Posiedon coin delay (reply from Perth Mint)

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by atlas, Jun 13, 2014.

1. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

would that be worth the hassle though? the resources and time required to do this wouldn't really be worth it.

you guys need to think before you type

2. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

you nee to think before you type

3. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

thanks Renee, was billed for mine today :)

4. DanielM

Ok you go through with your $1.8mill scam. Involving 10,000 units to make $3,700ish in a month, not even thinking about the costs and work involved.

Oh and by the way....nice come back

5. DanielM

Not to mention this is the Perth mint your talking about with a $5.8 BILLION turnover in 2012-13 I think they wouldn't even piss on the whole $1.8m let alone the grain of sand profit they'd make on it

6. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

your talking about a gov't organisation, get a $70 parking ticket, don't pay, and see how far they go to get it, not just the $70, they screw you for $500 by then.

7. chicken12

chicken12 Member

8. Aureus

Just got my coin from downies, really like it. Wish Poseidon was the main character on the wooden box though, seems strange (obviously a cost cutting exercise by the PM) that they didn't do that.

Also got COA 1000 - nice even number.

9. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

You would have thought that for such a special coin, even at it's retail price it is WAY WAY over spot....that they could have shifted the silkscreening on the wooden box to show Poseidon in front ( They did shift Poseidon to the front on the black cardboard box )

What a cheap move, the perth mint dropped the ball on this release in numerous ways.

10. Elkslayer132

Elkslayer132 New Member

Still waiting for my coins to come from Downies seems pretty slow anyone else still waiting for theirs

11. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

Hi, I am still waiting for my one Poseidon coin from Downies too. Just got off the phone to them and they assured me I will get it. Has been issues with the antiquing again. Had the same long wait with the Zeus but got it in the end. Apparently most people have got theirs only the last few orders are waiting now. I am glad they are doing quality control on them rather then sending out damaged or below par coins. Will be worth the wait in the end.

12. Aureus

Problem this time is lazy employees not removing enough of the black stuff off the coins.
    I have seen some pathetic examples of this coin, some of which are completely black.

Downies have been awesome, should be very thankful for their quality control or we'd have far more crap examples out there.

13. Downies

Downies New Member

Hi Aureus,

We really appreciate you being so understanding. We work hard and it's really nice to see people appreciate it. We'd like to make a small gesture to say thank you I've sent you a PM.

Kind regards,

Renee

14. Aureus

Thanks Renee, much appreciated :)
    your presence here has been fantastic recently, I know for a fact it's completely removed some negative thoughts certain members have had of Downies in the past - rightly or wrongly.

Selling these coins at issue price, letting buyers of the first coin preorder the others in the series, making sure the coins arrive in perfect condition - none of that is mandatory but it's been done.

Waiting because the mint decides to quickly churn these out with minimal quality control shouldn't be the fault of a dealer who is putting their customers first, I think we all recognise and appreciate what you're doing for us when it comes to this Perth Mint experiment.

thanks again.

15. Aureus

Just in case people were wondering how bad these can get without quality control, here are a couple of mine.

The turd on the left is from the mint and the one on the right is from downies.
    My camera sucks but the one from the mint is completely black, they have put no effort (emphasis on the word NO) at all into the finishing process. They're in the same light and if anything the camera is not showing just how bad the black coin is. I can't really make out any details unless I hold it up to the light.

so patience guys, wait is worth it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

Not all antiques age the same Aureus :lol: that coin on the left has been ages a bit too long. Lucky you have two ey.

17. Downies

Downies New Member

Thank you Aureus, we appreciate all the positive feedback we've received by joining this great community. It's been great to make a direct connection with collectors whether they are customers of Downies or not, and it has helped us to improve our customer service. We try to keep up to date with all the mentions of our company here on the forum but if anyone has a particular query they can PM us or contact us through the [email protected] email. We endeavour to meet and exceed expectations from customers and do what we can to resolve any issues quickly.

We're excited about the upcoming release of the Hades coin, at this stage set for October, and will be contacting previous buyers as soon as we have a confirmed release date from Perth Mint.

18. R4mn33k

R4mn33k New Member

Anyone here interested in buying the Poseidon coin for $350?

19. noah

noah Member

Do you have one to sell?

20. clear

clear Well-Known Member

so are you saying that the Perth Mint doesn't know how to finish off the Posiedon Coin but Downies have quality controls in place which enabled them to supply a better coin to you than the Perth Mint can.

every Posiedon the Perth Mint produced has a document (in the box) explaining - the coins are individually and independently finished and are different in colour - Downes have nothing to do with the ageing process or the antique finish.

Im sure Downies do a great job but Perth Mint deserves the credit not Downies, Perth Mint manufactured a great coin and Downies merely delivered it to you.