Reputable eBay Dealers

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by SilverJay, Jan 15, 2017.

1. SilverJay

SilverJay Member

Can anyone recommend a few reputable eBay sellers they've dealt with in the past year, preferably Australian and active all year round?

I'm aware of the pitfalls around procuring from eBay and the like - however, I'd like to see what other bullion products are available - as nothing has caught my eye lately in the dealers I visit.

Thanks!

S.J.

2. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Perth bullion, bradfords coins, iswright are the few I've dealt with...

3. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's quite a lot of people on eBay selling

What particularly are you after? Is there a certain mint, metal etc you're looking for?

It might be easier to find what you want first, and then ask about that particular seller?

4. SilverJay

SilverJay Member

Hi Soprano

Its hard to pinpoint exactly, as the beauty I see in them has been in the eye of the beholder lately (...so I've been told by my wife).

But, unique or rare silver bullion have taken my fancy. They tend to be anything from 1/2oz to 5oz ranging from minted items to hand-pours.

Hope that answers your question?

5. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

From a sellers perspective (not as a business, just tidying up excess), it's hard to find reputable buyer's!!
    As for sellers, look at their feedback and type of stock. If all of their stock looks "sensible" (there are no dodgy items at all and there are no super bargains) and their feedback is solid (I'd suggest no less than 500 positive and look at the reason for negatives as buyers can easily be a.holes), they are probably worth buying from. Unless you have already bought from a seller, I would tend to avoid seller's with very few items unless they are the kind you wouldn't fake when there is only lowish feedback.

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ITEM DESCRIPTION, VERY CAREFULLY AND IN DETAIL!!!!! Even from reputable sellers you can get surprises! if you don't read the item description properly.

6. CounterfeitGoldie

CounterfeitGoldie Member

I would like to share a little info.

After my review of sales on eBay, of the last 1,000+ Perth Mint gold bars on eBay when sold by sellers with less than 150 positive, legitimate seller feedbacks.

75% of Perth Mint gold bars sold on eBay are counterfeits produced in China.

That's right, 3 out of every 4 bars sold are fakes, when sold by sellers with less than 150 positive, legitimate seller feedbacks.

Why would anyone sell gold at spot price minus 10% to 15% in eBay and PayPal fees? Think about it.

Get your gold authenticated!!! Later in life, when its time to cash out, you get nothing!!!