RATE YOUR BULLION DEALER .

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silversearcher, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bullion List, Perth Bullion, Gold Stackers, Bullion Money, KJC and ABC sydney.
    All 10/10
    Love them all.
    Thank you :)

2. clear

clear Well-Known Member

Perth Bullion can provide insurance up to $ 75,000 per shipment.

3. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for you comment Peter. Good to hear a common sense response. Yep your right that PB and GS are the 2 all rounders and are quite good operators. And I have bought from both dealers and from my ratings the bar could lifted slightly higher . And I've wondered also about Sydney as why it appears that there is little competition provided to take on PB and GS as they seem to be bigger dominant operators. I can only assume that margins to be made on selling bullion is relatively low, as this kind of indicates few would really take enter business with lower margins. No doubt there will be a few out there eyeing them off and and willing to take em on. There a few cracks in the PB and GS armour to indicate a Asian operation in Australia would be well suited to be the dominant force. As they are a hard working race of people willing to work for gut bucket margins and cheap speedy services. And why not ? We do live in competitive world where any business can be arrested and taken away by any challenger.

4. clear

clear Well-Known Member

Australia Post does offer up $ 3000 cover within Australia and Internationally, don't remember the cost but it wasn't much.

5. fishtaco

fishtaco Active Member Silver Stacker

Not sure they will insure PM,s though as its written somewhere in there t&c,s that you are not allowed to post currency or bullion and they will take no responsibility for any loss if posted.

6. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Given Auspost expressly prohibits bullion, I doubt anyone could successfully make a claim for loss of bullion if it was insured through Auspost Extra Cover:

Source: http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/Dangerous-and-prohibited-goods-guide-Dec2014.pdf

7. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Any dealer or seller with reasonable product at reasonable prices, who ships to the US in a reasonable time-frame & accepts PayPal, is A-OK, in my book.. :)

8. silversearcher

Paypal has been mentioned a few times. Interesting that's been mentioned, as so people many people rely on that. The good thing if there is a issue, there is a Paypal refund. So they can sort it out. Having said that, it could open up a whole can of worms for any retail outlet. Recently Paypal extended their refund time also. Cheers

9. Gatito Bandito

I've purchased online from not only around the US, but also from around the world.. Canada, Europe, Australia, Asia, former Soviet bloc, etc.

I'm certainly not alone in that.

And I'm certainly grateful, as all of this has afforded me pieces which aren't otherwise widely-available at reasonable prices here in the US.

I understand that dealers / sellers shoulder some risk in accepting PayPal.

But in not doing so, they're shutting off potential international sales -- which is also a different risk for them.

10. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I live in Sydney and have visited Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane as a stacker. I have made a point to introduce myself to the local dealers and stacker community. This tends to bring any dealings down to a personal level which makes for good business dealings.

11. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Awful. Charges insane premiums. Pays UNDER spot for ALL items.
    I avoid all my local dealers like the plague.
    I understand they have to keep their lights on....
    ...but I can buy lots more OZ shopping online. :cool:

12. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As long as they have what I want at a good price and don't B.S. around, they're good.

I haven't had a bad experience with any of the major dealers in Australia. Each may have particular strengths, and maybe weakness in some aspects, but I'm very happy they are different and focus on different areas. Overall they have all been good to deal with.

13. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

A et L,steve, is always reliable.
    I also trust bullionlist
    I haven't traded with many.

14. Gatito Bandito

Perhaps, but I don't believe in-person visits are necessarily required to bring any dealings down to a personal level, either..

I've found in at least a handful of cases where sellers/dealers & buyers, alike -- who are hundreds or even thousands of miles away -- can be quite friendly, open & honest on a human level.

In fact, one could argue that this type of non-face-to-face business relationships might even become that much more personal, due to its nature.

15. fishtaco

So who are your online dealers and how do you rate them,obviously higher than your local dealers.:eek:

In US some dealers pay over spot for bullion? I am pretty sure all aussie dealers pay below spot as thats how they make a living, could be wrong though as I dont know much about selling bullion!

16. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

I've used JMBullion several times. Couple months ago, I noticed Apex started being more competitive.
    (They might not be ATM, idk)
    Provident is also competitive with pricing. I just like to bargain hunt from different reliable sources when I'm buying.
    I'm frugal with PMs, but in the long run of stacking it should make a significant impact.

I enjoy the competitiveness of the online marketplace, and will give all legit dealers & mints some business at the right price. :)

17. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dropped in to goldstackers at lunchtime today. I was very well treated by the friendly staff and they had the item I was after in stock.

I also had some xrf testing done on various bits and pieces which they were happy to do for me. They do not charge for this service but appreciate a donation towards an organisation that supports children with autism spectrum disorder (AMAZE I think its called). None of the items were worth $10000, a couple were barely worth 10 cents but they still did each test properly and professionally.

I rated todays stacking experience a 9/10. Docked a point due to them using farmed salmon on the canapes and not having a BYO liquor licence. :D

18. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

:cool:

19. fishtaco

And your point?

My point: cant become a paid member because paypal to SS link is broken with paypal even with paypal phone confirmation verification code! only GP can send details/link, should I go out of my way to pay $35 and send many pm,s to do so? Ask another mod! they will say talk to GP. How much effort? Oh yes you forgot to add to your diagram of member unity, Chip - House House - Chip, sides taken, ganging up with other paid members to discredit paid members! sort of makes you ?????????????????? about the unity of paid members and child like diagrams Dont you think lol

20. silversearcher

When I get time I'd like to visit Gold Stackers in Melbourne. Have no idea what their premises looks like. In my minds eye I visualise it looking like ABC Bullion Company in Melbourne. That was 3 years ago when I was there. Kind of expected it to be shop front on the main street rather than a room in some building. Cheers