Skeleton, Skulls

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by just me, Sep 17, 2016.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

OC. Yeah, who really knows, but they've carried this system on for a long, long, long time, when many thought it should have collapsed years, and years ago. One thing is for certain, however, never in history has there been this many fiat currencies, backed by nothing accept faith.

I can't wait to read Ralph Terry Foster's book on Fiat Currencies. I also purchased God Wars. Fun stuff for sure.

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

The one thing the EU, USA, and so on have not done and in my view are certain to do, is to follow Japan and print in the zillions/quadrillions and buy ALL shares and bonds on offer in the markets.

That will stabilize the markets for a time, until all that cash tries to find a home. It will find it's way into the hands of the people somehow.

Then watch out!

OC

3. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

It is hard to know the future. I am of the belief that all this money printing cannot go on forever and has to end badly. The question is how long can it go on for? To that one, I have no answer as it may go on beyond my lifetime. When I look around at the options I can't help but feel that precious metals are a good investment option. Although, I can think of many scenarios where that will not be the case. Some of which were mentioned above.

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I preface this by saying that I certainly don't know for certain but.......how many times over the last several decades have preppers made dire predictions about the end of days / SHTF USD collapse....and they've been wrong? Every time....probably millions of times wrong cumulatively.

Maybe on the trillionth wild guess, a prepper will finally get lucky and get it right....I don't know, but I'm just saying preppers have a really bad track record in terms of predictions.

That said, there is a good argument that can be made in one saying "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst." If preparing for the worst doesn't amount to a huge opportunity cost for someone, then I suppose no harm no foul, and therefore keep on stacking high to the sky my prepper friends.

5. FirstCoinCompany.com

FirstCoinCompany.com New Member Silver Stacker