The Great Silver Debate - Manipulation: Fact or Fiction? - GATA vs. CP

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by hiho, Oct 23, 2011.

1. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hnIqE1_ZGU[/youtube]

2. Nukz

Nukz New Member

The guy from GATA comes across as not the best speaker in this debate, i'm really not surprised all GATA's information about this supposed employee seems to be all second-hand.

The other problem is GATA admits they have substantial contributions from mining company's.

The whole debate seems abit bland, GATA makes allot of claims that refer to a 3rd party or a news article and even wikileaks cables. On the other hand CPM do not offer much reason for manipulation not occurring rather they appear to argue that this is simply the business of banking/finance(which is true) but i think they forget the charge is manipulation of the market rather than simply profiting from the market.

They really need them both to show documentation ect of there claims

3. Perak

Perak New Member

Jeff Christian facts and performance is faultless, compared to the raging Bill Murphy.
    Can anyone answer the point when Jeff states the supposedly whistle blower never really worked at where he claims to be?

4. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

I agree, watching this debate makes me wonder about GATA and I will double check the facts they release before blindly accepting information as fact.

5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It was back in March, 2010 at CFTC hearings in Washington that expert testimony was given by C.P.M. Group Chairman, Jeffrey Christian where he explained,
    Precious metals are financial assets - and like currencies, T-Bills and T-Bonds they trade in paper at a multiple of a hundred times the underlying physical.

JC put up the equation above.

So we ask, if they are the same, they can not be different then. PM = Currencies = T-Bills and T-Bonds. All are financial assets.

Then we ask, does government intervene in the currencies market?
    does Government go in to sell T-Bills and T-Bonds?
    Then what make you think that government does not buy and sell gold?
    (if there is, I never seen one-> there is no such thing as a black swan)

If government does not trades gold, then how do you JC come to the equations above?

6. pmbug

pmbug Active Member