The process of 'waking up'

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Dabloodymess, Oct 8, 2012.

1. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+100 Morality is not a function of money/wealth although wealth gives people a chance to pontificate, question and change the morality of their existing culture. Taking one of my childhood meme's starving Ethiopian's didn't kill and eat their children, neighbours, random trespasser etc.

2. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

Invest in a rental property that has a longer shower curtain than yours, swap them, and let your tennants worry about it. :lol:

3. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Yes, sorry about that. I thought to explain further, but really didn't have time for a "deep and meaningful". I was struck by this saying last week and it really applies to the process of waking up from one's deluded thoughts, for instance, an erroneous view of government being the benevolent supporter of human endeavour.

In this saying from Sekito Kisen, I see implied, as others have said now, that when one is awake and understands the broader context of the confronting issues whose origination and outcomes never seem to be consistent with ones school induced view of the world, then one loses their anger and frustration because expectations better approximate reality. So when you become as the vast sky, with a clearer and broader undertanding of the field of your existence, then the events and outrages taking place around you are like floating clouds, transient but expected.

That's Zen for you, simplicity as the height of expression.

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No, No, No... you just Jack the house up until the bottom of the bathtub touches the shower curtain.

5. DanDee

Wouldn't that raise the top of the curtain as well? I think it would be much easier to just lower the ceiling.

6. DanDee

Maybe you should commission me to do a study on the most effective method of solving the problem of the curtain being short. ( it will be long enough by the time you get a result)

7. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I think thats whats called a feasability study ? funny thing about those studies is even though theres been 4 solutions the study will still be done to see the best way to do it. Its all to hard to pick the one with the most commonsense.

My no 5 answer is .. buy the correct length curtain .. :D

8. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Try putting the curtain on your window.

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

It should be long enough for two if you use boneyards extra set of rings :)

10. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The problem is at the bottom.

The answer is at the top.

Edward de bono.

Lateral thinking.........

Enjoying the thread until posters start taking strips from other posters.

Problem, reaction, solution.

This is what THEY want you to do.

People who visit this forum SHOULD be above this In house fighting,.

Thanks........

11. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Whew renovator. I'm glad to see your still here. Have a drink for me will ya :D

Kind Regards
    non recourse

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Good point Claw. I have tried to put this point on the table but it gets brushed aside, along with the other stereotype assumptions.

Thing with Reno is that I can practically surmise his philosiphy in one sentence - You cannot beat the system, so why not just join it and get your slice of the pie too?

In the context of a forum which makes a habit of continually pointing out the criminal activity and injustice of a system built to rob us, I find it annoyingly hypocritical that such attitudes still persist in a place like this and in a number of cases are cheered for.

Half the forum is dedicated to uncovering the criminal nature of the system & the other half is dedicated to discussing the best ways to exploit it and that's the ugly truth of the SS community that people can't seem to admit to.

Reno is absolutely right in that we are different people - right down to our core.

It's not a question of jealousy, inability or any such inane dismissal as he'd like everyone to believe, but rather a question of the fundamental nature of why I became a stacker at all and in the context of this thread discussing the 'awakening' process.

As such, I honestly don't ever expect Reno and I to see eye to eye as he represents that ideal which I personally despise, but thinks within himself represents a noble trait.

13. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

That's not the way I look at it.

Yes, there are many things that we have that come from historical tradition which are morally bankrupt.

But also, we are in a period of great flux. Everything is up in the air as to where society goes from here.

There are 2 simultaneous ways to approach this imo
    1) Point out the immoral and unethical aspects of the current system, so as many people can understand them as possible and hopefully will lead to better systems being established
    2) Use your knowledge to try and get in on the action. And by that I mean, that in times of great change there is a lot to be made if you can bet on the right horse. That's just how it is. People like us have spent countless hours studying it for no money, mostly because it is what interests us and we want to see a better society. Why not put the knowledge to good personal use? It's in the voluntary domain so I don't see an issue. And we are helping others benefit as well, so it's not completely selfish. That's what community is about.

14. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I think that sums up your frustration in 1 sentence.

15. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

"Since I stopped watching the news I haven't been blown up by one terrorist, I guess what you don't know really can't hurt you!"
    - you can't be serious Jislizard.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I think it would be short sighted to assume this is the frustration of myself alone.

Maybe I'm simply living in the nostalgic past, but I do recall SS never being so bi-polar in it's past as it is now.

It's still definitely the #1 silver and gold trading forum I'm aware of, but on the other discussion points I think I might need to find a new outlet where it's not so investment / profit driven oriented.

If anyone can recommend an alternative forum, please PM me.

Thanks.

17. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

I think you will find that most people in this forum either learns, invests or trades precious metals to earn a future profit or protect their wealth (which is an investment), I do not see what's so bi-polar about it as without the investing aspect, why buy precious metals in the first place?

If you want a forum of morality and ethics: http://bibleforums.org/forum.php

18. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^ Hem9 +1 RE primary investment orientation of this forum not to mention the "survivalist" side of things which is mostly in the p. members area.

BTW that link is too funny. I think aus is a teeny-weeny bit past that sort of forum. :lol: