Sell now...Buy next year?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by TheEnd, Nov 15, 2013.

1. SilverJay

SilverJay Member

Ha! I cant believe Im going to say this, truly, but I will push through it for you... hold on though - it might be a revelation.

No-one needs to buy from other members on this site to have Gold or Silver.

There - I said it. I hope you learn not to be so provocative next time.

2. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

edited for language

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fixed it for you! No one knows what the price will be next year, you seem quite certain about it based on predictions made by someone else. If this person is so good at making predictions, why is he telling you about them?

4. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well i'm sick of being led up the garden path by Schiffy, Rogers, Mannarino and all the rest of them........Armstrong appears to be the smartest of them all? At the moment anyways?

5. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Buy at 400 $?

Gosh, do you think it will drop that low?

6. goanna

goanna Member Silver Stacker

I don't 'cause don't have a dog.

7. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I said 400 less than the 1300 it is now mate.....thats alotta doh per ounce......Not to far off 50% price reduction?

8. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

But, what if Schiff, Rogers, Mannarino and all the others who are effectively saying the same thing, and the one guy called Armstrong is wrong?

What if, instead of dropping $400 in January next year, it goes up by $400?

You have to realise something mate, these "predictions" are just that, predictions based on what the person making it sees as likely to happen in the future.

They can be wrong, they can be right.

What do you think? I asked you this very same question on roughly the same topic in another thread some weeks ago... listen to all the "evidence", analyse it in your own mind, formulate an opinion, then a plan, and execute it.

If you really truly don't want to do that, and simply want to listen to "advice", you should drop me a PM. I have a bridge for sale, and it's going cheap ;) (a joke, but I hope the "lesson" in the joke reaches you) :)

9. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Yes very true...... We can only make our own predictions on the knowledge of the so called 'experts'? I love Mike Maloneys new history of money vids but I have been burned once already..... I will do my best to not get burned again....... End of day 'no one' really knows what The Fed and the USG are going to do everytime a problem occurs!

10. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But only in US$.

The price in A$ could be totally different.

11. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well yes but i am still learning about that stuff everyday......I stcik to USD prices to keep it as simple as possible.

12. OneDay

OneDay Active Member Silver Stacker

Keeping it as simple as possible often misses some very important things... like the fact your not buying in USD your using AUD and the fact there's a currency war going on so ignoring what the AUD/USD could do is missing a very important little detail.

13. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As OIC Awesome having spoken to some of the elite who actually set the prices through manipulation, they said you are on the wrong track there will be an increase followed by a dip and then another increase.........

I should not have told you that but now at least you have the correct information :)

14. The Road Home

The Road Home Member

Sciff, Sinclair and others..........and Armstrong are all saying the same thing, no debate there. Were they differ for me is Armstrong tells you when to buy and it isn't now, he has no vested interest as opposed to Sciff, Sinclair etc who advocate you purchase right now. I'm sure you know they sell Gold for a living so scaring people is their mantle. They have been singing the same song for some years now. Armstrong has been correct on so many levels and Major Price Drops especially.

I like listening to these people, their doom and gloom. Although the world according to them was supposed to end last year and we should be crying now due to hyperinflation....or did I miss it.

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nothing has changed...its got worse.

No one can predict an exact time when the stovckmarket will crash or when the USD takes a dive.

Is the market breaking new highs? ... Yes.

Do the Price Earnings ratios reflect strong companies with good earnings? ... No.

Is the Bond market turning too poo? ... Yes.

Is The Fed printing money hand over-fist? Yes.

If they stop printing how will the US pay their bills? ... They can't!

Timings???

No one can predict when things will turn turtle so...imo...it's best to consolidate by having metal.

Sure...you can play the market and... you can "probably" make some money...but entering a "hot" stockmarket is dangerous especially if you do not have the capacity to rebuild your wealth due to age or other circumstances.

Take care. :)

H

16. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

If gold goes to $800 sammy, silver might go to $10.

17. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Question

If the gold price collapses, will you be able to buy physical gold?
    Maybe yes.
    Maybe it will not be hard to buy, but hard to sell.

18. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Yes...you will be able to buy the gold but if there is a lot of people doing the same thing, then be prepared to wait several weeks to receive it.
    This is what happened on the last run-up in price.

19. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I think that if golds going up people buy, but if its going down people sell.
    Lots of silver for sale at the moment, for instance.

If there's economic collapse, USD up:means AUD down and gold down in Usd and probably less so in Aud.
    So does holding gold while waiting for the collapse make sense?
    Better to buy just after the collapse?

20. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

I wouldn't be so sure on that call of "Yes, you'll be able to buy it, just be prepared to wait weeks".

Consider the big dip earlier this year, in India, the population went craz buying gold. At the end of the day (let's ignore the reasons for this, because it wasn't a direct correlation), the Indian government sets up rules to tighten the import on gold.

Had those two events been closer together in time, if the demand for physical was in excess of in-country supplies, you wouldn't be able to buy (or, at least, not in the primary market, and the secondary market would possibly include a premium so high that it would negate the lower spot price).

Do NOT underestimate the power of those in charge to make physical an "impossible" purchase. No matter where you live.

I would rather keep buying regular amounts now, even knowing I may be paying a bit more than I otherwise might, but knowing also that I then have that physical metal. In the long term (and I will admit, my interest is long term as opposed to trading), if the price will dip then go up past where we are now, and assuming I was valueing my stack in fiat currency (which I don't), I still won't actually be any worse off other than the opportunity cost of the lower price & greater purchase I may have been able to make if this prediction comes true.

On the other hand, I will still have my metal, and may have the chance of laughing last when I'm holding them in my hand whilst others are unable to actually obtain supply. Kinda like your grandmother's old saying "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush".