shenyang mint 2017 panda lunar cock china coin Medal

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by lucklymoney, Jun 10, 2016.

1. lucklymoney

lucklymoney Member

shenyang mint 2017 panda lunar cock china coin Medal
    silver proof:499
    silver Antique:99
    gold:19

this is Cock pic.this is same 2015 panda lunar goat design.

[​IMG]
    Source:

2. Bosse68

Bosse68 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When will this be released?

3. lucklymoney

lucklymoney Member

Sales would make appointments within this month.

4. sgcoins

sgcoins Member

I do really like this design, love to get a graded PF70

5. lubi29

lubi29 Member

Have we got 2 different design for lunar panda cock,rooster medal? It's silver , 60grams ? Can somebody clarify?
    Thanks

6. lucklymoney

lucklymoney Member

The Shenyang Mint indeed released two different versions.

7. perfulator

perfulator Member

Lucky, Lucky... what is your purpose of all your actions the last days after the designs for the rooster Lunar Panda went public? You publish a cock that you claim is the real Lunar Panda and Barsenault/Andy's Rooster is just a copy of something. Still after Barsenault published the signed contract of the Lunar Panda on the CCF, you go on claiming this. Now you change it to both being official Lunar Pandas? What nonsense is that??? An established series that suddenly get 2 versions from 2 competing promoters? Of course it's technically possible, but still nonsense. Maybe I should make a Photoshop and make claims too?

Well, you have made a lot of claims in different forums. "This is the only official Lunar panda", the Barsenault/Andy version is copycat and so on. Yet the only official document I have seen is the signed and stamped contract Barsenault/Andy have from the mint. Until you show the signed and stamped contract, until you actually take preorders, I regard this as just empty words.

This is not the only thing I find curious from your last days actions. The same day the Lunar Panda design went public, you announced a continuation of the Endangered Animal series from a couple of years back. Now you suddenly find it is better to change it to a Panda only series and have prepared a photoshop to release the same day. So in other words, you needed a series that could compete but changed it to Panda to compete better. That is fine, and I like your design, but by having this prepared to be published the same day only tell me you are more interested to stir than to promote your own two new series. Ever seen two blockbusters being released the same day??

By your actions it's clear to me you have an hidden agenda here, and that your sole purpose is to make trouble for Barsenault/Andy and the Lunar Panda Series. You seem to have a complete lack of confidence in your own series when acting like this. I expected better business conduct and smartness from a big reseller/distributor like you. It's clear you let your emotions run on turbo speed and that is not a good recepy for a successful business. Maybe you are not used to having competitors and how to handle competition, but then I can just say welcome to real life.

So Lucky, maybe you can show us a signed and stamped contract for the cock one day. Maybe even the Endangered Panda series. Maybe you start taking preorders.. But am I impressed with how you have handled this? Not at all

8. TasmaniaChrismy

TasmaniaChrismy Member

I don't think it is a good design... it looks more like a peacock to me and all the gold nuggets underneath make it too non-artistic...
    Maybe the Panda Goat is a cartoonist concept, then follow by real image of Monkey and subsequently Rooster?

Perhaps the Goat designer should be the one to grab hold on so that we can have a lovely consistent lunar Dog....

Just my 2 cents.

9. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Lest we forget:

1: Lucky sponsored or co-sponsored (with unnamed parties) the 2015 Shenyang Mint Panda Lunar Goat Medals.

2: Lucky sponsored or co-sponsored (with unnamed parties) and his protges the 2016 Shenyang Mint Panda Lunar Monkey Medals.

3: The erstwhile protges apparently are now sponsoring a set of 2017 Shenyang Mint Panda Lunar Rooster medals.

4: Lucky states that he is sponsoring a 2017 Shenyang Mint Panda Lunar Cock medal set.

In this time of flux I suggest that the viability of this medal series is contingent on the maintenance of civil discuss and fairness of commentary. Acrimony and public attacks may lead to similar repercussions still being experienced by the Pagoda medals.

Enthusiasts can paradoxically damage the reputation of their favorite item.

Let's take a step backwards and allow issues of which most of us are not even privy to, to play out naturally, so as to reduce collateral damage to the medal series.

10. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

The sketch of the 2017 Panda Lunar Cock medal that is being sponsored by Lucky has similar design features as the 2015 medal. One of the reasons why the 2016 Panda Lunar Monkey (?obverse) design looks different is that it tried to reproduce the image of real monkeys consequently restricting artistic freedom.

The 2017 Panda Lunar Cock design proposal referred to above actually radiates vibrancy and character. It looks lively and conveys the impression of a family that feels secure with the cock encircling the members within its wingspan implying protection. Being a lunar medal the abundance of traditional coinage in the background probably implies wishes of good fortune.

It is quite a complex artwork that requires repeated inspection to tease out its component parts and how they complement each other. I am still coming back to look at it from time to time.

11. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

looking forward to seeing the minted piece in Nov.

12. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

A somewhat similar approach for depicting lunar animals on coins and medals was used for the 2016 Chinese Lunar II Series colorized Monkey silver and gold coins. These where designed and produced by the Chinese Government Mints thereby granting credibility to this art form. I'll try to attach an image of the silver coin (from public domain sources). Quite a number of mainstream respectable mints have used this design technique for coins and medals.

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/15853_2016_china_colorized_1oz_silver_lunar_monkey_coin.png][​IMG][/imgz]

13. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Attached are additional examples of lunar animal medals in keeping with the design presented above by Lucky (abstracted from wg's posting at CCF http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=8879.msg74629#msg74629). These medals are part of the gold panda Prestige set. Again, serious mainstream coins and medals with animal depiction in ways that depart from the traditional pose and lines.

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/15853_colored_prestige_set_silver_lunar_medals.png][​IMG][/imgz]

The two competing 2017 Shenyang Panda Lunar medals present interesting design contrasts. How well the drawings are translated unto the medals remains to be seen. Hopefully sometime this year we shall all get to see them!

14. lucklymoney

lucklymoney Member

Indeed this has two different versions. I think this can be improved even more fierce competition of the zodiac panda.

15. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Mr. Peter Anthony said that the next edition of his highly successful Panda coin book shall include the lunar Panda medals.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=12687.msg75103#msg75103

That probably means the 2015 and 2016 medals; the book may be out before release of the 2017 medals.

This will definitely increase awareness of these medals amongst Panda coin collectors and other readers of the book. It also enhances the status of the Panda Lunar Medal series.

16. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Lucky says that the 2017 Panda Lunar Cock/Rooster medal shall be released on or shortly before December 30, 2016.

17. Bobbie

Bobbie New Member

There seems to be quite a lot of discussion on the Shenyang minting of lunar pandas. It really is not that complicated. I have bought from both Lucky and Andy in the past. I have found both sellers to be fantastic. I have never had a problem in my dealings with the two of them. That being said, who or what is the true lunar panda series. To my way of thinking, the only lunar panda series going on right now from the Shenyang Mint is the series that started in 2015 with the goat, continuing with the monkey and rooster. There is no other series. End of story. There is a three year track record, same boxes, coas, and the look is pretty consistent year to year. If you look at these 3 medals side by side, no question it is one continuous series. It is true that 2015 has the more cartoonish look than the more recent releases, but I think that just adds to the uniqueness of the series. Has the other series started yet? what is the track record? What years are out? I think Lucky has plans for a new series, but what is it? Does anyone here think that back dating a series is good? Sounds ludicrous to me. I was born in the year of the horse. I have to wait until 2026 till my medal is minted. Maybe I can ask Andy & Bob if they could hurry up and do a 2026 horse for me next year. Stupid idea huh? Food for thought

18. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes: no likely to be happening to mint 2026 horse within 2017 or much before. Shenyang mint very strict on it.