment it clicks that I'm really enjoying my time here I'll not hesitate to send a coin.

14. Aureus

My posts are perfectly fine and often educational, some people would have made or saved money if they listened to what I had to say instead of biting my head off. There are too many personalities and opinions around here, "the masses" couldn't give a stuff, they'll post what they want regardless and it's time those who run this site acknowlege that.

Just a brief history of the crap I have had to deal with since joining.

First day I was able to trade I got a couple members saying the price was too high and that the rounds I was selling were poor and nobody here would buy them, brilliant start and welcome that is :rolleyes:
    Within my second week of being a member I was accussed twice of being a scammer simply because I had no trade feedback and since then I have had to deal with a handful of permabulls who will attack anyone with a level head, going as far as emailing me I might add.
    I'm not going to pretend this site is a shining light of perfection just because the admins read what I have to say, the truth is this, things need to be addressed to make browsing here more enjoyable. For a site this large it is silly not to have moderators and an 'ignore' feature, blaming your members for acting inapropriatly while not putting in steps to prevent it is silly.
    The moment the bitching stops and the fixes roll in I will be more than happy to "thank" those who run the forum. Great site with great people that is being held down by a few fixable things.
    I am not alone, my Cousin and neighbour no longer visit due to the increase of hostility.

15. hiho

I'll have that man in the trenches next to me please :cool:

16. wilkes

wilkes Member

Are you a member of any other forums? This place is about as respectful as they get!!

Obviously it's not perfect, but what did you expect from regular people and the internet? No offense intended but you shouldn't be holding admins to ransom when they are probably slaving away behind the scenes as it is! Enjoy this place, ignore negativity and support those that support you. :)

17. hiho

I can understand why a new comer may not see the value in donating 1 oz of silver to silver stackers. However after being here for a month or two I was running out of trade threads on a regular basis. I then discovered the quantity of trade threads increased considerably via Silver Stacker membership. I considered the fees (up to 10%) I was paying on sales through eBay v the profit made and concluded I could actually sell for less at Silver Stackers and still make a profit. So a win win for Silver Stacker members and me of course :)
    I don't owe Silver Stackers any favours and I certainly am not affiliated but I do see the value in a membership if you are a keen seller and also as others have alluded to be part of a greater community, yes littered with some undesirables, but hey those people exist in everyday life, so if you're a little insensitive then maybe this place isn't for you.
    The founder of this forum has a philosophy he's trying to uphold and most suggestions of improvement go against this philosophy, we just trust his judgement of who should come and go from this forum.

PS there is also a reporting feature on the first post of each thread where you can lodge complaints :cool:

18. mmm....shiney!

Geez roman, you've been a member for 2 months and you've noticed an increase in hostility in this forum????

That is about the 10th post I've read since joining, bemoaning the degradation of this forum - yet I see no evidence. Granted, it wasn't obviously a fairytale start to your membership but many of the complaints about the behaviour of others and how this forum has descended into a shit fight have been from members who haven't been around long. Just chill mate and don't take things personally. It's sad in a way to see members leave because they're upset by the way others have treated them - but we're not married to each other so we should leave the emotional shyte aside. Not saying you do that mate - but to all those who get upset because someone said "bum" or "poo" or "renovator really is a jerk" :cool: , just harden up a little. Get yourself an avatar with balls - I know that helped me be stronger and able to deflect the personal attacks. :)

Anyway, the Trading Floor is an interesting issue. I would have thought there would have been more offers available, particularly from site sponsors, but on reflection, the site sponsors already provide a service (for which they get a return), so like others here - my donation of a crappy 1 oz Maple was just that, a donation to help keep the forum going.

19. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

I can see both sides, but I think the best point either of you make is when you say "This place is about as respectful as it gets"
    Sure, people will always disagree with me or you or anyone else, but I don't see the childish name calling, personal attacks nor my personal peeve, spelling sheriffs here that you'll find almost everywhere else. Even the one guy that loves to bust my balls does it in as respectful manner as I could expect. No place is perfect, no ONE is perfect, but SS stands out amongst the crowd BIG TIME!

20. Au.Ag.Mzch

Au.Ag.Mzch New Member

An ignore feature already exists: simply don't respond when you know that things are getting out of hand.

I'm sorry to hear that you've received some not-so-friendly comments. It takes a certain level of maturity from everyone to know when to back off and let things cool down, especially if you passionately feel that you're in the right at that particular moment. It's fair enough to feel offended by ppl's comments if they're directed at you, and in this case it may be worth communicating through PM or otherwise to the other party how those comments upset you, and letting them decide if they'll apologise or not. I'm sure that in many cases the offending party hasn't deliberately intended to offend you - I've found that an explanation of what you thought was said and how it impacted you is enough to get things clarified, apologies said and things get cleared up, then moved on. It's when we don't communicate our grievances when they're small that they then fester and resentment builds up.

Honestly I'm not that attached to defending my posts to get into a slinging match with someone who I've never met and would otherwise have nothing to do with them if it weren't for the common interest in PMs.

As my pastor put it recently, "...an apology doesn't necessarily mean that one party is right and the other is wrong. It can simply mean that you value the relationship (or in this case, SS and PMs) more than your differences."