Remember the time when.....

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mmissinglink, Jun 5, 2015.

1. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't laugh at you, just your thoughts, opinions and ideas. I can't help it if I think in a critical and logical manner which draws me to make clear rational judgments. If you want admiration for your belief in conspiracy theories, there's probably plenty of other forums that will cater for this that won't challenge your believes.

Now where was I......oh yeah :lol:

3. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I knew in your response to me that you would leave off with a laugh at me. :D

oh and btw, if those two Meier prophecy threads I started fulfill themselves precisely as Meier foretold they would, then I will have the last laugh on you. ;)

4. Caput Lupinum

If it means not having to discuss or read about Meiers again in the meantime, I can live with that

5. Skyrocket

I'm not a badass or a sensitive person or else I would never have started those two Meier threads where I showed I had no problem copping all that laughter at me. I expected that laughter/ridicule because it goes with the territory, and as I said, if I were a sensitive person I would never have started it.

6. Skyrocket

Caput, I feel a bit bad about posting that now, so I edited it out. :D

Besides, most people here including me do that too. Be pot calling kettle black. :lol:

7. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Meier threads were interesting btw so I'm glad you posted them even if we did make fun of the subject.

Did you see the brief appearance of Meier's UFO in the silver price volatility thread? It made a brief appearance in one frame of one of the gifs.

[​IMG]

8. Skyrocket

Many films, documentaries, books and people have used some of Billy Meier's 1970's (before the age of home computers) UFO photos but they never mentioned they were one of Meier's photos and give him credit for them, except for Chris Carter who was the creator and writer behind "The X-Files". In 2008 he was asked in an interview where did the "I Want to Believe" poster from Mulder's office come from? He revealed Billy Meier. A bit WAY late after the series had finished but at least he said it.

Q&A: Chris Carter of "The X Files"

The creator and writer behind "The X-Files" reveals his inspiration for the sci-fi series and motivation behind the upcoming film.

[​IMG]

Chris Carter, creator and writer of The X-Files came to the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History to donate several props and postersincluding the original pilot scriptfrom the popular television sci-fi series. The items were courtesy of Carter, producer Frank Spotnitz and 20th Century Fox.

After the donation ceremony, Carter sat down with Smithsonian magazine's Jesse Rhodes to discuss the life of the series and the upcoming film The X-Files: I Want to Believe in theatres July 25, 2008.

Where did the "I Want to Believe" poster from Mulder's office come from?

It [the poster donated to the Smithsonian] came from Gillian Anderson's collection. All the rest of the original posters had been stolen or, I assume, destroyed.

The original graphic came from me saying, "Let's get a picture of a spaceship and putEd Ruscha-like"I want to believe." I love Ed Ruscha. I love the way he puts text in his paintings. (I actually got to say to him, "I was inspired by you.") When I saw the [finished] poster I recognized the photograph because it came from a series of photographs taken in Europe by a guy named Billy Meier.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/qampa-chris-carter-of-the-x-files-1194526/?no-ist

[​IMG]

9. House of Commons

House of Commons New Member

You know the reality is if you didn't stack you would have blown it on a Toyota Carolla, beer, a TV, maybe a Kangaroo trap or rims for your truck. All of us here have done one thing 99% of the rest of the world has NOT done and that is SAVE. Ya we haven't hit pay dirt but we are farther a head then the rest of the clowns.

10. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

So much agreed. lol

11. Caput Lupinum

I'm still contemplating getting the kangaroo trap

12. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

The job of the Comex (why "Comix"?) is to make sure that those on the futures market will meet the obligations associated to a futures position and that the market is "liquid" ie sellers and buyers can always find eachother.
    Look at Thomson Reuters, I've seen them adjusting data that they published as long as 5-7 years ago.
    There is a red line though: all revisions shift towards a same direction: they collect data for supply, they collect data for demand, and the difference is explained by missing data, which they give a separate category (ex for silver was Implied Net Investment). Later on when they collect old sales figures, they subtract it from that separate "various" category to add it to the category it really was.
    Why the Comex added that disclaimer one day, well, any disclaimer comes into existence one day. Maybe it was just that day? There could have been a particular trigger, ex that they had an error and someone complained. I once saw a rather crazy/exceptional adjustment in their Gold_Stocks.xls, and it turned out to have been a fat finger error, no doubt about it, the error was precisely (with a 1/1000 ounce accuracy) explained by 1 wrong figure (Bron Suchecki proved it that way).
    Not that you can't be right in suspecting special / manipulative reasons, only that there is not that much out there supporting it.
    I've come across remarkable coincidences (different things over many years summing up to near exact matches) in the supply/demand data, remarkable enough to raise an eyebrow. But on the other hand, if I think about it, maybe it's just because derivatives in the end "milk" the underlying market, and a 100% hedge is nothing but 1 paper ounce for every cash market ounce, which can explain those near exact matches. That's what averages do: reveil underlying long term strategies.

13. SmartyFarty

SmartyFarty Member

Yes, I have heard a lot of "theories" regarding commodity prices.

Like iron ore having a $120/tonne "floor price" because of Chinese domestic production costs.

When silver was on the way up a lot of people came out of the woodwork and started advocating going "all in" on precious metals.

Silver investors over a 10 year period have done pretty well (better than a savings account) - around 7.7% pa return on investment.
    http://www.ptcalc.com/precious-metal-investment-performance.php

As with any investing, don't let emotions skew your decision making