Silver / Gold for SHTF

Discussion in 'Silver' started by ProspectorJim, May 18, 2015.

1. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is that Skyrocket practicing his SHFT survival skills?

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

People wouldn't just walk up to your house if they had intent to rape/rob you and wouldn't approach at a time when you could easily see them in order to show off your immediate newfound expert long distant rifle skills.

3. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

I made a good bit though an investment with a guy who bought german milsurp ex conscript gear by the pallet and sold it as individual pieces. He made a villa in Spain from it.

I think it is kinda funny, like consumer electronic gaming peaks and troughs doomerism/survivalism/'prepping' has quite a long business cycle of about 10 years so about 1019 the hoards will again be primed to rush out and buy milsurp they have no real use for and play dress up pretend soldiers because of nuclear winter/global warming/asteroids/millennium bugs/malyan calendars/pole shifts/aliens/nwo/lizards.

No one stops to consider the global economy continued at the height of WW2 and the cold war. Greed and need is pretty indestructible.

I have seen two fairly intense regional conflicts first hand and the main thing I've learned is the very best plan is a plane ticket to somewhere else less intense with nice weather while you can , valid travel papers and enough money to buy a nice iced drink to celebrate when you get out the airport at the other end. And never ever volunteer for anything. All this milsurp and escape and evasion BS is useless to civilians and will never ever be used and is incredibly useless to the buyers who crave it most, a bit like sight aimed pistol shooting in warzones. I'd rather be on a beach with a cold drink than a bunker or shitting in a hole. Even funnier are the ones who think living like a dark ages peasant is the best way forward for humanity....

Deep down I think the shtf mob really know this....they just want an excuse to buy daft boy toys and play soldier in a nice safe way.

Skyrocket will be fine in all hand trembler situations anyhow. The time traveling aliens read his posts and will come and collect him and his stack.

The most ridiculous Ebola 'products' people are trying sell on the Internet
    http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...ts-people-are-trying-sell-on-the-internet.htm

That nude guy is what will happen if leon1998 is margin called on his pocket money someday.

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When it all unfolds.. I wanna be this guy :p
    [​IMG]

5. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

6. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

True. Would need to buy night vision goggles.

Don't get me wrong because I am not saying that it is safe to survive in country acreage property in a SHTF scenario. I am just saying that I think it would be safer then suburbia and I've given some reasons why I think that. But nowhere is really safe in a SHTF scenario and I hope it never happens. I bought that acreage to go for holidays on weekends and also to escape to in a SHTF scenario. But the main reason I got it was in case of SHTF and I think there be many people out there doing that.

7. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

IF we have a SHTF scenario, I think it's worth having other things instead of just metals. People are more likely to exchange goods for goods than metals for goods. SHTF may coincide with worldwide currency collapse or fluctuating currency values, so if you go to a shop/person with an ounce or whatever, how is the value of the gold determined? You and your family might be starving, you go somewhere and say "I need a loaf of bread and a bottle of water for my family, how much of this oz I need to give" and he/she answers "the whole oz" What are u going to do? everyone who has essential items will be just as unscrupulous. In a true SHTF scenario I wouldn't consider metals an essential. Food, water, family/community and shelter would be. Metals will serve you better after SHTF unless total desperation requires you to offload it during.
    Doing something as simple as planting fruit/nut trees in your backyard would help now and in the event of SHTF. Personally I don't know why people don't have now, trees don't cost that much.

8. StackyMcstackington

StackyMcstackington New Member

Do people really believe in SHTF situation where the world will just collapse and it will be every man for himself like a zombie apocalypse? Incredible

9. Porcello

Porcello New Member

I believe in zombies! I become one when I go to work.

10. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

People are stacking silver to fight off the inevitable vampire hoards.

11. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Thank you for restoring my faith in the broader intellect of PM holders.

It is frankly disturbing to read people writing about fantasies of opening fire on complete strangers without good reason for approaching their property. No one who thinks like this is safe to own a gun in my opinion.

Living in fear based on this global doomer junk is insane.

Explain me this dommer/shtf people
    Napoleonic wars the global economy did not collapse
    WW1 The global economy did not collapse
    WW2 The global economy did not collapse
    Cold War the global economy did not collapse

Concepts like TEOTWAKI (the end of the world as we know it) or PAW (post apocalyptic world) are for nutjobs.

Don't you get this is just marketing to get you to buy stuff?

Do you really want to commit yourself to living and making decisions based on fantasy nightmare scenarios?

12. Skyrocket

Well, if a SHTF scenario or breakdown of society happens, even civil wars fall into this category, the people that prepared for it will be way better off then all the people who didn't. Good luck if it happens and if it does one could say the preppers will have the last laugh.

13. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Why not just leave and spend a year or two abroad?

Why get into shooting people?

In civil wars people die randomly. There is no way to 'prepare' for that. Just have to stump up and get on with it. Buying loads o shite won't change that. A plane ticket might.

14. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ask a Cypriot. As to a belief in zombies, you have answered your own question.

15. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Sammy what you said there makes no sense. (Cyprus). Having a small armoury and a well prepared fruit garden, a selection of camo and water filters? What is that supposed to do for you?

I don't see what all the buying stuff is meant to solve. There are good reasons for some to own PMs this apocalypse shite is not one of those reasons.

Why not leave if things are so bad that you are living in a collapsed society shitting in a hole?

16. Skyrocket

If SHTF came here why would people in Australia want to leave the country if this place is blessed with vast amounts of land? It is not heavily overpopulated like MOST other countries in world. When SHTF hit in countries like Syria, Iraq, ect people there felt they could only leave their country for safety but that is not necessary here. And don't give me this crap that nothing like that could ever happen in Australia. If there is a world war 3 of course it (nukes) will come here because Oz has it's nose so far up US ass. Those that have invested in a country retreat to flee to will be better off then those that are stuck in suburbia.

Preparing for this possible future event is much like reason why some/many people stack PM's. Prepardness.

17. 10ozhound

10ozhound Active Member

0825 AEST an Electro magnetic pulse sweeps the globe.

Plane ticket, PMs or guns?

18. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

metals would be worth NOTHING in a true SHTF scenario, you cant eat it, you cant use it to get food it is a lump of metal that would be dead weight, you need guns ammo, alachol, tobacco, food, water, more guns and ammo, even things like disposable lighters would be worth more than an ounce of gold in a true SHTF scenario

19. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For a SHTF scenario having a remote country acreage would make you, and your family, a sitting target when people get hungry. If you want to see how ugly things get in a short period just look at recent natural disasters. Looting, rape, murder, ... all follow very quickly.

A remote acreage will only delay the inevitable unless you have considerable means to defend it.

20. Skyrocket

You fight to protect what you got. Much better then being in suburbia with all the desperados and marauders passing just meters from your house. Also, in a SHTF scenario fuel will quickly dry up so people on a remote acreage will have far less of this problem.